Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Anyone else having a terrible feeling of... "meh" ?

Disagree with OP. The Beta is very limited, but even with limited skills and itemization and without end game content the Beta has still been a big hit for me... I haven't been so thrilled with an rpg since everquest or diablo 2 classic.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by raveharu View Post
    I have been playing D2 since it was out, but honestly, the beta is much more amazing and superior than the whole of D2 and LOD put together.
    wow, just wow

Quote Originally Posted by grunge
    Could you please elaborate? What dark graphics and what gives you this gothic feel you mention? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by raveharu View Post
    The whole beta. There isn't a need to elaborate, go download the client and open your eyes.

so, no answer, huh ?

pulling the bodies out of the wagon and putting them onto a fire was a nice touch, but gothic feel ?
    no, not even definition 3,

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gothic

IncGamers Member

The graphics surely are pretty dark with bleak colors. More so than Diablo 2 I would say.
    Personally I look forward to more colors in later acts.

Whether you can call Diablo 3 gothic really depends on whether you can call Diablo 2 gothic.
    They both are part of medieval settings (with a bunch of magic added to it) and fulfill the above-mentioned definition of "remote settings", macabre and violent" etc. But clearly you can have violent and remote settings which one would not consider gothic, so its a rather unspecific definition.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by jamesL View Post
    pulling the bodies out of the wagon and putting them onto a fire was a nice touch, but gothic feel ?
    no, not even definition 3,

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gothic
    If D3 Act 1 isn't "gothic" enough for you, you must've hated the art for D2 Act 1...and 2 and 3 and 4 and 5.

Banned

Beta areas remind me of Dusk Wood from WoW. Even the road lamps and fences are similar.

IncGamers Member

This is the way this game works, really. It is designed to be repetitive, you can't even get to level 60 without playing this game 3 times over, but this is how Diablo works.

People keep coming expecting some stuff that is not meant to be in this game. This game is all about logging in, smashing monsters to tiny bits in all kinds of ways and plowing through piles of trash loot hoping to get something epic out of it that lets you smash more monsters and flaunt your e-peen with shiny gear with big numbers.

And you know what, as stupid as it may sound... people like it! Sometimes all you want to do in the evening is just to smash stuff without all the "oh no, I must go and wipe this NPC's butt with my silver tongue sweettalk, so that I can get something out of it and try not to anger some other NPC while doing it" or running around like some janitor picking up crumpled notes and all sorts of trash that points me towards the next crumpled note or some sort of key for a safe with more keys or crumpled notes, a la retarded Sherlock Holmes style with a huge THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE signs everywhere.

So yeah, the whole point of Diablo can be summed in 5 words: Kill monsters and grab loot! And it is OK, really, because if I get bored of it, I can always switch to some other game mending some NPC booboo's or actually do something useful in real life.

All that can be said as a summary: don't like it - don't play it. And I say it in a good way and not retarded elitist way of "how dare you to doubt something I like!" People like different things and it's OK. Too bad that humanity won't grasp this concept before wiping itself out in an inevitable nuclear war.

BattleTag Saydrake-1197

Holy crap this thread read my mind.

They really took the magic, competitive spirit, away from the earlier Diablo 2 games...

BattleTag sanity-1134

I lol at people judging the game by playing a hour of act 1 normal.

HP/MP restored! But you're still hungry.

IncGamers Member SuggestiveName's Avatar

I liked the part of the beta where you kill the lich king.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by yovargas View Post
    If D3 Act 1 isn't "gothic" enough for you, you must've hated the art for D2 Act 1...and 2 and 3 and 4 and 5.
    If you say it was colorful, bad, booring, etc. i'm ok... but not gothic enough...
    231ps.jpg