Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BattleTag Hub-1983

Re: Anyone else having a terrible feeling of... "meh" ?

I like it. Sure, it feels a little different, but after playing D2 for a long time, I want something different. I like the dark graphics, and I think they done a very good job keeping a gothic feel. The monsters are a little cartoony, but that's OK. I think the length of time people have been waiting for this game has caused them to have unrealistic expectations. Duke Nukem, no way.

Quote Originally Posted by grunge View Post
    Could you please elaborate? What dark graphics and what gives you this gothic feel you mention? Thanks.
    The whole beta. There isn't a need to elaborate, go download the client and open your eyes.

Last edited by raveharu; 21-04-2012 at 16:33.

Quote Originally Posted by grunge View Post
    If you would be reading the forum instead of just spamming like the little muppet you are, you would have known that the reason I'm asking this is because I have played the beta.
    You mad bro? little muppet? Interesting terms little boys use nowdays.

Wait I remember you now, you're that little gw2 fanboy.

Why are you still wasting your time here? Go play your trashy guild wars 2, shoo.

D3 Demon Hunter Moderator
    IncGamers Site Pal

Might want to tone things down a bit, before someone says anything they regret later. Raveharu, grunge asked you a perfectly polite question. If you don't feel like answering it, that's your good right, but keep the flames out of it. Thanks.

- Snow
    When people tell me "plz" just because it's shorter than 'please', I feel perfectly justified to answer 'No' because it's shorter than 'Yes'.
    And the Lord said unto Carl: 'Come forth and receive eternal life'. But Carl came fifth and won a toaster.

I am very happy aout beta and OP are you serious that you want D3 graphic to be like Dota2?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    I am very happy aout beta and OP are you serious that you want D3 graphic to be like Dota2?
    I agree Dota2 looks horrendous compared to d3 but then again I am not sure many of these complaints are coming from people firing on all cylinders.

BattleTag KornKills-1468

I think patience and open mind is needed. I really enjoy the beta now, but the first couple of times I played it on someone elses account, it did not appeal to me. When I got my own account, I got into it. Grinding for gold, crafting materials, trying to make my DH the best gear possible was a ton of fun. Doing fresh play throughs with people on hardcore, farming bosses, it is exactly the same mindset of diablo 2. "How can I improve my character, and what steps do I need to take".

Also the auction house will ease up trading significantly. Although you don't get to met the people your trading with, it is undenyable that searching for exactly what you want and spending gold or $$ and receiving it instantly is so much better than finding a person in game with what you want, negotiating a price, getting on mules, and do the trade, and you do not have to worry about scam. Or another trade method was on forums, playing cat and mouse with people for 2 days, or trusting your items on a mule account.

Done ranting, but will close with this: Diablo 3 will kick your ***, and you'll enjoy it.

IncGamers Member

I dont know... they really didnt nail the overall tone of the game, and not just the horror park feel of the game but also the characters... I mean... an idiot is blocking your way with the cart and doesnt want to move it? I rescue cain and bring him to leah and she does that "Yeeeaahh" stance that would be more proper with ash catching a pokemon? The blacksmith needs helping killing his infected-zombie wife and as soon as he is done with it: "thanks! I would do it without you." as if it was the most common task in the world.

That omnious feel of the diablo world certainly isnt there. Also I think the start of the game makes you feel a bit more powerful than you should, that is usually something that should be reserved for the end-game, but you are already spamming skills left and right without concern for the resources, I mean... the game feel likes it will be like that until lv 60, except with more numbers and skills while I believe there was always a "survival" tone at the start of diablo 1 and 2, you had to use your melee attack even if you were a caster, you had to have a better management of the battle because you actually started weaker, which was completely different from how it was on high levels but here I think I already felt too powerful right from the start, there wasnt none of that "early survival" feel.

IncGamers Member

They should have contracted Max Schaefer and Matt Uelman to make D3. They took 7 years trying to figure out what to do with RMAH. This will be a great game you play for a month, which is an amazing thing to do in itself. People will then move on quicker than they did with SC2. We are all speculating right now, and only time will tell anyways as to the success of D3.

I'm very disappointed in the character classes.

IncGamers Member JustAnotherOldGeezer's Avatar

i too felt a bit 'meh' after my first playthrough (i chose wizard)

gameplay felt repetitive and the items were bland. only a few skills were really interesting, and i don't think i'll experiment with the other skills in the wizard tech tree unless the runes spice them up a lot more than their vanilla forms (most of them do not, they're just +damage or -AP cost). i am somewhat worried about the long term replayability of the classes here, and i think they still have a lot of balancing work to be done. so many of the skills just feel too inferior to other choices.

that said, i think the loot system is probably the strongest thing the game has going for it. using the blacksmith & rolling items with random properties is so much fun! i love the idea of maxing out each gear slot by investing in crafting. i am really pumped for the artisan system, and i can't wait to venture further into the other acts for this reason primarily.