Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Anyone else having a terrible feeling of... "meh" ?

Dont get me wrong, I will certainly buy this at day one but mostly because ARPGs are so rare nowdays but the overall feeling of the game... I dont know... the gameplay looks a bit more spammy than it should be but thats okay.

I mean, its a good game but seriously something tells me that a game like this shouldnt take almost 10 years to be made. I was playing the beta for like 30 min and I was already itching to go back to play Dota 2 (my regular game of choice atm, and its artstyle is what Diablo 3 should have been) something that I thought that would never happen, I always thought that once I got my hands on Diablo 3, it could be beta or retail, I wouldnt take my hands off it and today I dont even feel like playing it.

The monk was the most fun part of the beta imo, the WD works, a bit too spammy but he works, the Wizard was the most boring one to me, Demon Hunter was boring as well but to me it was better than the wizard.

But my main problem is with the immersion, there is something off... Its hard to point what... I think its the whole "halloween palette" that the beta has, I was always one of the guys against the wow comparisons but this screams so much of undercity...

Weird... I thought that D3 would be the king of the ARPGs but.... I am now really looking forward Grim Dawn, Torchlight 2 and Borderlands 2.

I went on ecstasy when I heard about the open beta weekend, I tried giving it a second chance to slay some more monsters but as soon as I got in the character screen Its felt so... "meh"

Re: Anyone else having a terrible feeling of... "meh" ?

Well the game is alright-ish imho.. But seriously, where did those 7 years of development go ? I just don't see it ..

So yeah, its a bit like , meh. Some things definately need some polish, like the interface and chat/friends systems.. Wtf they have been doing these years I don't know. The game looks pretty unfinished to me.

If you feel like playing Dota 2 after only 30 minutes of D3, then I guess D3 isn't for you. There must just be a fundamental difference in game taste.

I've been playing the beta for two months now and STILL keep playing through it. I just find it incredibly fun.

Perhaps for you, part of the disillusionment is the fact that there's no progress beyond the limited beta content. There's no urge to play because you know that ultimately, you're going to be playing new chars all the way to 60 when retail comes out.

Diablo: IncGamers Member mortuus's Avatar

remember this is just the first hour really in the beta.. its really nothing amazing the first hours i bet. .then it will get better and more fun i bet.

I have been playing D2 since it was out, but honestly, the beta is much more amazing and superior than the whole of D2 and LOD put together.

And after playing crappy diablo clones like path of exile, D3 is still #1, in terms of graphics, gameplay and lore.

I personally really dislike Act1, it's too dull and colorless. I also dislike rune system, I think it's worst of all versions they had so far.

Other than that the game is amazing.

Banned

First time playing the beta, unfortunately it feels just like I predicted it would. Played the barbarian, pretty impressed with the feel of the skills, fun class overall. But the game is very meh. Not bad, but just so generic.
    Every piece of lore from the previous games, that had a mysterious vibe to it, is just thrown at you like some fairy-tale that you now MUST take seriously! Overacting just kills the mood of the lore. Maybe it was meant to be so cheesy, I don't know.
    The art direction (resurrecting the dead horse and beating it again) is way off. Now don't get me wrong, it is nice on it's own, but not in a Diablo game. Maybe in some sort of a friendly-environment fantasy-adventure. Not in a game that pretends to have an occult, terrifying atmosphere.Those trees have the Scooby-Doo, horror theme park feel.
    The mechanics of the game seemed a bit too "streamlined" for my tastes. The skills are probably balanced, they look good and feel right, but overall nothing impressive. Haven't seen anything remotely interesting on weapons as far as magical properties go. Crafting is your basic WoW-system. Ok-ish, not much happening there. The first games had abit of an RPG feel to them, this one lost it completely.
    Overall it feels like a re-imagining of the Diablo universe for the younger generation. It has lost its depth and atmosphere,the gothic medieval feeling, but gained a bit in the gameplay department. It will be a great game for those who only played WoW and/or never played the Diablo series. I personally stay by my word, and will only purchase it when I can at a 25-30$ price.

Quote Originally Posted by grunge View Post
    First time playing the beta, unfortunately it feels just like I predicted it would. Played the barbarian, pretty impressed with the feel of the skills, fun class overall. But the game is very meh. Not bad, but just so generic.
    Every piece of lore from the previous games, that had a mysterious vibe to it, is just thrown at you like some fairy-tale that you now MUST take seriously! Overacting just kills the mood of the lore. Maybe it was meant to be so cheesy, I don't know.
    The art direction (resurrecting the dead horse and beating it again) is way off. Now don't get me wrong, it is nice on it's own, but not in a Diablo game. Maybe in some sort of a friendly-environment fantasy-adventure. Not in a game that pretends to have an occult, terrifying atmosphere.Those trees have the Scooby-Doo, horror theme park feel.
    The mechanics of the game seemed a bit too "streamlined" for my tastes. The skills are probably balanced, they look good and feel right, but overall nothing impressive. Haven't seen anything remotely interesting on weapons as far as magical properties go. Crafting is your basic WoW-system. Ok-ish, not much happening there. The first games had abit of an RPG feel to them, this one lost it completely.
    Overall it feels like a re-imagining of the Diablo universe for the younger generation. It has lost its depth and atmosphere,the gothic medieval feeling, but gained a bit in the gameplay department. It will be a great game for those who only played WoW and/or never played the Diablo series. I personally stay by my word, and will only purchase it when I can at a 25-30$ price.
    That pretty much sums up my thoughts on the game so far as well.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people will buy it, play it and like it.. for a month or so, then get bored with it.

IncGamers Member

It's the beginning of the game, of course its gonna be boring. That's what it was like in D2. Once you get to the hard stuff that's when it gets fun. And Wizard is like the sorc at the beginning, boring, but when you get late into the game it gets fun to play. I think it will pale in comparison to D2 though, no stat points, no skill points, runes are stupid made the game stupid, there's just no motivation to keep playing once you've reached level 60 and have messed around with all the (limited) builds.

They really pulled a Duke Nukem Forever with this game.

Quote Originally Posted by bazinga View Post
    It's the beginning of the game, of course its gonna be boring. That's what it was like in D2. Once you get to the hard stuff that's when it gets fun. And Wizard is like the sorc at the beginning, boring, but when you get late into the game it gets fun to play. I think it will pale in comparison to D2 though, no stat points, no skill points, runes are stupid made the game stupid, there's just no motivation to keep playing once you've reached level 60 and have messed around with all the (limited) builds.

They really pulled a Duke Nukem Forever with this game.
    Limited builds compared to D2? Very funny.

Don't bring in the stats/skills argument again, this has been debated in countless times, go do some proper research before lambasting the game's current systems.