Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: Thoughts on the Diablo 3 open beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Solomon Wreath View Post
    DarkD3 is their solution. it's perfectly safe, tried it with the beta earlier and toggleable with the Pause/Break key

http://darkd3.com/

as for the others being too old, then I guess they got no business posting in a D3 fan forum. send them back to MXL lol
    It is not game related forums, just people who used to play d2 years ago, and their point of view.

IncGamers Member In the name of Zod's Avatar

I don't like what I'm seeing in the beta. The graphics look extremely dated, the gameplay is slow and sticky. No stat point's is ****ing moronic!!! The itemisation is a complete carbon copy of D2. Although I was quite negative about D2 when it came out, I'm just not seeing why oh why they removed stat points, run/walk, skill points. Anyhow, the beta is lame *** - show's nothing of the game we must hope. Extremely underwhelming.. oh hell yeah! :( Is beta a good reason to cancel one's preorder? YES! **** yeah!

IncGamers Member The Lord of Darkness's Avatar

Finished the last class, The Wizard. Extremely disappointed. I knew about the death rays that this class casts but this is ridiculous after playing the character myself.

All in all, I've got mixed feelings about the game itself. The voice overs get to be annoying as hell. The Templar needs to zip it. The skill and rune systems (or lack thereof) kind of suck in general. The craft system seems interesting. As much fun I have had playing the game, based off the beta, I'm not real confident in the replayability of this game for myself. I'll buy the game and hopefully (and I expect) it does get better with the full game.

Favorite Classes

1.Demon Hunter
    2.Monk
    3.Barbarian

There is no 4 or 5. Witch Doctor and The Wizard suck equally in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by TarnishedHope View Post
    Really. Ambiance?

There might be some if my Demon Hunter would just shut up once in a while. The dialogues, the retcons, the stupid remarks my guy keep making...

I miss when my guy stays quiet. You know. Back in Diablo 1 and 2.
    ^This, ^This and ^This

Also, It looks like I'm not the target market of this game. I'll buy it eventually (I was going to buy the digital download, now I'm considering wait for the boxed version), but won't make any upgrades on my pc because of the game, as I was planning (I'll wait for next-gen processors that probably will run this easily). It's the kind of game I see myself playing when I got nothing else to do, not the kind of game I'll make room in my schedule to play - like D2.

I finished the beta with Barbarian, Wizard and I'm halfway with Demon Hunter, since I felt sleepy (not a good sign). Today, I'm getting the error 37 thing. Hopefully I'll be able to finish the beta with all classes.

How to play beta: pick-up gold, pick up potions, pick up enough magic items for twinking an drop them in shared stash. Salvage the other magic items and solemn ignore everything else.

Lag: afaik, none. I had some stuttering in some places (like the jar of souls or the pillars before skeleton king), but that's probably because I'm playing without a video card (I'm using intel HD graphics 1000).

All in all, It fells more like a sequel of D1 than D2 - not just because you're in Tristram. Item names, grab a non-garbage magic item and kill everything, you can play the game without preparation/planning etc. Probably I'll be playing SP D2 for fun (item farming, rune hunting, char planning, finish the grail, etc) and will play D3 while stressed (like an old video game). Also, It looks like: buy a awesome weapon on RMAH and beat everything on pvm and pvp. That doesn't affect me, since I'm a lone-wolf-who-hates-the-templar-voice.

I'm not saying "this game suckzzz", maybe I'm not target market. All in all, it seems a solid game (4.5 out of 5) and definitly worth $50. I'll buy it, make a pentavirate and bash stuff once in a while, but I'm not seeing, at least for me, a 10+ years replayability like D2.

Besides that:

Barbarian: Dunno if it was because it was the one I played untwinked, but I expected him to be tougher. Hi didn't died or something, but the other classes I played made a way better job staying alive. I could cleave stuff all day long...

Wizard: good, but not great. If you play the game clearing everything from a safe distance, well, It's very safe. Support skills make Skeleton King safer for him, I'm comparision with barbarian. It's my favored class, since it clears monsters and objects at the same time, making the job faster (no, I'm not a flavor person).

Demon Hunter: So far, use the ensnaring thing to make monsters slower, destroy them with my 13 DPS hand crossbow and multiple shots (that deplects hatred). On elite monster, so far I just hold down multiple shots and the die trying to reach me. Very good for monster killing, but breaking objects it's a little boring. Have to see how it behaves against skeleton king.

Rest:Hopefully, I'll test today.

In this early part, the barb feels OP. I mean, he just crushes everything. I felt like a lvl 10 when I started b/c I was one-shotting zombies and blowing them off the map. WHICH is awesome, but I wonder how the playing field might level out? I, personally, want to play a more challenging class first, but am I going to have to group with three barbs? I'm not calling for a nerfing really, I just want other classes to get the same joy of blowing things up effortlessly.

There is no gothic horror feeling of this game. I like the Barbarian, Witch Doctor and Demon Hunter classes. I'll be playing those on and off.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasJ View Post
    There is no gothic horror feeling of this game.
    Completely disagree, the beta immediately reminded me of D1, and this is only 10% of Act 1.

I did not even get 1% of that feeling while playing D2 and LOD for the past 10 years.

Ambiance, graphics and art style in D3 is what a true Diablo franchise should have been.

Jay and his team have surpassed even Blizzard North, glad Blizzard made the right decision to kick them off.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by raveharu View Post
    Completely disagree, the beta immediately reminded me of D1, and this is only 10% of Act 1.

I did not even get 1% of that feeling while playing D2 and LOD for the past 10 years.

Ambiance, graphics and art style in D3 is what a true Diablo franchise should have been.

Jay and his team have surpassed even Blizzard North, glad Blizzard made the right decision to kick them off.
    I loved the dark and gritty gothic horror feeling of diablo 1, d3 immediately reminded me of it.

BattleTag decoyyyy-1335

some people have been using this

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by raveharu View Post
    the beta is 10% of Act 1 ?

lol

doesn't that remark invalidate your entire post ?