Hi guys, figured I'd put this up here in case someone is having issues. This is tech support, not account support. We cannot help you with password/other account problems.
If you are reading this for the open beta weekend, and you are having an issue with the login, then just make a new bnet account for the weekend. There's quite a few bugs still in the system due to the trial program that have no current workarounds. These will probably disappear once the release client is out.
The Launcher is stuck at "Updating 0%"
For windows, hit ctrl+alt+del, and bring up the task manager. Don't close the launcher. Find agent.exe (or agent(x86).exe) and right-click it, then hit end process (kill it). The "play" button should light up, allowing you into the game.
A gray pop-up box is stuck at "Updating"
This one is a bit more complicated. In order to fix this, you must have hidden files showing on your system. To enable this option, follow these instructions for Windows 7. I believe they are the same for Vista. For XP, follow these instructions.
Make sure that the launcher and agent.exe have both been killed in the processes list in the task manager (refer to previous solution for instructions).
After that is done, go into My Computer and find C:\ProgramData. It may not be the "C" drive depending on how your computer is set up-simply find the program data folder on whichever drive you installed the game to, but if not there, then check the first drive in the list.
In C:\Program Data, you'll see a Battle.net folder. Delete it. Don't back it up or rename it, just delete it.
After that, find the C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment\Cache folder. Delete it. Like the other, don't rename it or move it, just delete it.
Re-start the launcher. The gray pop-up box will come back up, and it will appear to be stuck again. Just give it a minute as this time it actually is updating the files (because you deleted them). The launcher will pop up and you'll be able to resume playing. If the pop-up box sticks for more than two minutes, kill agent.exe and the launcher (if active) and re-start these steps. It's rare that this isn't fixed on the first go, but it happens.
Textures are missing/flickering, and projectiles are not showing
Re-start the client. Exit the game, exit the launcher (if it remains up) and, if necessary, kill agent.exe in the task manager, processes list.
Sometimes alt-tabbing will fix one of the problems, but currently the only fix for all three is to restart the game. I'm not sure what causes this and I don't think Blizzard is either.
I'm lagging relentlessly
It's a stress test. We're all lagging relentlessly. It's supposed to be this way.
I'm having other issues, encountering bugs, etc.
Step 1: Visit this thread which will list things that are not bugs.
Step 2: Visit this thread which will list known issues to the game, and sometimes a workaround for them.
Step 3: If you've encountered a bug that hasn't previously been reported, then post about it with as much detail (and screens/video if possible) to this forum:
I can't pick up the lore book "The History of Tristram" and the Skeleton bestiary isn't playing!
These are known bugs. Excruciatingly well known. For the love of god please don't post about it.
The Login button is grayed out
Seems to be some confusion over this because Blizzard made you make a battletag to get the beta. You don't log in with your battletag, but with the email associated to your battle.net account. It is in the format "firstname.lastname@example.org"
I'm receiving Error #X while trying to log in
If you are receiving an error after the game tries to authenticate, it is an issue with the server. Just wait and try again.
If you are receiving an error that says more than just an error number, then this is a well-established error that likely has a workaround, and feel free to ask about it.
Update from Blizzard:
Failed to read a required file errorThe open beta has begun and we've been extremely successful in that we've already managed to break a few things. We're working through issues as they come up, and as they come up we're aware of the causes of a few of the various error codes:
- Error 12 - This is an error we're still investigating but you can workaround it by simply changing your Battle.net account password to force your account information to refresh. Once changed you can change it back.
- Error 37 - The server is full. This is likely due to us lower the concurrency cap to address an issue or error. The only solution is to keep trying to log in.
- Error 3003 - Click Options, under Account change your region to The Americas. The open beta is only being held on US hardware.
- Error 3004, 3006, 3007, or 300008 - These are all related to timeouts or creation errors for characters or games. These are server-side issues, and need to be resolved on the game side. There are no workarounds for these errors except to try again.
- Error 315300 - If you're sure you're typing your correct account information, check to ensure no additional spaces were added before or after your email address. If that doesn't work try a completely wrong account name and wrong password, error, and then again try your correct Battle.net account email and password.
- Error 24000 - Once logged in you may run into this error when attempting to start a game. We're aware and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible.
- Gray login button - You need to use your Battle.net email address as your account name. Your BattleTag is a nickname, not your account name.
- Updating Setup Files - If you're stuck on "Updating Setup Files" try these troubleshooting steps.
- Crashes - For any crashes please visit the Technical Support forum or Mac Technical Support
Regrettably the only thing I think can be done about this is deleting the entire Diablo III Beta folder in C:\Program Files, and then re-downloading the client.
If you are encountering a problem not on this list, please post it to this thread and we may be able to help you.