Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Your D3 Beta Highlights and Lowlights?

Highlight: Even in beta form, the game is more fun than most things out there. I leveled all characters to 13 under three separate patches, and enjoyed every moment of it. I willfully didn't need to obtain new games for the 5-month stretch after having access to the beta, and given that it's just a small chunk of challenge-less content, this bodes well for the game as a whole. Even though there are a bunch of lowlights below, this is the only one that really matters.

Lowlight: Scumbag Blizzard - announces beta, sends out 5 keys. Of all the things that Blizzard has done recently that have been negatively hailed by the community at large, that one leaves the worst taste in my mouth. Either start rolling out non-trivial invite numbers, or don't announce that you are inviting people in the first place.

Lowlight: Change to rune system. Most people like it, I really liked the old system and like this one far less. But, Highlight: getting to play with rune effects in the beta, even after Blizzard said they would not be available.

Lowlight: Having the awesome, fluid skill UI stripped away and having to deal with one that is terrible by comparison.

Lowlight: Multiple times, coming home tired after work on a Friday and being unable to play the beta because of patch implementation issues.

IncGamers Member

highs: most things, even in beta form it was polished and very well put together. some bugs, but it's a beta, if you don't expect any then you shouldn't be playing them.

The low point is certainly the new UI for skills. It is cumbersome and tacky, feels like it was an afterthought to the game where everything else fits together smoothly and easily. The old one had it's faults, but it was just made worse.

BattleTag Elly-1983

Highlight - Ramping up the difficulty
    Lowlight - Removing Companions

Elly - Admin,
    Diablo: IncGamers on Twitter on You Tube on Facebook
    DiabloNut.Com (Diablo 3 database) - Blue Post Tracker - Diablo3Ladders.Com

New to Diablo 3? Read this great primer.

Your beliefs don't make you a better person, you behaviour does.

Highlight: Barbarian - The class is just brutally awesome. Thought I was playing the Witch Doctor first but apparently not.
    Lowlight: Couldn't play beyond the Skeleton King fight.

BattleTag SiegeValgore-1984

Highlight: The Ride. This game has been made, remade, polished, sanded, polished again, tweaked, edited, changed, improved and finalized. I've been along for the whole ride and watched the game changed from where it started to where it is now and I am very impressed and SUPER stoked for release.
    Lowlight: Removal of Physical Runes (Although there have been rumors that they put them back in) and removal of Companions. Those two things I feel could have REALLY added to a more customizable experience and I was very much looking forward to participating in that aspect of the game.

Highlight: When playing Wizard I let myself get swarmed by skelies in cathedral, casted frozen nova followed by wave of force (yeaa i know, common combo) than watching flying bones in every direction with my personal record- 27 kills in single blow God, i've almost came :P . Just imagine it with previously casted slow time and more meaty mobs around me, buahahaa!! (I'm fine -no need to worry )

Lowlight: f**d up performance after introducing patch 16...

Highlight - been through the content about 20-30 times and only saw the crazy tome guy in cathedral level 4 once. That speaks well for the amount of randomness that this game is going to have. Should make things less stale for multiple playthroughs.

Anyone notice the new section of cathedral level 1 right before the entrance to level 2? There is a cathedral-like area and a long staircase to walk down now.

BattleTag Brokenstorm-1880

Highlight: Getting access to the fields of misery and the Festering Woods.

Lowlight: when they changed something in patch 12-13 that doubled my ping

Highlight: Has the basic diablo elements/feel.

Lowlight: The chat system. Nobody really communicates within the game and it would be nice to have access to the chat channels while ingame also (with moveable- re sizable windows) to give a sense of involvement.

Nothing memorable has impressed me in the beta that I'd tell someone like "this really cool thing happened". So far, everything has been quite linear and forgettable but that should change with the full game.

BattleTag Flexy-2748

Highlights:
    -In general, they really THOUGHT about things. You just see that they tried to erase the flaws of D2. I mean, a teleport at the end of a tomb so you don't have to run back out is simple, yet genius!
    -Having a dedicated slot/key for potions.
    -Side-by-side comparison of items and +/- signs to show what's better or worse
    -Linking items in chat
    -the loot system
    -so many numbers & stats!
    -chests are not worthless anymore

Lowlights:
    Just one, but this is a big one for me.
    It sucks that the skill slots (1-4) aren't unlocked from the start. I unlock a bunch of skills but am forced to use fewer than I could.
    Why? That's stupid.

Other than that: My body is ready. My wallet is ready. My vacation is set.