Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BattleTag tbone-1987

Re: Best Lite Sorc Shield

Quote Originally Posted by gakky View Post
    L and CL ? No mention of any breakpoint beyond 117 in any of the guides.
    The highest breakpoint for lightning and chain lightning is actually 194, thus the popularity of 200fcr.

http://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Breakp...ster_Cast_Rate

http://www.diablowiki.com/Breakpoint..._II)#Sorceress

The other spells get their highest breakpoint at 200.

IncGamers Member

OMG no mention of this 194 breakpoint in any of the light guides !
    What's the best gear for this ? I don't have a 20fcr amulet, so I would guess
    Eschuta(5/5facet) Viper(5/5facet) 2/10amu trangs/magefist arach 2FCRrings spiritMonarch Griff for 200FCR
    or for just the L CL breakpoint use 1 SOJ.
    Over CoH you lose 3 skill but gain 1 facet. Hmmmmmmm with the faster cast rate that's about the same damage! I'm going to try this! Darn I need an Eschuta, I'll have to use a hoto:(

IncGamers Member

The last breakpoint for L and CL is at 194.

Edit: ninjaed

Last edited by zaphodbrx; 24-04-2012 at 06:58.

IncGamers Member

OMG no mention of this 194 breakpoint in any of the light guides !
    What's the best gear for this ? I don't have a 20fcr amulet, so I would guess
    Eschuta(5/5facet) Viper(5/5facet) 2/10amu trangs/magefist arach 2FCRrings spiritMonarch Griff for 200FCR
    or for just the L CL breakpoint use 1 SOJ.
    Over CoH you lose 3 skill but gain 1 facet. Hmmmmmmm with the faster cast rate that's about the same damage! I'm going to try this! Darn I need an Eschuta, I'll have to use a hoto:(
    Hoto's better for 200 fcr anyway unless you want to load up on a bunch of res scs (or have other really good gear). If you're going to go that far for fcr I'd hit the 200 fcr breakpoint rather than just 194. Overall it speeds things up as much if not more than the 194 breakpoint does.

IncGamers Member

My gear is ok 20/11 torch, 10/16/9 anni, 2/10 amu with resists but I still max resists with no scs, and I am sure I could max resists with Eschuta and no resist scs.
    I have to wear 10FCR rings, and these often come with bonus resists. I am wearing Aldurs which is a perfect fit to the fire resist lacking Spirit shield, and I don't have a good war travs anyway, although I don't think much of travs anyway, a good rare will beat it overall. I have plenty of rare boots with resists and MF/GF, but none with fire resist ! A pity tbone's shop is closed. I need boots and mana FCR rings.
    My amu comes from tbone (thanks it's been very useful),
    Lvl Req 89, +2 Sorceress, +10% FCR, +12 Mana, Reg Mana 5%, CRes +14%, LRes +43%, FRes +14%, PRes +14%, DR 4

I am having mana problems. None of my FCR rings have mana. So I crafted about 50 rings, not one with FCR! although got a nice 15 leech ring.
    Using magefist over Trang for slightly higher mana regen, although it's not that useful as regen is already high I need bigger mana pool.

Now playing 200FCR is quite fun! It is more flexible because you are faster. It's easier to teleport to line up Lightning. I seem to be finding good stuff, like a 5os eth zerker. Why is it I always find good stuff after I switch gear ? Maybe Blizz's bot nerfing hehe.
    And CB is now good enough to be useable !! This makes it even more fun.

BattleTag tbone-1987

I am having mana problems. None of my FCR rings have mana.
    I've got plenty of 10fcr rings with high mana. I'll shoot you a PM.

IncGamers Member

Thanks for the ring trade tbone. Mana problems are solved. Should be getting Eschuta soon to try that out. I take off my hoto and resists are still all maxed with no resist charms, so the hoto is basically useless.
    Also finding kill speed a real problem with breakables and CL. I think the next/delay means CL gets almost no benefit from 11 frame cast. That combined with a lot less -ELR. After I try the Eschuta, I'll switch back to CM+2SOJ+chancies and see the difference, and then Eschuta+COH or Enigma(gogo MF! and zippy run speed).

IncGamers Member

Never really used CL much because of nextdelay. L all the way!

Ye you definitely don't want to just spam CL all the time. I usually do 1 CL for every 2 Lightning casts, though it also depends on how the mobs are spread out.