*Sigh* It's that time again—the time when the semi-hardcoreish girl gamer sans any Diablo III beta access asks what are usually straight forward questions, and all the very nice and patient people at Inc. Gamers provide her with thoughtful and thorough answers sans any judgementalness or superiority. With that out of the way, here's what I'd like to know:
1. Global play. Assuming I'm not too concerned about the potential language barriers I may face on certain servers, and am solely interested in reducing any potential lag, how should I choose which server to play on? I like in Sydney, Australia, so is it in my best interest to use Blizzard's Asian servers because they'd be closer geographically?
2. Can one change what server they're on, and retain all their achievements, characters, and so on?
3. Perhaps the silliest question: you can actually, you know, delete characters to free up character slots for yourself, right? I intend to create two variants of each character right off the bat, just so I can use them all to avoid the shared stash getting cluttered with miscellaneous class-specific gear.
4. I have no real intention of using the RMAH, as I find it more rewarding to play rather than pay. Do those in the beta, and more familiar with online games in general, suspect that the gold-based auction house will see as much trading action as they real-money one?
5. Is the gold-based auction house also subject to a posting fee when attempting to sell an item via it? You can't really find any information on the gold-based auction house specifically.
Thanks again nice and friendly people...