The Player versus Player thread
A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon. bloody ears!!! - Napoleon Bonaparte
With Diablo 3 around the corner - and without PvP in a foreseeable future - I think it’s
the right time and last chance to try bringing some more players to the SPF PvP Scene
and maybe even starting something more regular - and hoping that we can continue
to duel here and there for a long time.
It’s a LOT of fun, it pumps you full with adrenaline, it’s a great excuse to make some
awesome characters and one more cool thing you can do with Diablo 2!
Contents: 1. Rules 2. Item Restrictions 3. Dueler’s Registry 4. Links & History
It goes without saying that first you have to comply with the SPF rules with special
attention to those that can make you not eligible to MP/Trading.
Everyone can play with several sets of rules:
RS0 - No rules at all!!! If it’s legit you can use it!
Not usual but it can be great for some fun and trolling times!
RS1 - Standard Bad Mannered Rules
Taken from the PvP Guide and those we’ve been following the last years:
SpoilerThe rules most commonly used nowadays are intended to prevent inherent imbalances in classes becoming too dominant and leading to too many one sided matches. Obviously this doesn’t always occur, and it is still possible to completely negate attacks under these rules, but in general if it’s just a standard game don’t stack and absorb someone to the point that their damage becomes insignificant. Save that sort of thing for tournaments. They’re fairly comparable to what’s being regarded as GM in public games on Battle.net, with a couple of exceptions, the main ones being the bans on Decrepify, Bone Prison and recasting Cyclone and Bone Armour.
No potions (except mana potions), mercs, wells, or shrines.
No recasting Cyclone and Bone Armour.
No minions that cannot be summoned in town with the exception of Decoy.
No Holy Freeze, Decrepify, Slow Missiles, or Bone Prison.
No mass slow (>10%), no mass poison from items (>200), no mass replenish (>25).
No curse charges (this includes Slow Missiles). Chance to cast is acceptable.
No over absorb. Limit 2 items per element with the standard ban on Rising Sun and Black Oak.
Mana potions are allowed for all characters except ES based sorcs
RS2 - SPF ‘12 PvP Rules
I’d love to discuss some new rules and that we could all decide something that could be
used for every possible tournament that might (or not) happen.
A brief discussion happened here.
RS3 - Old GM Rules
Not used often, posted here for completeness:
* Bugged, hacked or duped items cannot be used – 1.07 crafted items are included in this category.
* All “1.07/1.08 vita” items like Arkaine’s Valor, Harlequin’s Crest, Baranar’s Star and Gerke’s Sanctuary are not allowed. The 1.09 or 1.10 versions of these items are acceptable, however.
* Items with the “Slows Target by X%” modifier are not allowed on physical-damage attackers (for example, Cleglaw’s Claw or Blackhorn’s Face). A caster character like a Necromancer or Sorceress, however, can use Blackhorn’s Face or other items with the “Slows Target by X%” modifier if they want.
* Items with the “Knockback” modifier are not allowed on any character class. Skills that provide a knockback effect (for example, Smite, Bash, Charge or Leap Attack) are still allowable.
* Total Life Replenish from items and skills combined is limited to 25.
* Poison damage is limited to 200 from items, per player. Poison damage from skills (for example, Venom or Poison Nova) is allowed in any amount.
* All duellers may use items that provide auras, with the exception of the “Doom” runeword as it provides the Holy Freeze aura.
* Each character is only allowed to wear two sources of +max resist/absorb per element. For poison, Poison Length Reduction gear will count as absorb. For example, you may wear 2 Ravenfrosts or 1 Ravenfrost and a Guardian Angel, but not 2 Ravenfrosts and a Guardian Angel. Items like Thundergod's Vigor with both +max resist and absorb will count as both of your two sources for that element, so you may not wear Thundergod's Vigor in conjunction with another item that provides +max resist lightning, +max resist all, or +lightning absorb. Finally, putting points into the paladin's passive resist skills will count as a source of +max resist.
* The Rising Sun amulet is not allowed on any character class.
* Blackoak Luna is not allowed on any character class.
Faster Run/Walk Restrictions
Maximum of 110% frw combined from skills, gear, and charms. For example, a Barbarian with 30% frw from Increased Speed can have no more than 80% frw from gear and charms. The skills that give frw are Frenzy, Feral Rage, Increased Speed, Vigor, and Burst of Speed. If you're going to be using any of these skills, plan your frw accordingly.
The following skills are not to be used at any stage of a duel. They may have points invested in them as a pre-requisite for higher-tier skills or for synergy benefits.
* Amplify Damage
* Iron Maiden
* Bone Prison (Necromancer)
* Decrepify (Necromancer)
* Blessed Hammer and Concentration at the same time (Paladin)
* Holy Bolt (Paladin)
* Holy Freeze (Paladin)
* Blaze (Sorceress)
* Teleport (Sorceress)
These items may not be used in the form of class skills, o-skills granted by items, charges, or chance to cast when striking.
The following skills are capped or have limitations regarding their use in duels.
* Bone Armour (Necromancer) - It cannot be cast more than once per duel.
* Cyclone Armour (Druid) - It cannot be cast more than once per duel.
Melee - A good brawl is great for the bones!
As proposed by maxicek here:
Soft rules are intended for friendly, open session melee PvP games. If using these rules for a tournament, only the Hard Rules apply.
The Soft Rules
- Play to the spirit of the rules, not the letter.
- WW Barbs and Smiters are banned by default, but if you want to join a game for some BvB duelling on The Cold Plains for example, you may. If you want to duel with other melee builds you may, if you ask first and get agreement from the other players in the game.
The Hard Rules
Both the Standard BM Rules and the Melee PvP Rules apply.
Standard BM Rules
The standard BM Rules all apply as usual:
- No potions (except mana potions), mercs, wells, or shrines.
- No recasting Cyclone and Bone Armour.
- No minions that cannot be summoned in town with the exception of Decoy.
- No Holy Freeze, Decrepify, Slow Missiles, or Bone Prison.
- No mass slow (>10%), no mass poison from items (>200), no mass replenish (>25).
- No curse charges (this includes Slow Missiles). Chance to cast (ctc) is acceptable.
- No over absorb. Limit 2 items per element with the standard ban on Rising Sun and Black Oak. Mana potions are allowed for all characters except ES based sorcs
Melee PvP Rules
- Duel take place in Nightmare.
- Faster Run/Walk (FRW) is capped at 110 total from skills and equipment.
- Teleport is banned for all classes.
- All ranged attacks are banned. This includes mind blast.
- Only a single elemental aura type may be active at one time. Conviction is allowed in combination with elemental auras, as long as there is only a single elemental aura active.
- Rabies, Smite and Whirlwind (Barbarian's) are banned by default, but see Soft Rules section above.
- Whirlwind is allowed for Assassins.
- Life Tap is banned, including from Chance to Cast.
LLD - Low Level Dueling
Quoting jdkerr here:
SpoilerWhat are the rules?
Well, characters obviously cannot be higher than lvl30. We also prohibit glitch-rushing your character through the game, so characters cannot have completed any quests past "Normal" difficulty. For practical purposes, there is no reason to complete any quests past the first one in Act 4 Normal.
Beyond that, I think we use the standard SPF PvP ruleset:
-- No potions (except mana potions), mercs, wells, or shrines.
-- No recasting Cyclone and Bone Armour.
-- No minions that cannot be summoned in town with the exception of Decoy.
-- No Holy Freeze, Decrepify, Slow Missiles, or Bone Prison.
-- No mass slow (>10%), no mass poison from items (>200), no mass replenish (>25).
-- No curse charges (this includes Slow Missiles). Chance to cast is acceptable.
-- No over absorb. Limit 2 items per element with the standard ban on Rising Sun and Black Oak.
-- Mana potions are allowed for all characters except ES based sorcs
(I am not sure if the absorb rules are relevant, actually, since most of the absorb gear cannot be equipped at lvl30. There is a problem with fire sorb, though. Do we just ban any resists over 75%? I did not find anything in the last thread. Any ideas?)
Apart from those in the rules there isn't usually any item restriction.
Since ATMA Bugged items still split SPF’s opinions and the same can be said, in a lower
degree, for bringing forward items from older versions or characters levelled in older
versions, if you'd prefer dueling without it feel free to let the other players know.
That way they can swap characters or some items.
If you have any doubt about these items:
1.07 crafts - 1.07 uniques - 1.09 uniques - 1.10s Runewords - ATMA Bug
Forums’ nick [with mandatory link to trade profile if you have one], Set of rules you prefer, Timezone
#1 Character’s name [with optional link to thread], character’s class, character’s version
#2 Character’s name [with optional link to thread], character’s class, character’s version
-Timezone- You can check your timezone here
bassano, RS1, UTC+1
- White_Shade - Necromancer - Bone - 1.13d
- Fluor - Necromancer - Poison - 1.13d
- Ambin - Paladin - Smite - 1.13d
- Wind_Spirit - Druid - Windy - 1.13d
- Celia - Assassin - Trap - 1.13d
- Shadow_Master - Assassin - Ghost - 1.13d
colony, RS0/1/2, UTC0
- Im_ABarb - Barbarian - BvC - 1.13d
- Priapism - Necromancer - Bone - 1.13d
- Frozen_BeefII - Sorceress - Blizzard/ES - 1.13d
- Wind_Druid - Druid - Wind Druid - 1.13d
- Poisonmancer - Necromancer - Poison - 1.13d
- Sorceress - Paladin - Hammerdin - 1.13d
- Tele_Zon - Amazon - Hybridzon - 1.13d
- Flame_Grilled - Sorceress - Fire/ES - 1.13d
- Fried_Beef - Sorceress - Orb/ES - 1.13d
- XxNuBSmItEoRxX - Paladin - Smiter - 1.13d
Face, RS1, UTC-4
- Serenity - Assassin - LS Trapper - 1.13d
- Vulcan - Druid - Fireclaws Werebear - 1.13d
- Zareta - Sorceress - FO/TS - 1.13d
- Ivy - Amazon - PJ/LF - 1.13d
- Vulcan - Druid - Fireclaws Werebear - 1.13d
frozzzen, RS1, UTC+1
- Acheron - Necromancer - Bone - 1.13d
- Blitzy - Sorceress - 200fcr Light/ES - 1.13d
- Faithless - Paladin - FoH/Hammer - 1.13d
- Inoe - Sorceress - FO/ES - 1.13d
- Joanna - Druid - Fury/Rabies - 1.13d
- Kyuubey - Barbarian - BvC - 1.13d
- Railgun - Amazon - Bow/Hybrid - 1.13d
- Rena - Assassin - 102 C/C Trapper - 1.13d
- Stratos - Druid - Windy - 1.13d
- Tifa - Assassin - WW/Trap - 1.13d
- Vivien - Sorceress - 200fcr Fire/ES - 1.13d
- Youmu - Assassin - Ghost - 1.13d
Gripphon, RS1, UTC+1
- Vegeta - Barbarian - BvC - 1.13d
- Grishknakh - Barbarian - Berserker - 1.13d
- Shaella - Sorceress - Blizzard - 1.13d
- Xylene - Sorceress - Fireball - 1.13d
- Alnilam - Necromancer - Poisonmancer - 1.13d
- Odiseuss - Druid - Windy - 1.13d
- Sinn - Assassin - Ghost - 1.13d
- Thaisa - Amazon - Bowazon - 1.13d
- Hercules - Barbarian - WW - 1.13d
- Azura - Assassin - Kicker - 1.13d
- Seth - Druid - Fury - 1.13d
- Celeste - Sorceress - Blizzard - 1.13d
- Agrona - Amazon - Bowazon - 1.13d
- Shamash - Druid - Windy - 1.13d
horseheadnebula, RS1/2, UTC+2
- Sirius - Sorceress - Blizzard - 1.13d
- Myrkky - Necromancer - Poison - 1.13d
- Solarwind - Druid - Wind - 1.13d
- Nastja - Assasin - Lightning Sentry - 1.13d
janooo, RS2, UTC+1
- Insane - Barbarian - 1.13d
- Decay - Necromancer - 1.13d
- Reni - Assassin - 1.13d
Kimppi, RS1/2, UTC+2
- BillyBlaze - Druid - Fire - 1.13d
- FortySeven - Assassin - WW/Trapper - 1.13d
- HolierThanThou - Paladin - FoH/Smite - 1.13d
maxicek, RS1, UTC0
- Atalanta - Amazon - Bowazon - 1.13d
- Trinity - Assassin - Speederlander - 1.13d
- Pris - Assassin - WW Trap - 1.13d
- Zhora - Assassin - C/C Trapper - 1.13d
- Ultraviolet - Assassin - W/S Trapper - 1.13d
- Karina - Assassin - Kicker - 1.13d
- Aeon_Flux - Assassin - Ghost - 1.13d
- Blaze - Assassin - Firedancer - 1.13d
- Ultima_II - Assassin - Tiger Strike - 1.13d
- The_Kurgan - Barbarian - BvA - 1.13d
- Kastagir - Barbarian - BvB - 1.13d
- Bane - Barbarian - BvC - 1.13d
- Maugrim - Wolfbarb - 1.13d
- Meliadus - Druid - Wolf - 1.13d
- Boreas - Druid - Wind - 1.13d
- Yyrkoon - Necromancer - Bonemancer - 1.13d
- de_Carabas - Paladin - Liberator - 1.13d
- Inigo_Montoya - Paladin - Smiter - 1.13d
- Morpheus - Paladin - T/V - 1.13d
- Ramirez - Paladin - Charger - 1.13d
- Aurora - Sorceress - Fire - 1.13d
- Serenity - Sorceress - Blizzard - 1.13d
- Obsidian - Assassin - Whirlwind - 1.13d
- Kobaine - Paladin - Zealot - 1.13d
NagisaFurukawa, RS1, UTC-8
- Ai - Amazon - Bowazon (Walking) - 1.13d
- Akari - Amazon - LF/Bow (Teleport) - 1.13d
- Olivie - Amazon - PJ/Bow (Teleport) - 1.13d
- Lucia - Assassin - Kick/Trap/Bow - 1.13d
nulio, RS2, UTC0
- Geada - Sorceress - 1.13d
- Ember - Sorceress - 1.13d
- Penthesilea - Amazon - Bowazon - 1.13d
- Nanban - Barbarian - Wolf - 1.13d
- Aetherius - Paladin - Mage - 1.13d
omgwtfbbqpwned, RS1/2, UTC-6
- AyaBrea - Amazon - Bowazon - 1.13d
- SexyHentaiTime - Amazon - Sidewinder - 1.13d
- Soft-Pillows - Amazon - PJ/GA Telezon - 1.13d
- AikaSumeragi - Assassin - Bowsin - 1.13d
- Kika - Assassin - Ghost - 1.13d
- LinaInverse - Assassin - Bombardier - 1.13d
- DoraTheExplorer - Barbarian - Telezerker - 1.13d
- Eikichi_Onizuka - Barbarian - Wolfbarb - 1.13d
- No-ExQQuses - Barbarian - BvA - 1.13d
- Pedobear - Druid - HLD Melee Mauler - 1.13d
- StickySplooge - Druid - Fury/Rabies - 1.13d
- YourMom - Druid - Shaman - 1.13d
- Boner_Boobies - Necromancer - Bonemancer - 1.13d
- HerpDerp_Herman - Necromancer - Lindwurm - 1.13d
- Rectal_Redeemer - Necromancer - Novamancer - 1.13d
- AnusOfJustice - Paladin - Telesmiter - 1.13d
- CAPTAINCAPLOCKS - Paladin - Charger - 1.13d
- WutWutInTheButt - Paladin - Templar/Mage - 1.13d
- Firecracker - Sorceress - Dual Dream Bearsorc - 1.13d
- Pwncone - Sorceress - FO/ES - 1.13d
- Pwnyta - Sorceress - Hydra/ES - 1.13d
Pyrohemia RS1 or RS3, UTC-5
- Assassin - Paladin - 1.13d
- BearChest - Amazon - 1.13d
- BeefEater - Barbarian - 1.13d
- Electra - Sorceress - 1.13d
- FluffyKitten - Barbarian - 1.13d
- Kricket - Paladin - 1.13d
- Loopy - Sorceress - 1.13d
- Sapphire - Sorceress - 1.13d
- Seigyoku - Amazon - 1.13d
- Invader - Barbarian - 1.13d
- Cuppycake - Amazon - 1.13d
- Dreadnought - Paladin - 1.13d
- FozzieBear - Druid - 1.13d
- Moonshine - Sorceress - 1.13d
- Nightstalker - Assassin - 1.13d
- Splatter - Barbarian - 1.13d
treno RS1, UTC+2
- dindin - Paladin - V/T - 1.13d
- smiter - Paladin - Zealot - 1.13d
zemaj RS0/1/2?, UTC-6
- zero_one - Paladin - Hammerdin - 1.13d
- Astra - Sorceress - Fireball - 1.13d
- Mort - Necromancer - Poison - 1.13d
- Osse - Druid - Windy - 1.13d
- Quioxte - Barbarian - Whirly - 1.13d
- Briareos - Paladin - Hammer/Charge - 1.13d
For any update feel free to post, PM or VM me.
Links & History
#1 Official Thread #2 Official Thread #3 Official Thread - Match Reports #4 Official Thread #5 Official Thread - Match Reports #6 Official Thread - Match Reports #7 Official Thread - Match Reports #8 Official Thread - Match Reports
colony’s PvP Guide - Previous PvP thread - PvP Week - The questions thread - LLD Item Guide version 1.0 - The ultimate PvP Guide. From Beginner to Ear Cutter.
Let's all gather posts with those awesome videos of SP PvPers
Shaella's double kill - by frozzzen
Let's all gather posts with those awesome screenshots of SP PvPers
Welcome - by Pyrohemia
Ears - by Gripphon
NulioRocks - by Gripphon