Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Planning to play diablo 3 single player ? Think again...

I know diablo 3 is all about multiplayer and coop, but answer me this: Why should single player should suffer so greatly over multiplayer. Here are the facts that i know of so far...

If a player joins your party the mobs get 75% increase in hp, and that's all. So a party of 4 players can cut through mobs as much as 1/4th faster of the time it will take a guy playing in single player. Yes, mobs will only have 325% hp, when in fact they should have 400% hp. So roughly, monsters will have around 78% hp of what they should have. As if that is not enough, players in a party of 4 will benefit from numerous buffs as well. Monk's mantras, barbarians shouts and aoe stuns, and that is not all. If i plan to play wizard in single player, i need to think about my offensive as well as defensive abilities.
    In a party of 4 a demon hunter and wizard will always focus on offensive and little to none defensive skills.

Seriously, instead of making mobs even harder to kill in multiplayer (due to the various buffs/auras that will be displayed on each aprty member) they make it even easier...

Yes i like to play single player, i know some of you will not agree and will prefer multi over single, but you will have to agree on the above.

IncGamers Member

Re: Planning to play diablo 3 single player ? Think again...

1) Single players get mercenaries
    2) The increased speed is ONLY if all 4 players are together. Any time one of them takes time out to go to town, bio break, run off to do a seperate quest etc. The killing speed of everyone drops well below that of an equivalent single player game.

Knowing this I think public multiplayer games are actually at a disadvantage to solo play and unless I can play with people I know who will contribute and actually play with me, I'm inclined to stick to single player.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhenomenon View Post
    1) Single players get mercenaries
    2) The increased speed is ONLY if all 4 players are together. Any time one of them takes time out to go to town, bio break, run off to do a seperate quest etc. The killing speed of everyone drops well below that of an equivalent single player game.

Knowing this I think public multiplayer games are actually at a disadvantage to solo play and unless I can play with people I know who will contribute and actually play with me, I'm inclined to stick to single player.
    Haha, come on dude, people aren't total idiots. I don't think anyone is dumb enough to venture alone in multiplayer... And the companion bonuses are nothing compared to the 1/4th cut in monsters hp when playing in 4 players multiplayer...

IncGamers Member

managing group of players is always more difficult than playing alone. You can't really affect other players in some way.. they can be slow, they may have horrible builds...or just be..newbies/noobs ..and in this case..you are in disadvantage compared to solo players.

Of course..group of organized friends with balanced build and great teamplay will progress faster, will earn more gold and have more drops to choose from. But that's their reward for good teamwork..beacause again.. it's easier to be really great in solo play than have all 4 players really good in teamwork

Yeah, killing stuff in co-op was always intended to be a bit more efficient than solo-ing.

Co-op is, as Blizzard said, just a 'bonus' (everything is solo-able), but it's a bonus that they want to encourage you to do because they feel that fighting with friends is the heart of what made the Diablo franchise so popular.

It's still going to be hard, even with friends, though. Singleplayer isn't going to be so much harder that you're going to be completely turned off from playing it :P. And as DarkPhenomenon mentioned, you get a follower! So while things are a bit tougher, you also have a little extra power on your side .

Banned

z00t i sure hope those followers have some really good gear providing + points to their skills. I mean come onnn... scoundrel's 3% increased chance of critical hit, and enchantress's 3% increased attack speed aura... What is 3 ? Anyone... what is 3 ????

Seriously, the only viable follower i see for end game is the templar (12% and 8% resource regen for monk and barb respectively, and the healing/dmg absorb he might provide ). I might take scoundrel or enchantress only if their gear increase the 3% (aka no) bonuses they provide...

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by snowcatcher View Post
    If a player joins your party the mobs get 75% increase in hp, and that's all
    They also do more dmg now.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by yovargas View Post
    They also do more dmg now.

Source, or it didn't happen. I clearly remember reading a blue stating the 325% hp increase on mobs. There was nothing about dmg increase.

Quote Originally Posted by snowcatcher View Post
    z00t i sure hope those followers have some really good gear providing + points to their skills. I mean come onnn... scoundrel's 3% increased chance of critical hit, and enchantress's 3% increased attack speed aura... What is 3 ? Anyone... what is 3 ????

Seriously, the only viable follower i see for end game is the templar (12% and 8% resource regen for monk and barb respectively, and the healing/dmg absorb he might provide ). I might take scoundrel or enchantress only if their gear increase the 3% (aka no) bonuses they provide...
    You know that they have multiple skills they can use right? :P They don't only use one skill. Each one has up to 4 skills they can use. Sure they're on longer-than-normal cooldowns, but they're still going to be really useful :P.

I really hope that crowd control effects will scale weaker when there are more players in the game. If it's only going down with increasing difficulty, Blizzard is needlessly punishing solo players.