Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Awaiting user confirming email address

Having Two or More Accounts To Double/Triple Your Sales

Hey People

Here is something I've been thinking about.
    I wounder what blizzards stance will be in regard to having 2/3/4 or even more bnet accounts linked to one paypal account.

For example, 3 kids all playing with there accounts linked to dads paypal account will be normal.
    I should not think blizz would have a problem with it as the "user" has purchased multiple copies of the game.

Having multiple accounts will be essential for players who invest a lot of time "12+ hr farming sessions" into the game, and for those players 10 listings on the RMAH will just not be enough to sell all the gear they have found during those long farming sessions.

I plan to have two accounts to start, with just one being my "main" account and the other to act as mules and for the 10 RMAH slots on that account.

But you know what Blizzard is like, they ban people for all sorts of strange reasons.

Thoughts ??

Re: Having Two or More Accounts To Double/Triple Your Sales

I can't see why Blizzard will have any issue with this at all. If you bought multiple copies of the game you are entitled to attatch them to whatever paypal account you wish. It would be ludicrous for them to force you to create one paypal account per copy.

So in my eyes it's a non-issue. What is an issue is only being able to launch one instance of Diablo 3 at a time which makes muling more difficult than it needs to be (either have a 2nd computer nearby, windows account switching or solutions using 3rd party software).

Quote Originally Posted by Amarules View Post
    I can't see why Blizzard will have any issue with this at all. If you bought multiple copies of the game you are entitled to attatch them to whatever paypal account you wish. It would be ludicrous for them to force you to create one paypal account per copy.

So in my eyes it's a non-issue. What is an issue is only being able to launch one instance of Diablo 3 at a time which makes muling more difficult than it needs to be (either have a 2nd computer nearby, windows account switching or solutions using 3rd party software).
    Yeah, just use 2 or more PC's, add the other accounts as "friends" invite them to join the game and transfer the items to those accounts.

I wouldnt be surprised if they only allowed 1 unique paypal per account. They won't care if you have more than 1 account more revenue for.them. As long as you stay between thr tos/eula it should be fine.

IncGamers Member

i am anticipating one paypal account per bnet account but would love to be wrong. that said should something go awry its good to be diversified...

Quote Originally Posted by viledevil View Post
    i am anticipating one paypal account per bnet account but would love to be wrong. that said should something go awry its good to be diversified...
    You would need two bnets accounts anyway "can't have two of the same game on one bet accouts"
    So just link each bnet account to the same paypal account.

Loads of kid wow players must have this set already on there parents paypal account for paying subs, so there should not be a problem with it.

IncGamers Member

this aint wow, we'll see.

and obviously many will have multiple bnet accounts, the question is whether or not one paypal account can be used for multiple bnet accounts and in another sense the damage that can be done to your business should that paypal account get shut down by bliz for something.

Quote Originally Posted by viledevil View Post
    this aint wow, we'll see.

and obviously many will have multiple bnet accounts, the question is whether or not one paypal account can be used for multiple bnet accounts and in another sense the damage that can be done to your business should that paypal account get shut down by bliz for something.
    Blizzard has no power over your paypal account, the only thing they could do in regrard to your paypal account is cancel the link between your paypal account and bnet account.

IncGamers Member

how do you define power?

losing access to d3 for my paypal account would be awful - its not like you can just keep opening up verified business accounts there. perhaps they've eased their rules but back in the day there were limits on what you until you were a verified account. i used to use a paypal 'mastercard' to withdraw my cash, i doubt you can get that on a new paypal account. i believe you can only withdraw like 500$ a month without upgrading your account. i think there are limits as to what you can receive also.

Power as in, they can't touch your paypal account, its just linked to your bnet account for authorized payments "wow subs" for them to take as you gave them permission, or to pay RMAH cash into.

If blizzard contacted paypal and wanted access to your account to take money or something that would be so illegal if paypal gave them access. Only the police or legal system have powers like that.

You can open up as many personal paypal accounts as you want, I have two.
    I think they changed it, I have a personal accounts you can lift the limits as soon as you've verified a bank account.
    I don't have a mastercard for my accounts, I just click withdraw to bank account and it does it.