Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member
    BattleTag jfreezy-1469

Does "Pound of Flesh" stack with rune effects?

While tinkering with the barbarian skill calculator I've found that the rune effects Birth Right (Hammer of the Ancients) and Sword to the Ploughshares (Battle Rage) have a chance to spawn a health globe on crit. So I was wondering the the +25% chance to find a health globe effect from Pound of Flesh stack with these effects, or does it only work on globes dropped from monsters?

IncGamers Member

Re: Does "Pound of Flesh" stack with rune effects?

I hope, because it's core to the build I've had planned for months already: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...Qgi!aZY!YcZZbb

What I'd like to know is your BASE chance of finding an actual globe, as to see if increasing that by 25% is actually worthwhile, though the 100% extra health seems very nice as well. Hint hint hardrock, you have some work to do.

IncGamers Member

Btw are health globes group wide? Do every player in the group get the effect or at least get their own globes?

Or just the one who picks the globe up?

Quote Originally Posted by jfreezy View Post
    So I was wondering if the +25% chance to find a health globe effect from Pound of Flesh stack with these effects, or does it only work on globes dropped from monsters?
    I would think it doesn't. The 2 abilities that spawn health globes are reliant on a critical strike. Nothing can affect their spawn rate besides more crit. It wouldn't make sense for Pound of Flesh to affect those 2 skills.

It still has great synergy with them though.

Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo View Post
    Btw are health globes group wide? Do every player in the group get the effect or at least get their own globes?

Or just the one who picks the globe up?
    It's group wide and it has a decent range.

Going off topic for a sec here -- in higher difficulties, if you're a Wizard or a Witch Doctor and you see your melee friends getting low, it would be good strategy to run to a health globe near you to heal them especially since ranged can keep doing damage in the mean time (compared to the Barb or Monk having to run away from monsters).

Overall, it will be pertinent to watch your groups health as well as yours to maximize health globe healing (and to save lives). Looking forward to the more tactical gameplay like this that D3 seems to be offering a lot of.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glowyrm View Post
    I would think it doesn't. The 2 abilities that spawn health globes are reliant on a critical strike. Nothing can affect their spawn rate besides more crit. It wouldn't make sense for Pound of Flesh to affect those 2 skills.
    Who knows! Keeping hopes high. Say, 25% of 10% could make it into 12.5% for birthright, or 18.75% (15%) for both birthright and plough', instead of 15%. Nothing too major, but if you're hitting a big pack of monster, pretty significant. We're talking one in 6 instead of one in seven.

IncGamers Member

Seems like an interesting concept. Whenever it's good idea to try to max crit or fury generation is a good question. If you would DW mighty weapons and use cleave instead of bash it would cost you some crit, but in return you would get to spam HotA way more often.

IncGamers Member

This build also has pretty good team utility since health orbs have team wide effect. Big heals.

This build would be very liked among WD's and DH's who are using gruesome feast or vengeance.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo View Post
    This build also has pretty good team utility since health orbs have team wide effect. Big heals.

This build would be very liked among WD's and DH's who are using gruesome feast or vengeance.
    That's actually a really good idea. It can also feed Arcane Power to a Wizard, and while that's not really a bonus, AP directly translates into damage.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by ElementEight View Post
    I hope, because it's core to the build I've had planned for months already: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#aZVQgi!aZY!YcZZbb

What I'd like to know is your BASE chance of finding an actual globe, as to see if increasing that by 25% is actually worthwhile, though the 100% extra health seems very nice as well. Hint hint hardrock, you have some work to do.
    I had just made a similar build until i stumbled onto yours.Really good utility build for the barb.

Last edited by meangreen; 27-04-2012 at 03:04.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by meangreen View Post
    I had just made a similar build until i stumbled onto yours.Really good utility build for the barb.
    Yeah, I'll be trying that out. I updated it, with one minor skill change. The old link was outdated. Enjoy winning the game: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...Qgi!aZY!ZcZZbb