Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

45 all resist etherial Sacred Targe

Hey all. I just came across a 0os 225 def 45 all resist etherial Sacred Targe and am at a impasse.

I want to cube it to ebug the shield to 338 def 4 socket but not sure if it's worth it rather than Larzuke socketing.

Sitting on perfect all resist elite shield with ebugged status and a pretty good exile roll I'm imagining in the realm of 12-15 hr (what I've seen on several bnet trade games). Using laws of probability 75% of the time it will cube to 1-3 sockets making it vendor trash. My question is would it be worth 3-4 hr going with the safe non ebugging method?

I'm probably going to have to man up and cube this thing but want to find out what you guys think and if anyone would pay the hrs for the non cubed version?

LMK what you guys think. I'll probably get my friend to cube it later tonight since he has an uncanny ability to roll 4 socks on monarchs (he's like 6 for 8)

PS. I know one individual cant be luckier than another in a pure chance game it's just that pretending he has the magic touch makes the decision that much easier.

IncGamers Member

Re: 45 all resist etherial Sacred Targe

nevermind.

Last edited by edistotiger; 16-04-2012 at 17:45.

From Arreat Summit http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/cube.shtml

1 Tal Rune + 1 Amn Rune + 1 Perfect Ruby + Normal Shield = Socketed Shield of same type
    The number of sockets created will vary. The item must be normal and unsocketed. Low-quality items and superior items do not work. The item gets 1-4 sockets, randomly. However, the number of sockets is then restricted by the maximum number of sockets that base item with that ilvl can have. For example, if you have an item that can only have 2 sockets, there's a 3/4 chance of getting 2 sockets and a 1/4 chance of getting 1 socket.
    That's the info I've been basing everything off of. If it's incorrect that would be really good news. Can anyone else confirm the roll is out of 6 rather than out of 4?

The information you are using is correct. Since the maximum number of sockets any shield can have is 4, there will be a 1 in 4 chance for each number of sockets. edistotiger may have been getting it confused with the socket recipe for weapons since they are the only type of item that can receive 6 sockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

IncGamers Member

Yeah, you're right... i was having a dumb moment. I just got back from vacation and i think my brain wanted to stay in the Caribbean.

IncGamers Member

Roll it or Larzuk it, that is the question... I would roll it myself, and hope for the best.

IncGamers Member

i rolled my eth 31% resist all vortex shield into a 4 socket one. Was pretty happy about that. Now it's a 1471 def exile. Hopefully yours will turn out well too.

Fail Shield.jpg

Bah FAIL SOCKET

Oh well live bold die broke right.

Further update: cubed 2x monarch (1 socket, 3 sockets) Zerker axe (3 socket) and eth Colosus Sword (1 socket)

Terrible day for cubing :'-(