Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    IncGamers Member

Re: So do you think the monk is a fun class?

I'm surprised so many people enjoy the monk in the beta since for me he is by far the least interesting. The only cool spell he has is dashing strike and maybe that cyclone thing that sucked in enemies but they took that out a long time ago. He has the least skills of all classes and most of them are already very similar to each other.

Monk used to be my least favorite class besides the DH. But after spending a few hours in the beta I have to admit I had more fun with these 2 classes than with my 2 top classes (barb and WD). Atleast for the skills you get in the beta I think the monk and DH get a much better starting/powerful/fun skills than the barb and WD. I even considered switching my starting class to the monk. That being said after having a go at the monk's skills calculator I think this class would be less fun in later stages of the game, for me. Too much of the same, costly spirit spenders and so on.

IncGamers Member

I really wish they had left the combos the way they'd been introduced. That was the thing that most attracted me to the Monk initially - The concept of cycling between combos for specific effects at specific times.

BattleTag wolfpaq777-1423

Monk is my favorite class in beta by far. 3 attacks per second is freakin yummy, and 2 teleports is amazing.

The spotlight did NOT do him justice, he is incredible.

IncGamers Member

After playing with all the classes, Monk is my 2nd favorite in the beta. However, I'm still worried about the lack of valuable spenders. Pretty much the only thing I find myself using in the so far in the beta is Kick.