Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Diablo III: Collector's Edition

Well ive been very busy this last year and just got a new PC and read the CE dye dont have a faint glow as I heard they would from interviews from the con last year, since I really only though that would be cool and dont care about the other items in the CE. Is their ever a reason to pay to get the CE?

BattleTag Aurea-2345
    If you are interested in the rest of the items, like I am, yes there are plenty of reasons!

Why did you create this thread, though? Are you looking for someone trying to convince you?

If you are not into the additional items than you are not interested. Simply as that.

For me it is a no-brainer to get the CE. If you think it's not worth it, that is perfectly fine!

Re: Diablo III: Collector's Edition

Yea the dye was really all I cared for and I made the post to see if maybe I was missing something a blue post said since the last con were the items where shown (meaning if anything really changed).

I don't think they would ever have said that the CE dyes had a faint glow - maybe you're just thinking of the flavour text.

Or perhaps you're confusing it with the glowing angel wings?

BattleTag Mick-1457

Quote Originally Posted by blackbisket View Post
    since I really only though that would be cool and dont care about the other items in the CE. Is their ever a reason to pay to get the CE?
    If you don't care about any of the items in the CE, then there is no reason to pay to get the CE. Unless you hate money. But even in that case, you can make better use of it, such as donating to help blind, orphaned puppies or something.

No a saw an interview from last year saying the cloud one put a faint light on the ground the the smoke had a dark smoldering effect. Maybe it was planned at the time and is didnt work out or something. Iy was a diablofans interview with one of the art guyx I think.

kinda shocked the only reason you got ce was for extra dye, seems like paying 40 bucks just to be colored different is a lot but to each their own. being said i would suggest going with the regular version of the game as you have no use for the CE. i would also suggest buying both the ce and regular versions at this point since you already have the CE on pre-order. selling it will cover the cost of your copy

Quote Originally Posted by blackbisket View Post
    No a saw an interview from last year saying the cloud one put a faint light on the ground the the smoke had a dark smoldering effect. Maybe it was planned at the time and is didnt work out or something. Iy was a diablofans interview with one of the art guyx I think.
    Maybe it was just some guys speculating or something....I'm pretty sure more people would have heard if the dyes actually WERE originally intended to add a glow effect.

BattleTag Flexy-2748

Obviously Blizzard had some misleading bull**** marketing when it comes to the CE dyes.
    The majority of people who even gave a **** about the dyes, thought they were indeed glowing or had some sort of particle effect.

Personally, I think the dyes are just a bit less worthless than the SC2 avatars and the WoW pet.
    I'm in it for the skull. That alone is worth 40$ for me.

I'm a little funny in the sense that I don't think I'll really be using the dyes or the angel wings....but I'd like to know that I *could* :P.

I want to know that I have ALL the in-game options open to me, even if I don't actually use all of them. >_>

And who knows - although I won't be using my angel wings on my first playthrough, I may pop them on now and again at a later date .