Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Boss pack crowding entrance

Quote Originally Posted by KiraZ View Post
    Lol, glad to be nice reading.

Just a question tho. I've decided to abort that level and restart, but I'm still curious on my chances. Morally, do you SPFers feel that it is wrong if I copy the save file, then try to beat those mobs? It's not that I'll continue even if I somehow win that encounter (I'll just delete and replace with the saved file even if they dropped 100 HRs each, so technically I *am* aborting the run), but I want to give it a whirl once without costing my char. Thoughts?
    That is a grey zone to put it mild, I think. That's probably a better-PM-Thy-or-not-do-it kinda question

Well in that case, I prefer my HC journey to be pure.

Keep having the nagging feeling that I misread the mod wrongly. Just restart and the Bone Warriors inside is innately CI, which makes them impossible to be FI LI. Must be reading fails or there are 3 boss packs or whatever. Spoilt milk is spoilt.

Quote Originally Posted by FredOfErik View Post
    That is a grey zone to put it mild, I think. That's probably a better-PM-Thy-or-not-do-it kinda question
    Thanks for the advice. I'll send a PM since I need to know more about HC ethics, it seems

Wuss...

Nice description, and I do not want to make you angry, but from what I can put together from your description and screenies, this situation does not sound like it reaches even 5 (of 10) on the danger meter. Not for an Assassin and her crowd control.
    (Although it will get a lot worse worse if that Fanaticism skelly and his buddies were to reach the starting room, providing Fana for all the archers and clog up the entrance for you to reached further into the place!)

Whenever you establish a good foothold early on in this area, it's a good idea to set up an escape TP in the far right of the upper part of this area (in the corner a bit up and right of the the (upper right) Devilkin Shaman home, and then always make sure to have two different exits to the place.

Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz View Post
    Wuss...

Nice description, and I do not want to make you angry, but from what I can put together from your description and screenies, this situation does not sound like it reaches even 5 (of 10) on the danger meter. Not for an Assassin and her crowd control.
    (Although it will get a lot worse worse if that Fanaticism skelly and his buddies were to reach the starting room, providing Fana for all the archers and clog up the entrance for you to reached further into the place!)

Whenever you establish a good foothold early on in this area, it's a good idea to set up an escape TP in the far right of the upper part of this area (in the corner a bit up and right of the the (upper right) Devilkin Shaman home, and then always make sure to have two different exits to the place.
    Lol why would I be angry? I actually agree that this could be far worse (the archer boss mods were rather harmless, if she switched mods with that skelly then it's more scary), and is why I previously insisted on killing them. I just know that the game will throw something far, far worse later on and I want to prepare for this with advice from the veterans here.
    For now, I always go to pit 2 while MF-ing and try different approaches. I'd made the mistake of luring them to the starting room, but I managed to rush straight after they were converted, which is why I can peek at the rest of the room. However, the dual immune unique has the lynchpin (Fanat), which makes it hard to prioritize safely, and thus I aborted them altogether.

I'll keep your TP tactics in mind. God knows I'll need them on A3 ruined temples and such.

Because I called you a wuss.

There are situations where it actually does work to lure enemies back towards the starting room - strong packs of skeletons and melee rogues (without archers nearby) can usually be succesfully fought in that very narrow bottleneck by the starting room.

The way to win the fight you described is to fight anywhere the Fanaticism boss is not. If needed, he must be lured somewhere and get portal parked (temporarily). As you progress, you may have to park him more times. Give priority to take down the HF boss. Did you have Dragon Flight available? That's a great skill to get your merc to tank a particular boss when you want him to. When everything else is dead, you spam MB so the boss gets pushed into a wall while your merc kills him. This boss has no big physical resistance, so it should go down reasonably quickly when it can't fight back.

IncGamers Member

To avoid Fanaticism being a complication, you can also TP back to town and hope for a better aura when you return.