Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BattleTag Flexy-2748

Re: Zoom Combat - a new way to play, and advantage vs. ranged monsters?

I hope that's one of the things already fixed in the day 0 patch.

IncGamers Member

I'm at a loss why people would think this is intentional ,don't you question why it would be working that way?

IncGamers Member

Wow, major super-obvious exploit. I'll wait for Bash to tell us "as designed!" :P

IncGamers Member

what happens when 2 ppl play together, one in zoom, other not

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mn_Swe2 View Post
    It is not that simple.

If you play Melee character in an area where you know the majority of the monsters are ranged, you will clearly benefit from playing Zoom Combat style. You will be almost on top of the monsters before they can start to shoot at you.

If you play ranged Zoom Combat is never good for fighting.

The other main use will be to sneak by monsters to avoid getting stuck in a fight in an area badly suited for it.

I think Zoom Combat, if it works like we think now, has major potential to effect standard game play.
    I think it would be quite useful for ranged attacks, assuming your attacks can hit targets off screen. You could kill off an archer pack without them having a chance to shoot at you. It could be viable as an overly-cautious hardcore style.

Anyways, I wouldn't be surprised if they tied mob AI to the camera intentionally. Getting attacked by things off your screen can be frustrating...but it can offer a significant challenge too (i.e. D1 Leoric).

IncGamers Member

I echo the claims of "exploitable" if it's true. Particularly by third parties who could probably just make it so that monsters never attack while not impacting your FOV at all.

BattleTag Mick-1457

Has anyone else confirmed this exploit is actually true? I'd be surprised if zooming the camera had any effect on the aggro radius of monsters. For instance, can you stand still safely for a long while right outside the range, press the zoom out button, and then suddenly get attacked?

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raesene View Post
    Has anyone else confirmed this exploit is actually true? I'd be surprised if zooming the camera had any effect on the aggro radius of monsters. For instance, can you stand still safely for a long while right outside the range, press the zoom out button, and then suddenly get attacked?
    Checkout ~15:00 of the video, I'm pretty sure I'm seeing arrows come in from offscreen.

I have not had any chance to test or verify this yet. Would be great if someone could test/verify it, so we know if we can discard this theory and just treat it like a "fun mode" and nothing else.

I agree that around 15 min looks suspicious in one spot but it could be right on the edge, but I also think he should have been hit by alot more arrows from distance if the zoom did not matter.

I tried it, and ranged enemies keep attacking me before I can see them on zoomed screen, it is very easy to test.