Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Videos: Champion and Elite Waller differences

After many 'runs' into the Den of the Fallen, I've finally come across a pack of Plague Bat Wallers in Patch 16!

It was always my intention to capture footage of these fascinating creatures at length in order to better understand how the affix works (other videos online have been disappointingly short :P).

Below are two videos - one demonstrating how a Champion Waller pack works and the other shows how Elite Wallers are different.

Champion Waller Behaviour: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-59Qczm1hQ

Elite Wallers Behaviour: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6yLHU7LirE

The screenshot below shows how it looks with a greater number of Elite Wallers.

EDIT: Would appreciate a mod rename the thread to: "Videos: Champion and Elite Waller differences" ^^

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by z00t; 15-04-2012 at 12:17.

Re: Video: New Waller behaviour in Patch 16

I didn't even know this affix existed.

Really could get yourself in a nasty situation there, like the wall could close off a path which you need to escape from a horde of monsters, and when combined with other affixes like nightmarish and molten will be a disaster.

Definitely not playing this game in hardcore, I think one would need plenty of strategy and experience to breeze through the later difficulties.

This game is totally in a different league from D2, and people are still constantly whining about how "easy" the game will be.

IncGamers Member

Oh man! Imagine if there was a Necromancer in this game and you could bone wall...!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by superhuman View Post
    Oh man! Imagine if there was a Necromancer in this game and you could bone wall...!!!!
    Eww.

We have something better, it's called wall of zombies.

Whoops, I just noticed that this was a pack with a Champion monster and minions, instead of an Elite pack, so it's very possible that the Elites still behave the way they did before.

In that case, just take this as a video which showcases the affix in action .

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by raveharu View Post
    I didn't even know this affix existed.

Really could get yourself in a nasty situation there, like the wall could close off a path which you need to escape from a horde of monsters, and when combined with other affixes like nightmarish and molten will be a disaster.

Definitely not playing this game in hardcore, I think one would need plenty of strategy and experience to breeze through the later difficulties.

This game is totally in a different league from D2, and people are still constantly whining about how "easy" the game will be.
    That is why each of the 5 classes got some sort of escape mechanism. babr's leap, demon hunter's invisibility, monk's serenity, witch doctor's invisibility, and sorc's teleport.

Damn, just when i thought i cannot possibly love this game more, bang! You cannot simply build a 6 highest nuke character anymore. You will need defensive/escape mechanism as well

Quote Originally Posted by snowcatcher View Post
    You cannot simply build a 6 highest nuke character anymore. You will need defensive/escape mechanism as well

Or you could say: "You monsters don't get it - I'm not trapped in here with you....you're trapped in here with ME!" and then blow them all up :P.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by z00t View Post
    Or you could say: "You monsters don't get it - I'm not trapped in here with you....you're trapped in here with ME!" and then blow them all up :P.
    Haha... that might happen, only with godly gear, after... 3-4 months of inferno grind... actually I think blizzard will make inferno so hard that even with godly end game gear you wont be able to simply right click monsters like you could in d2 with windforce. I think even with end game gear, we will still have to rely on our defensive skills. Seriously, i cannot imagine any skill replacing monk's serenity, or demon hunter's invisibilty skill.
    Srsly, how do you plan to survive wallers on inferno, the whole point of it will be to force us into using escape tactics at the proper time, as well as offensive ones when we get the chance.

Haha... that might happen, only with godly gear, after... 3-4 months of inferno grind... actually I think blizzard will make inferno so hard that even with godly end game gear you wont be able to simply right click monsters like you could in d2 with windforce. I think even with end game gear, we will still have to rely on our defensive skills. Seriously, i cannot imagine any skill replacing monk's serenity, or demon hunter's invisibilty skill.
    Srsly, how do you plan to survive wallers on inferno, the whole point of it will be to force us into using escape tactics at the proper time, as well as offensive ones when we get the chance.
    I think in NM/Hell/Inferno random unique monsters will have more than one affix, and I also doubt monster packs will be scattered and scarce like in the beta.

DPS and AoE will still be really important because you need to kill everything ASAP, the main problem is the different combination of affixes that will make these monsters really deadly, and this is not even taking into account what the monsters could do.

This reminds me of the undead stygian dolls in D2, you can't just blindly charge into these things, because it's suicide.

Yeah I believe this as well - I just wanted to use a Watchmen quote :P.