So after playing a Bowazon and a Riftadin and making an Assassin character mostly as a mule, I got to thinking, "Why not put the girl to work and have some fun with the class I've never played before?" Not only that, I had such fun with my Riftadin and shooting out Frozen Orbs everywhere that when I saw the runeword "Chaos", it only sweetened the deal even more for me to want to play the Assassin as a serious character. However, before diving in I figured I'd come here and take a look at all of the guides and see what kind of build I might like...but wow...so confusing! I did absorb some of the stuff, but I need just a little bit of general help for what to look for in terms of gear and what not (and I will be twinking her a bit thanks to my higher level characters that have some MF and I have some spare high runes), so...a few questions:
**Important Note - This is a PvM Build I am after**
1. I want to focus on one hand weapon being 'Chaos' and I had previously found and saved a...Suwayyah...that had +skills to Dragon Flight, Weapon Block, and... I want to say Venom. I forgot the exact numbers for all of them, but I think Dragon Flight had +3 to it. If I use this as my base for Chaos (it has enough sockets for it), should I keep that in my off-hand or my main hand? If off-hand, then what would be a good blade to keep my eyes peeled for while doing some MF on my other characters, or would there be any other runeword weapons to use? I do want to try and keep it to where she's dual-wielding Assassin blades if possible.
2. I have read some of the guides and if I use 'Chaos' would she do ok as a kicking type Assassin, or rather, would the CTC Frozen Orb activate from kick attacks? Or does it only activate on attacks that involve her blades directly?
3. Should I invest into the Martial Arts tree - given the Runeword I want to use - on things like Tiger Strike, Dragon Talon, or Phoenix Strike? To go along with that, would I be better spending other points in Shadow Discipline skills, or would the Trap tree be a better investment? Like I said, I did read some of the guides, but I'm still a bit confused since I can't nail down a specific build I want to try out, so sorry if I sound like an utter noob...I totally am to this class!
4. What other gear should I be on the lookout for in terms of armor slots? Would Fortitude be a decent choice for body armor (I do have runes for it), and since I do have Venom skills on my weapon, would I be better off with Trang's gloves, or should I look for +skill gloves? Any other general armor slot help would be appreciated in terms of what I can be on the lookout for.
5. I read in some of the guides about something about bugging your weapon speed with equipping/unequipping weapons or something like that. Does that still work in the current game and is it necessary to do, or does it not matter that much for what I am after?
...I think that's about it, and thanks in advance for any and all help given!