Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 9 of 118 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    BattleTag Skjolde -2230

Re: Roles of Madness. Mafia Thread

Depending on the dreams they can choose from, I could potentially be too overpowered if they had the opportunity to choose the same dream, multiple nights in a row.

Unofficial Incgamers Clan - The Official Moose
    It's better to burn out than to fade away

BattleTag EuScL- *Solar_Fire

Just got home from work, so D1 started for me 4 PM GMT. This should be considered my normal time for starting as I can't post at work :P

Quote Originally Posted by Goryani View Post

RQS for the new players (Solar Ice, Autti, Skjolde):
    Do you think mafia have power roles? If so, what power role do you think mafia might have?
    I don't know what power roles they may have but it is stated by RE himself that everyone will have a one. I would also guess to say that Dreams, whatever abilities they may contain would undoubtedly be a powerful asset for the scum, hence it would be absolutely golden if we could lynch a Scum early on, to provide some valuable clues.

RQS for everyone:
    How long do you think dreams can last?
    Quoting RE again as a reply:

Quote Originally Posted by RlyehExiled
    Dreams effect only the next day step or the next night from when they are 'cast' depending what it is. Each night a new dream is cast, which in turn effects only the next relevent step and so on. There will never be 2 dreams in effect at once.

How many dreams do you think mafia have to choose from?
    No idea.

Quote Originally Posted by [[URL="http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/member.php?306738-Skjolde"
    Skjolde[/URL]][/B]Would this mean that a possible cop wouldn't get a correct read?
    Red flag right there.

Either you are subtly claiming cop (Not a good idea at all if you are a town, that is like a giant bulls eye on you from the start, so I don't think you would risk that and harm the town. Or, more likely, you are fishing for clues to out any possible cop for the you and your scum partners to target from the off.

and:

Quote Originally Posted by jcakes
    Some thoughts on the game. What do people think about not lynching day 1. I know common theory is that you lynch every day, but given most people have a power role and we have almost no information, would it be best to wait until D2 for a lynch (that way we hopefully have more information from Deaths / power role useage)?
    A lynch, hopefully scum, would provide clues about where to proceed for the town. granted, the downside is that the chances a townie getting lynched is higher than a scum, (partly because of the numerical advantage of Town vs scum, together with the the fact that there is little info available so early in the game).

But why would you not want a lynch? . The only ones that benefit from there being no lynch is the Mafia. Is it because you are one of them and are afraid that it will be you? If it wasn't for skjolde's cop remark, my vote would have been for you.

Vote: Skjolde

Quote Originally Posted by Sathoris View Post
    There'll be plenty more later on
    Someone isn't worried about being night killed...

Quote Originally Posted by Skjolde View Post
    That's not fishing. Hť was just joking
    That was most definitely fishing.

I really dont think that scum would be so reckless as to fish for roles (this obviously) on Day 1
    I feel a WIFOM coming on...

Was there supposed to be a picture there Gory?
    Yeah.

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/355748/

The forums "insert image" routine doesn't do anything (failure #1) and I can't remember the BBcode (failure #2) so I linked. Apparently they don't like linking directly to images (failure #3). Am I out?

BattleTag Skjolde -2230

Well, I just didn't get the impression that he was fishing. Let's just agree to disagree then.

355748.jpg

Fie on sneaky webmasters.

Votes as of post # 85

Autti(1): [FredofErik], Asrrin
    FredofErik(2): Kestegs, Ankeli
    Skjolde(1): [Autti], Solar Ice
    Kestegs(1): FredofErik
    Glib(0): [Sathorsis]
    Asrrin(1): Sathorsis
    Jcakes(1): Goryani

12 to Lynch

42 hours left by my count

Why would that dream be overpowered?
    This was before RE mentioned that all dreams lasted for one night/day. With mod confirmation that it indeed is so, it seems a lot more plausible but still a bit unlikely IMO. If all the dreams are of such power and the mafia on top of that has each their own PR (which I assume), then yes, I do think it seems OP - this is of course all only guessing as I also don't know the character of towns PRs.

Heading to a concert. Will check in later tonight or in the morning.

BattleTag Skjolde -2230

Quote Originally Posted by Solar Ice View Post
    Red flag right there.

Either you are subtly claiming cop (Not a good idea at all if you are a town, that is like a giant bulls eye on you from the start, so I don't think you would risk that and harm the town. Or, more likely, you are fishing for clues to out any possible cop for the you and your scum partners to target from the off.
    I'm not claiming anything and I'm not fishing for anything. I was just asking a (IMO) valid question, since I just read the story?
    Kori mentioned some of the same ideas, is he scum too? We are just analyzing the Story posted by RE. A

very
    thin vote.

It seems the game starts and ends for me at 3:00 am, as the forum gramps,I doubt you will see me at that time Some people will get their wish that I dont wait until the last minute to vote like I normally do.
    In reading about the Dreaming God role, I wonder if RE is following the way the mafia site explains it or if he has put his own spin on it.

Wow Pyro I canít believe the malarkey from me actually made it into sig fodder!

As far as the story, Iím not really getting much from it to deduce anything. However, we definitely need lynches for information.