Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 84 of 118 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast

Re: Roles of Madness. Mafia Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LozHinge the Unhinged View Post
    CG, yes, that's the one. The scientist being a SK was one of the biggest twists up until that game that I had seen in a game.

Was it Laarz who was the scientist then? I just remembered that I will never forgive him for that
    So now you join FoE,Pryo and CG in the FoS of myself, if you care to check your facts, I was the head of security *cop* in that game, killed by the ninja on the second night.

IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ

Sorry, Laarz, my mistake!

But I still don't forgive you

BattleTag kestegs-1550
    I'm leaning towards gwaihir at this point. Sathoris bothers me a bit still though, his style has changed a lot from d1 and that doesn't sit well with me.

I'm not convinced laarz is scum either, but Korial getting read wrong on d1 makes me suspicious of him.

Busy, busy, more later!

Quote Originally Posted by Goryani View Post
    When I saw temptress, I thought of two things: prostitute (aka, mafia roleblocker) and target manipulator. However, that's exactly what korialstraz turned out to be. I don't think it would be a carbon copy (or nearly, depending how the redirector/manipulator works).
    I don't think you can assume allignement from a rolename. Necromage doesn't sound very pleasant either. Unless both Noodle and Ankeli were scum, which I doubt given the situation of their demise.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaihir View Post
    Failing apparently. Guess this means it is role claim time.

I am the missionary, special win conl.

I hand out a holy ward every night, but they don't actually do anything.
    I win if I am alive and if everyone else alive has one of my wards.

Targets:
    FoE
    Val - blocked
    Noodle - dead

So yeah, I am not exactly on a roll at the moment, especially as the only one out there is in the hands of a claimed cop. Don't see that lasting (no offense FoE). As for why I have been targeting who I have, mostly based on survival the past few games.
    This is just absolute malarky. This role does nothing to further the game, you pose no threat to anyone. You are lying, which town wouldn't do and only mafia or SK would.

Quote Originally Posted by FredOfErik View Post
    I can confirm I have received a holy ward, that doesn't do anything.
    Nothing to you perhaps, but I'm sure it does something active to Gwaihir.

Quote Originally Posted by FredOfErik View Post

- Sath: pretty much ignored the hunt against Autti and (before my claim) Korial. Instead he was aggressive towards Val and Ank, who I both think were townies.

Sath is my favourite for now.

Vote: Sathoris

I'm gonna hang on to my investigation power for now and use it when I've got some posts to decide from. That is if I can use it. Pyro's idea about day actions being blocked today seems possible.
    Cause Ankeli wasn't being forthcoming and Val was suspicious to say the least. There was nothing to datamine on Korial and Autti that wasn't already posted in abundance. Like I said. Going after some other people broadens the town's field of view. And I still got Kestegs left, and he jumped back higher into my scumlist.

Quote Originally Posted by flubbucket View Post
    I found this on the Internets...

I don't post this to confirm Noodle's townieness/scumminess, simply to shed light on what a temptress does. I'm sure there are Mafia and town versions of this role.

Temptress
    • Day: You vote to eliminate scum.
    • Night: You may send the name of one person to tempt and one victim to the moderator via PM.
      • A tempted person is compelled to vote to lynch the victim on the following day.
      • A tempted person may not tell anyone that they have been tempted.
      • A tempted person is compelled to do everything they can to ensure the victim is lynched on the following day
    RE said he'd make up new roles. That role doesn't fit Noodle's playstyle at all. Why post info about a role that obviously isn't true for this game?

Quote Originally Posted by coju View Post
    I'll
    Vote: Sathauris
    Because of this crazy voting record.
    Not crazy at all, in fact I'm one of the only one to have transparent votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Laarz View Post
    So sath, you think Foe is lying when he said he received a holy ward?
    Maybe, maybe the ward does something other than Gwaihir says it does.

---

As explained by RE the reliable witness claiming Noodle and Ankeli sacrficied themselves story is just that, a story. Bad Ash is a verified tracker/watcher because Gwaihir confirmed he visited Noodle. Noodle ended up dead.

Given our options, we don't have a cop result to lynch someone, so we're going for someone who's the most suspicious. Risking a townie. Lynching Gwaihir means we don't lose a townie should he actually be telling the truth. I'd much rather lynch someone who visited someone who ended up dead and claims an unbelievable role afterwards than anyone else right now. My judgement on Kestegs can change depending on how Gwaihir flips. Coju is a bit of question mark. He was also quick to point out that N1 results came back opposite, but wasn't that dream there for N0 and D1? N1 had town nighttalk. N2 had all of us blocked. Plus two town cops makes you scared of what the mafia has. And so far we haven't seen anything that counters that. Or have we? Innocent looking mafia holy wards..

I'm all for a Gwaihir lynch unless somebody else is willing to give me a better risk vs reward strategy here. Haven't looked into that for Coju yet and I'm knocked out for the day, will do tomorrow unless someone wants townie points.

Vote: Gwaihir

Quote Originally Posted by Goryani View Post
    During D2, after Ankeli's "who would you kill, who would you save" gambit, coju said he would kill korialstraz.
    That's wrong. Completely wrong.

Votes as of #836

Flubbucket(1): Lozhinge
    Gwahir(2): Caluin Graye, Sath
    Sath(2): Fred, Coju

24 hours left, 7 to lynch

Looks like I did say that... Hmmm....

I'll have to look back and figure out why, but it may have been that I didn't think I investigated him, as I tried to investigate pyro on pre-game, and had to pm the mod when koral was getting lynched to figure out who the read was actually on.

As for who I investigated n2, cannot remember. Be lying if I told y'all otherwise.

You're all over the place coju, as you have been all game..

Quote Originally Posted by flubbucket View Post
    We have three deaths. So should we entertain the outside chance there are three kill methods/killers??
    Yes. One killer per killee should be the default assumption anytime there are night kills. I am entertaining the possibility of three killers until I understand how one action results in two deaths or until the combined claims of the rest of the players indicates a third killer isn't possible.

I'm using "killer" loosely in this discussion. A bomb is a killer that kills the person killing the bomb. A super bodyguard is a killer that kills the person targeting the person the bodyguard saves. A lovers pair is considered a killer if one of the pair dies when the other dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Sathoris View Post
    Lynching Gwaihir means we don't lose a townie should he actually be telling the truth.
    Lynching a non-townie doesn't mean the town stands to lose anything from the lynch. From the standpoint of mafia, lynching the missionary is equivalent to lynching a townie because of lynch vote majority calculations. Any non-mafia lynched is like giving mafia an extra night kill.

Quite the post I broke it up some below.

This is just absolute malarky. This role does nothing to further the game, you pose no threat to anyone. You are lying, which town wouldn't do and only mafia or SK would.
    Not lying, wish we could make a bet on that. I have no idea what you mean by furthering the game, and why it is needed for a role.

Nothing to you perhaps, but I'm sure it does something active to Gwaihir.
    Nope, my first question to RE was do the wards do anything, and his response was nothing other than possibly cause some confusion.

Maybe, maybe the ward does something other than Gwaihir says it does.
    See above

Plus two town cops makes you scared of what the mafia has. And so far we haven't seen anything that counters that. Or have we? Innocent looking mafia holy wards..
    For my amusement, could you flesh out this theory?

In the end I see your point - losing me is not a huge blow to the town. But to my (granted biased) eyes, I have a claim backed up by proof.

From my (again, biased) point of view, the town has much better options. Specifically Laarz has not yet voted for a known scum.

Also coju - your vote ended up on kol after day one - you investigated him, and found him innocent, and then voted for him?