Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 118 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Re: Roles of Madness. Mafia Thread

I'm pretty darn certain Cakes is mafia, so let's lynch him!

nah, I'm usually in the favor of always lynching. First of all because I've read posts from smart people that says it's a good idea, second of all because no lynch days are boring.

If somebody comes up with some awesome argument to why we shouldn't lynch, I'd most likely be willing to listen, though.

Quote Originally Posted by FredOfErik View Post
    nah, I'm usually in the favor of always lynching. First of all because I've read posts from smart people that says it's a good idea, second of all because no lynch days are boring.
    My thoughts exactly! I remember reading from time to time, posts of pretty smart people saying the town will benefit from lynching every day. Something about statistics and whatnot. Besides lynching can also help give some extra info that just waiting around for a night kill and/or trying to guess at who used which powers won't.

Unofficial Incgamers Clan - The Red One

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    so is Bieber pointless or just women in general?

BattleTag Autti-6733

how does the maths work? cos wouldn't the first lynch be highly likely to be a townie

Quote Originally Posted by Autti View Post
    how does the maths work? cos wouldn't the first lynch be highly likely to be a townie
    Well yea, but town has a lot more players than mafia side does, so they can afford to lynch someone. That way they town can start searching for clues, like who voted, who didn't, when did they vote (very early/very late), who locked the vote etc, as well as reading through the conversations and see if someone slipped up. Usually people tend to find some nice tidbits of info in there, and honestly I've not managed to do that before myself. At least I know my profession won't be private detector! j/k lol. >_>

Yeah, but technically so will the odds be for the entire game. And if we decide now, that we won't lynch anybody, we won't get to see any posts/vote patterns/etc. that we can use tomorrow and later in the fame. I think that's the essense of it (I think). Also, if we go with a no lynch, I don't see the point in deciding for it this early - IMO it would be a lot better to let the day go on and actually see some posts from people.

Also, no lynch is boring. Did I mention that already? Well, no lynch is boring.

Completely agree FoE, which is one thing I didn't think of at the time. Just agreeing to a no lynch right now gives no incentive to really post, and even if we do manage to do some scum hunting, there really isn't any real threat behind it. And some people (especially newer guys) tend to slip up more under pressure.

Or maybe that's just me.

BattleTag Jcakes-6373

Quote Originally Posted by FredOfErik View Post
    Yeah, but technically so will the odds be for the entire game. And if we decide now, that we won't lynch anybody, we won't get to see any posts/vote patterns/etc. that we can use tomorrow and later in the fame. I think that's the essense of it (I think). Also, if we go with a no lynch, I don't see the point in deciding for it this early - IMO it would be a lot better to let the day go on and actually see some posts from people.

Also, no lynch is boring. Did I mention that already? Well, no lynch is boring.
    I agree that no lynch is boring, I was curious as to how it all worked out. I know normally lynching is good, but I was wondering how it would work with every having power roles. Anyway it was just a thought as a mafia noob

Trollin', trollin', trollin'
    through the forums scrollin'
    Keep those comments flowin', DON'T HIDE!

Yes, lynch every day, unless, of course, you are already out numbered... Jcakes and skjolde...

BattleTag Skjolde -2230

LOL Coju I knew you hated me!

Unofficial Incgamers Clan - The Official Moose
    It's better to burn out than to fade away

BattleTag Skjolde -2230

Quote Originally Posted by Jcakes View Post
    mafia noob
    So you admit that you're mafia?

Unofficial Incgamers Clan - The Official Moose
    It's better to burn out than to fade away