Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 10 of 118 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Re: Roles of Madness. Mafia Thread

Quote Originally Posted by flubbucket View Post
    Wow Pyro I can’t believe the malarkey from me actually made it into sig fodder!
    Start OT Post/ I work with what I have available, and the quote easily relates to anyone who is married so it seems like a good choice. I'll probably keep it around for a while or at least until something better comes along, which could be quite a while. /End OT Post.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Seems I was wrong about having more posting in the pregame than game itself, which is good. Also, I will also not be on at day ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Goryani View Post
    The D1 story sounds like a "give all mafia godfather for the night" or "roleblock all investigators" type of ability. Powerful. And interesting to see that happen on a night when, by mod design, no other actions occurred. Why choose that dream the first night?

RQS for everyone:
    How long do you think dreams can last?
    How many dreams do you think mafia have to choose from?
    Could be wrong here, but from RE's post it seems like the dream chosen before official game start can effect today or this next night phase. I would guess that mafia have in the range of 5-10.

Quote Originally Posted by Skjolde View Post
    Depending on the dreams they can choose from, I could potentially be too overpowered if they had the opportunity to choose the same dream, multiple nights in a row.
    Could be. Do you think the mafia knows exactly what each dream does? Do you think they can choose the same dream multiple nights in a row?

Quote Originally Posted by Solar Ice View Post
    I don't know what power roles they may have but it is stated by RE himself that everyone will have a one. I would also guess to say that Dreams, whatever abilities they may contain would undoubtedly be a powerful asset for the scum, hence it would be absolutely golden if we could lynch a Scum early on, to provide some valuable clues.
    I am curious what clues about the dreams we would gain by lynching a scum?

Gotcha...Going on 26 years of wedded terror as of the 26th of this month. I better go get some anti-venom today...

BattleTag Skjolde -2230

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaihir View Post
    Could be. Do you think the mafia knows exactly what each dream does? Do you think they can choose the same dream multiple nights in a row?
    I don't think that the Mafia know exactly what each dream does, I think that RE still has left a bit of a surprise in that aspect. And I don't think they can pick the same dream multiple nights in a row. For all I know, the dreams may only have a 1-night use. So after using it, it gets tossed and you can no longer choose that particular dream. That could be a reasonable solution to the whole dream thing.

Unofficial Incgamers Clan - The Official Moose
    It's better to burn out than to fade away

Quote Originally Posted by Goryani View Post
    The D1 story sounds like a "give all mafia godfather for the night" or "roleblock all investigators" type of ability. Powerful. And interesting to see that happen on a night when, by mod design, no other actions occurred. Why choose that dream the first night?

Autti claiming to be mafia because mafia didn't choose that dream?

Bad Jcakes!

Waiting to lynch until we have more info delays when "more info" happens. The pursuit of a lynch let's town power roles make better decisions that night. The pursuit of a lynch lets the town make a better lynch decision the next day. And so on.

Lack of pursuit of a lynch benefits scum in many ways.
    1. Information is kept hidden longer, which allows more information to be erased from town use during a night kill.
    2. Scum don't have to expose themselves trying to lynch a townie (/wave Valhouros)- especially a townie power role.
    3. Scum won't be lynched that day if no lynch occurs.

Vote: Jcakes

Obvious scum trying to hide is obvious.

That is a most curious thing to say. Why would the duration of the current dream affect whether or not we should lynch someone today?

D1 - No lynch because it's more likely to lynch a townie than scum.
    D2 - No lynch because it's more likely to lynch a townie than scum.
    D3 - No lynch because it's more likely to lynch a townie than scum.
    D12 - Finally! It's more likely to lynch scum than a townie. Too bad that's when scum win. Town loses.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

RQS for the new players (Solar Ice, Autti, Skjolde):
    Do you think mafia have power roles? If so, what power role do you think mafia might have?

RQS for everyone:
    How long do you think dreams can last?
    How many dreams do you think mafia have to choose from?
    You dissapoint me Goryani, getting suckered so easy. Might even do an extensive meta read on you tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sathoris View Post
    You dissapoint me Goryani, getting suckered so easy. Might even do an extensive meta read on you tonight.
    What are you rambling on about Sath, you are sounding very strange...

D3 General & D2 Newcomer Moderator
    IncGamers Site Pal

Quote Originally Posted by Skjolde View Post
    For all I know, the dreams may only have a 1-night use. So after using it, it gets tossed and you can no longer choose that particular dream. That could be a reasonable solution to the whole dream thing.
    That's a very interesting theory. We'll need to track perceived night events / non-events to see if there is a pattern of repeating effects, or if "use it and lose it" applies to each dream type.

OH PLEASE HELP I found out why Waldo's always hiding he did so many horrible things please let me in he's righ

BattleTag Skjolde -2230

He's not home at the moment. I think that's why he's not as active.

I know this because I sometimes play BF3 with Kori and chat through Skype.

Unofficial Incgamers Clan - The Official Moose
    It's better to burn out than to fade away

BattleTag EuScL- *Solar_Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaihir View Post

I am curious what clues about the dreams we would gain by lynching a scum?
    For instance, Does a death of one of them affect this dream somehow? Does the death affect the ability that was chosen or its effects?

I don't know. I am just in the dark as anyone else (except for perhaps the scum) and a Scum lynch may, or may not, provide us with clues.