Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 67 of 118 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117 ... LastLast
    BattleTag kestegs-1550

Re: Roles of Madness. Mafia Thread

That's an interesting roll, Ankeli. Reminds me of a role from another game, but I can't quite remember what it was or what game it was.

A vigi that had a permanent kill ability seems unlikely to me, I would expect SK to be more likely if he wasn't mafia.

A dead thread is a dead thread. Let's talk about the dream then. What possible benefit can the mafia get from choosing a dream that blocks everything? I'm still assuming they choose their dreams, as per RE's post:

"2) Dreams: Unique to this game the mafia have the dreaming god ability, each night (Including the pregame night) they can pick an ability, dreams effect ethier the next night or day from when they're used. You will not be aware of it's effects until they happen, but the story may hint at whats going to happen."

From my understanding, whenever they chose a dream, they didn't knowexactly what they were getting. Just a name: like, "silent night" or, "solar eclipse. "
    If you look at your role and the rolls revealed, they are not named normal: paladin and necromage(assuming this isn't a regular role).

BattleTag kestegs-1550
    The part about them not knowing the effects is the key to your question I think.

I think if they got to know the effects beforehand it would probably be op.

If the mafia know what the dreams do then having town night talk on the first night won't help us at all. Better to get that dream out of the way when it's the least usefull to us. And we all get blocked the night after Goryani announced there is a cop and certain people were popular choices. And AnkeliBesides a global roleblock could distract the town and might pursuade the PR's to change targets. The fliside is a global roleblock only helps the town. Another chance of gaining information through talking and lynching while the mafia haven't made another kill. But again maybe they wanted this effect out of the way too. Which implies there's only a limited number of dream choices available.

Regardless, discussing this won't help us at all untill we have definite proof of some sort of the other. I still don't trust Ankeli after aparently revealing his entire role.. But I'm willing to give him the benefit and trust his judgement of revealing the structure of his roles. Kestegs position on the train on Autti eases my mind a bit. Which leaves Val

Vote: Valhauros

Nothing town about his play all game.

Quote Originally Posted by Goryani View Post
    Because they were 'oh so willing' to give up their roles. I crossed them off the list of targets pretty fast.
    My comment was meant to be sarcastic, but yeah your reasoning definately makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaihir View Post
    If I had to guess, maybe we get info from anyone who would die tonight? My question is all of the things so far seem to be helping town - night talk, global role block, possibly more info from those who die. Are the mafia getting something out of this that we don't see, or are they just choosing what benefit the town receives?
    Role reveal of those who die at night probably makes the most sense since we normally wouldn't receive that information. I guess we won't know until the next day phase though obviously. Since mafia are in control of choosing the dream, I don't see how the only benefits are too the town, that doesn't make sense to me, even if they didn't know what they were choosing, either that or they are choosing the ones that help the town early on and saving the better ones for them for later in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Ankeli View Post
    Now, the list of people who I'd peg suspicious based on their actions during the last 2 days, and the lynch behaviour on Autti, in no order: Val, Korialstraz, Loz, Ba. I'm sort of excluding Sathoris for being Sathoris, which might end up biting me in the butt but whatever.

I might as well come entirely out with my role now, since I doubt I'll be around much longer. I am the Necromage. Every night I get the powers of the deceased (day and night) as a one shot ability if they were permanent on their original user. If they had an x-shot ability, I get the ability but with no charges. So for example after the night when Asrrin and Solar Ice died, I got a 1 time night kill ability, and a 1 time bus driver ability. I may only use one power per night.

Last night I tried to kill Korialstraz, trusting the doctor would attempt to save me, but alas I was blocked. I didn't end up using the charge, so I'm still good for a kill / busdriver switch or a framing (Autti's role). The framing is obviously useless, and the busdriver I was going to use to save myself. If the doc protects me tonight, I can be around for 2 more day phases.

So, back on the suspects. Even though I tried to kill Korialstraz, I feel stronger about BA. If it weren't for his "kill me now" comment at the end of the last day phase, I would've attempted to NK him. I can still try to NK Korialstraz over the next night phase (unless you come up with something smarter), and lay my vote on BA.
    I'm not so certain we should exclude Sath yet, one of his last posts (#557) in the previous day phase was saying how everyone is focused on lynching either Flubb, Korial, or Autti and that his top three suspects were kegs, ankeli, and Val, and since he was short on time if we didn't have the 12 hour extension (which we did, and I thought was pretty clear from RE's post), that he was only going to post regarding our current targets. Afterwards he never went back to post regarding why Ank, kegs, and Val topped his list. I'm very interested in hearing why he thought those people were scum before we let him off the hook. So in the interest of hearing what he has to say:

Vote: Sathoris

Moving on to Ankeli's role, I actually find it pretty neat, its definately a very interesting role mechanic. Not to try and cause any confusion about this, but if everyone's ability last night was blocked then that most likely means that the doc can target you again (and probably will at this point unless information comes up) but the mafia most likely knows that you are a likely save tonight so doesn't that create quite an interesting predicament? Regarding your one shot night kill, I agree that you should attempt to use it again tonight, I'm not sure if its best for you to use your best judgement or for the town to come to a concensus on who you should use it on since those who are "town" i.e. mafia will try to sway your decision throughout the course of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by FredOfErik View Post
    Any reason to believe he was vigi and not SK? Both seems equally likely to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    A vigi that had a permanent kill ability seems unlikely to me, I would expect SK to be more likely if he wasn't mafia.
    Alright question for you guys then since I've only played in 2 games so far, how likely is it that the SK isn't bulletproof (night kill immune)?

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    The part about them not knowing the effects is the key to your question I think.

I think if they got to know the effects beforehand it would probably be op.
    Knowing exact effects sounds like it would be definately overpower, but I would think they have some kind of hint rather then just a two word description. Now that we've had our daily discussion of how the mafia chooses a dream, it doesn't really help us find the people in control of it, which should be the focus of our discussion here.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Apparently Sath got his post in before I finished writting up my responses. I'm still interested in hearing his original reasoning from yesterday why those three people topped his list. Also his reasoning to not pursue Ank or kegs anymore is obviously because they seem more like town today then they did yesterday which would make it more dangerous for him to persue if he was mafia. I also find Val very suspicious considering his very late vote in the previous day, even though his reasoning was his linking style. Maybe you can elaborate on your "nothing town about his play all game" would be helpful in persuading me to change my vote to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

I have a tendency of not following up on stuff I post in here Pyro. Secondly I don't post gathered information or leads on players unless I truly want to lynch them asap. No point in brandishing your case and then not persecuting, giving him time to change and defend. And I've already mentioned some points throughout my posts.

And nothing town about him is self explanatory. He hasn't scumhunted, his votes are useless, he's lurking. If you don't act in a way that supports the town then you're motives are anti-town.

BattleTag kestegs-1550
    I don't think it is standard for the sk to be nk immune, but I'm not real sure.

I think sath is acting fairly normal, although I do find it odd that he had such a different scum list than everyone else yesterday. Although upon further reflection I think that makes him seem more town in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Valhauros View Post
    Rlyeh's "Autti has been lynched he was Dark Psion (Tailor/Framer), Anti-town":
    What exactly is a Dark Psion? I get that it's just the flavor, but should we assume his alignment against town is because of him being mafia, or him being part of the cult? Is there any way for us to know the difference from the lynch results? As in, if Autti was a cult member, When we lynch a mafia member, we'll know he's Mafia? Either way, we should check who vouched in favor of Autti.
    Why do you think we are facing mafia and a separate cult?

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrotechnician View Post
    Alright question for you guys then since I've only played in 2 games so far, how likely is it that the SK isn't bulletproof (night kill immune)?
    Bulletproof SK is pretty rare. I can't remember one outside of a CG modded game.