Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 22 of 118 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ

Re: Roles of Madness. Mafia Thread

Gah. Sorry for my absence from this game.

I am half way through a skim read of the game so far (Page 13), and I am starting to think that skim reading is worse than useless.

So far, I am looking at an odd interaction between two established players plus a vague feeling about a newbie (or relative newbie). If my initial thoughts survive a proper read of the thread, I will post my thoughts. If I discover that I have nothing after a re-read, I will say so.

For the record, I am and always have been in favour of lynch-every-day-come-what-may. I will be voting before the end of this game-day.

Thanks for the answers Goryani.

I'd be willing to go for SK as well, and flubbucket, but I'd prefer an Autti lynch. Over eagerness tends to get highlighted with an anti-town role, and both of the newbies are somewhat demonstrating this.

BattleTag Skjolde -2230

I would think that it was the opposit? That if you were Anti town you want to be laying low? Not lurking, but still under the radar.

I don't hope this is too OT for you kegs.

Unofficial Incgamers Clan - The Official Moose
    It's better to burn out than to fade away

BattleTag kestegs-1550

Quote Originally Posted by Ankeli View Post
    Thanks for the answers Goryani.

I'd be willing to go for SK as well, and flubbucket, but I'd prefer an Autti lynch. Over eagerness tends to get highlighted with an anti-town role, and both of the newbies are somewhat demonstrating this.
    That is a good point about Autti. I still want to hear from flubb before I make a final call, but I can see myself voting for any of those 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Skjolde View Post
    I would think that it was the opposit? That if you were Anti town you want to be laying low? Not lurking, but still under the radar.

I don't hope this is too OT for you kegs.
    Ummm...you posted something relevant, why would I think that is OT? Anti town do often want to lay low, but it really just depends on the person, everybody has a different play style, and without history it is hard to tell if their meta is off from their normal level.

Hahaha, too off topic for the king of off topic himself, that is quite hilarious. We do have a couple lurkers as per normal in these games it seems so is it possible that they could be scum? Sure, but its not necessarily true. I can see both Sk and Autti just making newbie mistakes (I would know since I did it quite a bit my first game), but that doesn't necessarily mean that they are not scum. Flubb however has kept his same general posting style of last game (unhelpful and misrepresnted) so I can definately see him being a viable option as well.

P.S. I would also courtesy vote Val just for being Val and tricking us all last game.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Sathoris View Post
    Question to all the people discussing the dreamy thing. What are you trying to accomplish?
    Sathoris, I think that its being used to distract somewhat from the real purpose of the game, which is scum hunting.

Ankeli is making some sense to me, man I hate to say that. Have you had your scumdar worked on or is still in the shop?

Here are the fundamentals as I understand them (feel free to correct me). The goal of the game is to stay alive whether you are town or mafia. If you are mafia you kill the town. If you are town, you hunt mafia by any means available. Be that poking, prodding, needling, quoting, harassing etc… The goal of which is to expose them to the town and then lynch them. If I see something concerning, I will shine a light on it. If they are innocent then there is nothing to hide.

With all sincerity I say I’m not cold blooded, but Kestegs would you want to lynch a new guy if you thought he was a mafia?

@Goryani-I don’t like it at all!

As a point of interest (not horn blowing AT ALL). In the WIFOA game, in the final day, the remaining few were convinced Valhauros and FoE were townie. I knew Valhauros was the SK and even quoted and threw a vote on him at one point. So no assumptions of innocence and Glibbwagons misquoting may actually continue….darn those torpedoes!!!

Oh, and Glib says all mafia wear thongs...

Funny, cause I didn't want a no lynch there and would've prevented it were I around,
    I've no doubt you wanted the lynch. With less than 4 hours left in the day, and with a vote on a player who received exactly 1 vote that day phase, you, not once, but twice, pressured a townie to cast the vote which would have lynched the NK immune townie power role who just claimed.

However, you were more afraid of voting to secure the lynch than not voting to allow a no lynch to occur. Your example just proved my point. Thank you.

you however didn't cast a vote and were all talk but did nothing. Now you can boil that down to us doing the same thing in our own way.
    You're right. I did nothing. I did not vote for the first person to advocate a no lynch on D1. I did not give multiple reasons why The Plan was a bad idea. I did not use players' actions during The Plan as evidence to find scum later in the game.

In case anyone else is wondering, the preceding paragraph was 100% sarcasm.

So by your wonderful example, town will work towards a no lynch too. In fact in that game more town than scum worked towards a no lynch.
    I've never said townies won't work toward a no lynch. Friendly fire sometimes happens in war.

Please tell me how asking about the merits of a day one no lynch where everybody has power roles within the first 20 minutes of the game starting is advocating we no lynch.
    It's a method mafia sometimes use to suggest an idea without being obvious they suggesting the idea. A test balloon. Throw it up and see if it gets shot down. If not, well hey, you get to ride in a balloon and that's awesome.

I never said you weren't allowed to. I just called you out for that and instead you try to defend the validity of your post which you know is only a pressure vote.
    Pressure votes with no substance have no effect on the game. That's why my pressure votes have substance to them. Substance which can be validated.

I got what I wanted, did you? Haha
    Time will tell.

IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ

Day One Story ...
    Quote Originally Posted by RlyehExiled View Post
    GAME START!

In the town of Sunopal, a dark pressence could be felt, that and the roiling thunderclouds above the city kind of suggest some evil is at work. Heroes and adventurers from the land gathered in the town to root out the cause of evil, the Cult of The Dark One, but the evil god had a trick up his sleeve, he blinded the heroes, so they could no longer tell friend from foe. Working though his cult he will slowly elimiate all who stand before him to gain power needed to lay waste to the entire world. Can the heroes use their powers and wits to uncover the identity of thier foes in time?

[...]

I initially read this as purely flavour. I believed that RE was simply setting the scene, and making logical the fact that we don't know who the bad guys are and who the good guys are.

Alternatively, I saw this as possibly a kind of mass bus-driver effect. We cannot see who we are using our PRs on so they could be misdirected in the confusion. Presumably the mafia would be unaffected and able to operate normally.

Or I thought it could be a sort of role-blocking of the town's investigative roles.

Flavour or effect, we don't know yet.

My first skim of the thread, up to about Post #130, left me suspecting the interplay between Sathoris and Goryani. It raised the hairs on my neck and convinced me that one or both of them are scum.

My early scum read on Skjolde, well that quickly got over-written by the scum-tells that started appearing in earnest after Page 13. These have already been discussed.

I would vote for any of these three, but Skjolde seems to be a sound choice for Day1.

Posting this now, my re-read is interrupted. Will resume asap.

Oh, and ...

OT: My iPod just broke. You would not be able to credit just how pissed off I am about this. Prison-time pissed-off begins to approach it. Laters.

Votes as of post # 220

Autti(2): [FredofErik], [Asrrin], Ankeli, FredofErik
    FredofErik(1): Kestegs, [Ankeli]
    Skjolde(3): [Autti], Solar Ice, Caluin Graye, Asrrin
    Kestegs(0): [FredofErik]
    Glib(1): [Sathoris], Gwahir
    Asrrin(0): [Sathoris]
    Jcakes(1): Goryani
    Goryani(0): [Sathoris]
    Korialstarz(1): Bad Ash
    Pyro(0): [Korialstarz]