Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Re: 15% fee is outrageous, need 3rd party websites suggestions !

Quote Originally Posted by ShadoutMapes View Post
    P.S. EULA's are theoretically legally binding, BUT taking individual players to court over an EULA-break would be some rather serious waste of money and time for Blizzard, so they wouldn't do it.
    As above, that could only happen against companies breaking the EULA, and even then it would probably not be worth it for Blizzard (Note: They have done it in WoW, against the creator of botting software - and they won the case)
    I personally think EULAs are a joke, and a lot of people who are involved with making software feel the same way. No one reads them, despite forcing you to drag a scroll bar to the bottom, and I could write "You must eat your broccoli and have health insurance" but that does not necessarily mean it's legally binding, it's going to dissaude people from playing d3, or especially as you said Blizzard's not going to waste time and money suing you.

In a court of law it's only going to matter how reasonable the claim is.

BattleTag Zokar -1451

LOL

We are aware that, in the Diablo III beta, a 15% transaction was previously displayed when selling items in the Beta Bucks auction house. This was a configuration error, and has been corrected.

We do not currently have plans to alter the auction house fee structure for the beta, as previously discussed here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4062879314

As always, thank you for your feedback. This is exactly the sort of thing that makes a good beta test.

BattleTag kestegs-1550
    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyTheFluffer

If by "the game" you mean the game where Bobby tries to collect at least one painting from every major european prewar artist, sure.

But making the RMAH (and by extension, all of D3) a transparently pure attempt at monetization probably doesn't help the game called Diablo 3 in the slightest from the players' perspective.
    Money is going to be spent on video game items, we all realize this by now. I don't understand why blizzard is the bad guy for wanting to make money off of the game they created. It also has the added benefit of being secure and convenient. Its a win for everyone IMO.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by psyadam View Post
    I personally think EULAs are a joke
    For the most part they are. Simply because no company would bother to come after you as an individual for breaking it. Still, in those few cases where a company would want to go after someone for breaking an EULA; they would need to have an EULA. So they aren't totally a joke.

This isn't really different from other contracts though, where you are accepting it on paper. It is unlikely a company would bother to drag you to court just because they had your handwriting on a piece of paper.

Edit: Oh well, Zokar wins the thread.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zokar View Post
    LOL

We are aware that, in the Diablo III beta, a 15% transaction was previously displayed when selling items in the Beta Bucks auction house. This was a configuration error, and has been corrected.

We do not currently have plans to alter the auction house fee structure for the beta, as previously discussed here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4062879314

As always, thank you for your feedback. This is exactly the sort of thing that makes a good beta test.
    So what, the 15% transaction fee was an error ?

BattleTag Zokar -1451

Quote Originally Posted by snowcatcher View Post
    So what, the 15% transaction fee was an error ?
    correct. basically nothing has changed, they made a configuration error when they set the new beta up.

Banned

Jesus ****ing christ, i was freaking out like hell here... i knew blizzard aint evil corporation... that is why i love em, its all bout the gamers ffs

BattleTag kestegs-1550
    Quote Originally Posted by Zokar

correct. basically nothing has changed, they made a configuration error when they set the new beta up.
    Doesn't that just mean that they accidentally implemented the change in beta instead of the release version.

BattleTag Mick-1457

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    Doesn't that just mean that they accidentally implemented the change in beta instead of the release version.
    Well that certainly takes the RMAH conspiracy to a whole new level.

Banned

No guys, i knew something was fishy here, blizzard will never do that. 15% is too much, they should be satisfied with the 1.25 transaction fee they will get. Come on, i bet if not everyone, atleast 70% of the players will use the rmah atleast 5-7 times a month, if not even more often, and that doesn't mean you will be bying end game items, it will mostly be used for crafting materials and gold which should generate a lot of $$$ for blizzard.