Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    76

    Is this build insane?

    Hi guys,

    I'm looking for the opinions of the experts here in WD forums regarding the following build:

    http://us.battle.net/d3/pt/calculato...PkT!Zcd!bbcZbY

    I'm interested in builds like zoomancer in D2. Is this viable?

    I would be glad if you share your expertise with me.

    Thanks



  2. #2
    IncGamers Member pcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    United States - East Coast
    BattleTag pcguy89-1721
    Posts
    437

    Re: Is this build insane?

    I feel this is a good opportunity to talk about the Creepers rune. Either the zombies last until they die, or they last only 5 seconds. We know nothing about them, really. We can't even accurately gauge how much damage they can be doing, because they do not do damage per second - they do damage per attack. This means that if you can speed their attack rate up, they will do more damage.

    That being said, I can see it pairing very well with Slam Dance and your other summons.

    Rain of Toads is an odd choice. It does 130% weapon damage over an unspecified radius over two seconds, at the cost of 34 mana. If "over two seconds" means it only does 65% weapon damage per second, it is very inefficient. Fire Pit does a LOT more damage for only 10 mana. However, if the tooltip is wrong and "over two seconds" is supposed to be "for two seconds" then we're looking at a possible 260% damage on a stationary group of enemies for only 34 mana - not bad!

    Video of Rain of Toads

    Personally, though, I'd rather choose another summon which keeps with the theme of the build such as the Spider Queen or the Toad of Hugeness.


    Last edited by pcguy; 13-04-2012 at 02:22.

  3. #3
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    127

    Re: Is this build insane?

    I'm kind of interested in Wall of Zombie Creepers as a Sycophant trigger. The +skill of WoZ allows a CD decrease of 1-2 seconds, so even if the Zombies only last 5 seconds, you could summon an army of them if the skill CD is zero. A more pleasant choice, however, would be that the Creepers are permanent like Dogs or Garg and have health and buffability just like them.



  4. #4
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    76

    Re: Is this build insane?

    Quote Originally Posted by pcguy View Post
    Rain of Toads is an odd choice. It does 130% weapon damage over an unspecified radius over two seconds, at the cost of 34 mana. If "over two seconds" means it only does 65% weapon damage per second, it is very inefficient. Fire Pit does a LOT more damage for only 10 mana. However, if the tooltip is wrong and "over two seconds" is supposed to be "for two seconds" then we're looking at a possible 260% damage on a stationary group of enemies for only 34 mana - not bad!

    Video of Rain of Toads

    Personally, though, I'd rather choose another summon which keeps with the theme of the build such as the Spider Queen or the Toad of Hugeness.
    Well noted. We'll have to check in game. Anyway, for the sinergy with Bad Medicine I won't be using Fire Bomb/Fire Pit. I'm gonna need something with poison damage. Maybe Poison Dart with Splinters if Rain of Toads doesn't work well.

    Thanks for the tips!

    My only fear with this build is the pet longevity. Currently in beta Zoombie Dogs are dying to ordinary monsters if the pack is a bit large. We'll see.



  5. #5
    IncGamers Member z00t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,104

    Re: Is this build insane?

    According to Diablonut, the greatest possible CD reduction (from a single item) for Wall of Zombies is 3 seconds.

    Take into account the fact that this affix doesn't even show up on all items (for example, Ceremonial Knives and Voodoo Masks can never roll the affix that reduces the CD for Wall of Zombies), and I suspect that it's impossible to drastically change the CD for Wall of Zombies.

    At best, itemising for it will be a nice improvement, but it's not going to drastically change the skill to the point where you can use it as a frequent attack in a fight.



  6. #6
    IncGamers Member pcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    United States - East Coast
    BattleTag pcguy89-1721
    Posts
    437

    Re: Is this build insane?

    Quote Originally Posted by z00t View Post
    Take into account the fact that this affix doesn't even show up on all items (for example, Ceremonial Knives and Voodoo Masks can never roll the affix that reduces the CD for Wall of Zombies), and I suspect that it's impossible to drastically change the CD for Wall of Zombies.
    The item affixes are incomplete. I glanced at a ton of items and item affixes and there are a lot of affixes missing from many different item types in the databse. The 3 second cooldown is probably not even an accurate representation of what we will be finding.

    Also, you are discounting the possibility of a powerful Legendary item which may wipe the cooldown of the skill out all together.

    We do not know enough to make claims like the quote above.

    I believe that we will be able to remove the cooldown completely, but it will be at the cost of equally important attributes on our items. We will probably end up making some sacrifices to get to that 0 sec cooldown sweet spot.



  7. #7
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    920

    Re: Is this build insane?

    Where's your damage coming from?



  8. #8
    IncGamers Member z00t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,104

    Re: Is this build insane?

    Quote Originally Posted by pcguy View Post
    The item affixes are incomplete. I glanced at a ton of items and item affixes and there are a lot of affixes missing from many different item types in the databse. The 3 second cooldown is probably not even an accurate representation of what we will be finding.

    Also, you are discounting the possibility of a powerful Legendary item which may wipe the cooldown of the skill out all together.

    We do not know enough to make claims like the quote above.

    I believe that we will be able to remove the cooldown completely, but it will be at the cost of equally important attributes on our items. We will probably end up making some sacrifices to get to that 0 sec cooldown sweet spot.
    Yeah, that's true - I was actually aware of the likely inaccuracy of Diablonut with regards to the full retail version of the game, I guess I forgot to mention it :P.

    I'd still be very surprised if the cooldown for Wall of Zombies can be drastically changed, though. I mean, it's only 108 mana - I don't think that being able to spam Pile On, which does 768% weapon damage is something that they want. It'd kick Meteor's *** so hard.



  9. #9
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    62

    Re: Is this build insane?

    there will be items that reduce cd of spells? :o :o



  10. #10
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    30

    Re: Is this build insane?

    Quote Originally Posted by Horcsog View Post
    there will be items that reduce cd of spells? :o :o
    I'm assuming there is supposed to be a Will infront of that... making it non-rhetorical... to which I will say... I doubt it... very much.



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •