Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37
  1. #21
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    east EU
    Posts
    107

    Re: Gold Only on RMAH

    Ok, Eeryck, lets' drop the contradictions , and continue on the topic, regadless if you or me are right.

    The thing is that there will be items wortg over 250$, however, the seller might receive the money in 2 or more payments.Like an item sold for 350 $.
    Options :
    1.the seller choose to send 250 $ to bnet. balance (or less, until the cap) and the remaining $ to PP account ;
    2.the seller sends 250 $ to PP account, then a second window opens to send the remaining 100$ ;
    3.multiple PP accounts : send 250 $ to one, 100 $ to another ;
    4.the game AUTOMATICALY send 250 $ (or as much needed for cap) to bnet. balance, the seller having the option to send the rest to his PP account ;

    OR

    The seller can send ALL 350 $ (or whatever amount that is above the 250$ cap) to his PP account.- I think this will be the best way.

    Nobody knows if items will sell for.But Blizzard will be prepared for all options, even if an item is sold for 10,000$ or more.And I think the easiest way is to NOT put a max limit to prices.A minimum limit, yes, it is already know and it is a good move.



  2. #22
    IncGamers Member riptide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    23

    Re: Gold Only on RMAH

    Quote Originally Posted by Eeryck View Post
    I will have to check again but I am pretty sure the new ToS from Blizzard will limit RM transactions on the AH to $250, making that the highest in game RM transaction available.
    *snip*
    It is confirmed in the Official D3 AH FAQ that you will be able to use paypal directly to purchase items. This will be without limits as they have only mentioned the battle.net balance having one.



  3. #23
    IncGamers Member Eeryck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    BattleTag Eeryck-1961
    Posts
    229

    Re: Gold Only on RMAH

    Quote Originally Posted by semakka View Post
    Ok, Eeryck, lets' drop the contradictions , and continue on the topic, regadless if you or me are right.

    The thing is that there will be items wortg over 250$, however, the seller might receive the money in 2 or more payments.Like an item sold for 350 $.
    Options :
    1.the seller choose to send 250 $ to bnet. balance (or less, until the cap) and the remaining $ to PP account ;
    2.the seller sends 250 $ to PP account, then a second window opens to send the remaining 100$ ;
    3.multiple PP accounts : send 250 $ to one, 100 $ to another ;
    4.the game AUTOMATICALY send 250 $ (or as much needed for cap) to bnet. balance, the seller having the option to send the rest to his PP account ;

    OR

    The seller can send ALL 350 $ (or whatever amount that is above the 250$ cap) to his PP account.- I think this will be the best way.

    Nobody knows if items will sell for.But Blizzard will be prepared for all options, even if an item is sold for 10,000$ or more.And I think the easiest way is to NOT put a max limit to prices.A minimum limit, yes, it is already know and it is a good move.
    Quote Originally Posted by riptide View Post
    It is confirmed in the Official D3 AH FAQ that you will be able to use paypal directly to purchase items. This will be without limits as they have only mentioned the battle.net balance having one.
    Yeah I re-read that after the other thread in general today. I think you linked it. So I was in error about the cap on RMAH auciton limits, it was only a minor supporting point in my theory anyway.

    I will also concede for the uber rare - say zod drop rate or higher rarity the RMAH may be viable, but I still think the majority of other transactions would go to GAH. Even with the double fee associated with selling on the GAH then selling the gold on the RMAH, I think the functionality is going to trend in this direction.



  4. #24
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Ramat-Hasharon, Israel
    Posts
    2,019

    Re: Gold Only on RMAH

    Again, main reason for most trading to happen on GAH is that the grand vast majority of AH-traded items will be worth less than 4.5$, making selling for gold and then selling the gold not only easier but also more profitable.




  5. #25
    IncGamers Member FizzyBubbly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    BattleTag FizzyBubbly-1527
    Posts
    154

    Re: Gold Only on RMAH

    Quote Originally Posted by galzohar View Post
    Again, main reason for most trading to happen on GAH is that the grand vast majority of AH-traded items will be worth less than 4.5$, making selling for gold and then selling the gold not only easier but also more profitable.
    I anticipate 80% of players not understanding this relationship. Not because they are dumb or ignorant but because one amount ends in a $ that they can use immediately and the other is a yellow shiny thing on their screen.



  6. #26
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    68

    Re: Gold Only on RMAH

    Quote Originally Posted by galzohar View Post
    Again, main reason for most trading to happen on GAH is that the grand vast majority of AH-traded items will be worth less than 4.5$, making selling for gold and then selling the gold not only easier but also more profitable.
    D3 is a linch pin economy(i'm making **** up). The rarest and most in demand items will set the value of everything else. These economy makers, are likely to be exclusively sold on the RMAH. Everyone will be trying to convert ingame items into RMAH $ to get these items without having to spend actual money from their pocket books. The most accessible way to do that is to sell gold on the RMAH. So everyone will be trying to Sell gold on the RMAH, and few people will be trying to buy it, meaning that 99.9% of people wont beable to sell enough gold to make enough $ to buy those economy makers. Which means they will have to go other routes, like farming other items that are sellable on the RMAH.



  7. #27
    Awaiting user confirming email address
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    302

    Re: Gold Only on RMAH

    Quote Originally Posted by DoxieVon View Post
    D3 is a linch pin economy(i'm making **** up). The rarest and most in demand items will set the value of everything else. These economy makers, are likely to be exclusively sold on the RMAH. Everyone will be trying to convert ingame items into RMAH $ to get these items without having to spend actual money from their pocket books. The most accessible way to do that is to sell gold on the RMAH. So everyone will be trying to Sell gold on the RMAH, and few people will be trying to buy it, meaning that 99.9% of people wont beable to sell enough gold to make enough $ to buy those economy makers. Which means they will have to go other routes, like farming other items that are sellable on the RMAH.
    Dont under estimate the need players will have for gold, we have only scene a small part of the game.
    If what we have been told by blizzard is correct, gold will be the most valued drop because of the huge costs of repairs and other un forseen needs for that we don't yet know about.
    Regardless of how much gold is listed, if blizzard are correct in there statments about gold sinks it will sell as due to the huge demand for it.



  8. #28
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    68

    Re: Gold Only on RMAH

    True True. And its very possable that I am underestimateing the player consumption of gold. However I know what blizzard expects players to do and what they usually do arnt always the same. I also know that EVERYONE will have gold drops, not everyone will buy into these gold sinks. I also know that alot of gold sinks are a one time thing. To max BS and JC levels, it only takes like 640,000 gold or something. Now you can waste close to infinite on crafting actual items... but that might be more limited by mat supply that gold. I just dont think gold will be the bottleneck their hoping it will be, or that it needs to be to have significant effect on RMAH... at least in the long term economy. Gold will sell like crazy the first few weeks/months.



  9. #29
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    east EU
    Posts
    107

    Re: Gold Only on RMAH

    Quote Originally Posted by DoxieVon View Post
    D3 is a linch pin economy(i'm making **** up). The rarest and most in demand items will set the value of everything else. These economy makers, are likely to be exclusively sold on the RMAH. Everyone will be trying to convert ingame items into RMAH $ to get these items without having to spend actual money from their pocket books. The most accessible way to do that is to sell gold on the RMAH. So everyone will be trying to Sell gold on the RMAH, and few people will be trying to buy it, meaning that 99.9% of people wont beable to sell enough gold to make enough $ to buy those economy makers. Which means they will have to go other routes, like farming other items that are sellable on the RMAH.
    "So everyone will be trying to Sell gold on the RMAH, and few people will be trying to buy it, meaning that 99.9% of people wont beable to sell enough gold to make enough $ to buy those economy makers. Which means they will have to go other routes, like farming other items that are sellable on the RMAH."

    This statement, as a whole, is true.This is why, i real life, there are CLASSES.Most are common workers (farmers), some are middle-class lawyers, doctors, small scale investors (the low level trader with one account in D3) few are filthy rich, like bankers, big company owners, large-scale investors (the multiple-account trader in D3).

    However..."99.9% of people wont beable to sell enough gold to make enough $ to buy those economy makers" ? Are you for real ? Yes, alot of people won't be able to sell enough gold (and those will be the farmers...i hardly think 99.9% of the players will be farmers ONLY) but enough will, because, you see...MOST Diablo 3 players will be CASUAL (the ones who work IRL and can't play alot of time).They will be the VAST majority (around 70% of the players) and they will be the middle-class in Diablo 3.They will be the buyers (i am not stating that all will buy, but a lot will).

    The game economy will DIE in 3 days after release if 99.9% of the players who sell gold won't be able to sell anough to buy the economy makers (most likely the gems).What will be the POINT of making gold (farming or trading or selling items in GAH) IF 99.9% will be UNABLE to buy the economy markers?

    In a developed country, the middle-class (the spenders that keep the economy afloat and stable) MUST be at leat 30% of the population cumulating 60% of the income and 70% from total sales value on that country, otherwise the economy will decay, the buying power will decay and the currency will be worthless.

    With over 5 million players, Diablo 3 CANNOT have 99.9% of the players SELLERS and 0.01% BUYERS.It will MOST likely have a "middle-class" larger than 50% (RMAH is zone based, so it will pick up the zone RL prosperity).Out of, let's say 2,000,000 players in the EU, about 80% will be in West EU (rich countries) while 20% in East EU (poorer countries).Here, you have 20 % gold sellers (tho not ALL from East EU are poor IRL lol) and 80% gold buyers (tho not all in west EU are rich...but most are rich enough to afford spending 10 euros / month).

    Same with NA (most from USA, Canada, Australia, few from Mexico, Phillipines).

    So, while the statement is true ( not all will be able to sell as much gold to make enough $) the percentage is FAR lower than 99.9%.It will be in the lines of 70% that won't be able to sell enough gold to make enough $.

    But, guess what...those 70% will have to choose to farm or BUY gold.Being "middle-class" they will primarily choose to BUY gold.
    In other words...ENOUGH people will sell ENOUGH gold to keep the economy afloat, stable and working.



  10. #30
    Awaiting user confirming email address
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    302

    Re: Gold Only on RMAH

    Quote Originally Posted by DoxieVon View Post
    True True. And its very possable that I am underestimateing the player consumption of gold. However I know what blizzard expects players to do and what they usually do arnt always the same. I also know that EVERYONE will have gold drops, not everyone will buy into these gold sinks. I also know that alot of gold sinks are a one time thing. To max BS and JC levels, it only takes like 640,000 gold or something. Now you can waste close to infinite on crafting actual items... but that might be more limited by mat supply that gold. I just dont think gold will be the bottleneck their hoping it will be, or that it needs to be to have significant effect on RMAH... at least in the long term economy. Gold will sell like crazy the first few weeks/months.
    Another way to look at it is, if a player wants something that is listed only the GAH but he has no gold, but he does have some money in his bnet balance, he will buy the gold and purchase the item/mats from GAH.

    Casual players who are not playing for profit will not care about spending money they have made in game on there bnet balance to purchase gold allowing them purchase what they want from the other market.

    Have faith in blizzard, I'm sure they have had many people to test all this for countless hours.
    After all this talk of making gold viable, they can't let it turn into another D2 where gold was worthless.



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •