Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

View Poll Results: Are you in favor of monthly fees?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'd rather pay a moderate amount every month for regularly updated content and support

22 30.56%
  • No, the game itself is fine the way it is and the current level of support should be sufficient.

50 69.44%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Diablo: IncGamers Member cozuya's Avatar

Would you want to pay monthly subscription fees if it meant more content and support?

Haven't seen much discussion of this sort of thing lately but the recent "end game" debate has made me wonder what others think. Personally I would be strongly in favor of this and am somewhat surprised it didn't happen. I would love to see new areas, items, and content features added to the game on a regular basis without expansions, and presumably stricter patrolling of botting, duping and exploiting. Though I can see the other side of the argument as well - and frankly, as is, people are going to go crazy if botting et al isn't taken care of immediately upon release. Thoughts?

IncGamers Member

Re: Would you want to pay monthly subscription fees if it meant more content and supp

Technically, the RMAH is the replacement for the monthly fee. Both would be excessive.

BattleTag Mick-1457

Re: Would you want to pay monthly subscription fees if it meant more content and supp

I'd rather just have expansions. I don't mind paying for content, but monthly fees don't guarantee me any new content.

IncGamers Member

No I like to pick up and play when I feel like it,subscriptions take that away no matter how cheap.I'm not against other ways of supporting a game like micro transactions that don't give gameplay advantages(I don't mid extra stash space and character slots) or like mentioned expansions.

You know I'm wondering if we will see multiple expansions like some other games have rather than just the one.

If we would get 3 Major patches a year then yea, I would like a sub, but that's hard to do in a game like D3, you cant add more content, the only thing you could add are items and random events, but I'm pretty sure we'll be getting regular new item patches to fuel the RMAH anyway ( which is not a bad thing, more items is always better ).
    @kavlor there are at least 2 Xpacs planed according to the leaked schedule we got like 2 years ago, and I think we'll get more then that.

IncGamers Member

No, I wouldn't. I'll buy expansions which might cost the same, but I won't pay (monthly) just to play the game.

IncGamers Member

I would pay $15 a month for 3 months, which is enough time to enjoy the game
    then I'd quit subscribing and quit playing

then 15 months later when an xpac comes out, I'd resubscribe for another 3 months

Banned

I would pay monthly, if they introduce a new event like ubertristram was in d2, every month. It should be mega hard and drop items that are exclusive only for the event...

If D3 instituted a subscription fee similar to WoW's system of $15 a month then I would end up passing up the game completely most likely. Similar to the reason I never picked up WoW, because it just wasn't worth it to be able to play one game for that charge, the purchase of its expansions were costs on top of that, so I doubt D3 would be any different if they did this.

i am fine with the 15 dollar fee for mmo games cause of the amount of content in them, diablo will have nothing close to wow levels of content so its not worth 15 bucks. i might be willing to pay 5 bucks a month to get a "premium server" that would include a fee minor things like more stash space and higher character limit. on top of the better lag and only playing with other premium users of course