Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Come in and rate the class skills!

Come in and join the fun! We have started a little project that were hoping to get a lot more people to participate in. All you have to do is click on the spreadsheet link below, add your name to one of the columns, and go down the list rating what you think of each skill on a scale of 1 to 5. Different people are taking the ratings a little differently but don't worry about it, just rate them however make sense to you. At the bottom of the sheet, there are different tabs with fun charts showing the overall ratings of each class and of every skill. The more data we get the more interesting the charts are so were hoping to get a decent group to put in their ratings. Here's the sheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...k9jSTEzUHkzOWc

Thanks a ton to Capt Goodman for putting that together!

And Varquynne has put together this cool script that shows the data in a different format:

http://public.tableausoftware.com/vi...Overallratings

Here is the original post from me that accidentally started this if you're curious, but it's pretty but obsolete now. :P

Spoiler

Last edited by yovargas; 14-04-2012 at 22:22.

Re: A bored nerd super-scientifically rates the classes

Hunh, that's an interesting way to go about rating classes even if it's not very scientific :P. And since I am obsessed about this game, I shall make doing this my project this evening :P.

My ratings:

Barbarian: 3.5
    Demon Hunter: 3.25
    Monk: 3.25
    Witch Doctor: 3.8
    Wizard: 3.9

My results are of course, quite subjective as I rated the skills based on how well I thought they epitomised the particular fantasy which each class is selling as well as how 'good' the skill actually was. I also only looked at the base effect. Maybe I'll do this again sometime taking runes into consideration.

Even highest score (Wizard) is only 0.65 ahead of the two lowest-scoring classes, and really, grading each and every skill has given me a new appreciation for how well-designed each one is.

Last edited by z00t; 13-04-2012 at 04:17.

yova, i am reading this late and i must sleep now but i will give you my rankings tomorrow......assuming you still give a damn that is. ummm i like z00t idea....post reserved

barb 3.05
    Wiz 2.57
    WD 2.57
    DH 2.52
    Monk 2.48

Last edited by Apocalypse; 13-04-2012 at 00:00.

BattleTag cozmic0-1632

Hmm... if someone really has plenty of spare time, perhaps made a shared spreadsheet with all class tabs listing all their skills and column for personal score? That way people that want to can input their personal score for each skills then automatically calculated within the document.

Having said that though, I found that giving score for every skills to be tricky as the 5 rune effects really change everything and rubs a different feel to me, so depending on runes a single skill can be my most or least favorite :S

IncGamers Member

I made a spreadsheet but how would I share it?

possible mail to flux? maybe he can put it out there for you?

i will do this tonight for sure just cause, diablo 3 lol. before i do it i am going to list the character 1-5 on how i feel i will play them in order then i will do this. be interesting to see how it changes. i am going to consider all skill runes though on mine

IncGamers Member

Did you put it on Google Docs or in Excel, if it's in Docs you can just make it public to everyone and post a link to it here.

Edit: I'm making a Doc spreadsheet we can all use to input our info on, and it'll pop out some cool charts to show preferences. (I'm bored at work)

Edit 2: Here it is. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApH7NL-IyXeudDBHSFozTFF4R055Wk9jSTEzUHkzOWc

You can input your preferences for classes you've used, and leave others blank if you don't feel knowledgeable enough to rank them (like me). Rank them on a scale of 1-5 and your input will be displayed on the charts on the separate tabs, along with the rest of the community. I'll add more columns in, if needed down the road.

Last edited by Capt Goodman; 12-04-2012 at 17:49.

BattleTag Halfsoul-2361

Yovargas...mate you need to take a break from Diablo3. Your threads are mostly about how bored you are lol :d

Believe me if you work out every day that will keep you busy and fit also read some books or learn a language(I am learning arabic atm) and of course give the attention your wife/GF needs because the 15th next month hell will almost certainly break loose

IncGamers Member

I think my hard work deserves one bump at least :P

IncGamers Member

Woohoo! Thanks, Cap! I'll come back to that in a bit.

And Sulle - nothing seems to break my D3 obsession. But I'm actually off to the gym right now............adios!