Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Re: Days until someone full clear Inferno

Barring some completely broken gameplay mechanic in inferno? Day 3 (at the maximum), inferno cleared. Probably more like day 2.

The D2 dev team said the same BS about hell difficulty.

BattleTag cozmic0-1632

As we're predicting on the earliest inferno clear, I figured the winner should be closest date without going over.... (OP Updated)

edit: @Eeryck We're going only with full days, so I put you down as 6 unless you want otherwise :P

Last edited by cozmiccc; 12-04-2012 at 05:30.

BattleTag Eeryck-1961

I say it will take about 128 hours, or 5.3 days. I am giving 8-hours per act on average.

This will be done by an uber-guild with at least 40-people working towards it just to pass the gear checks. So total playtime for one person to clear inferno is (assuming only 12-hour shifts) 40 people * 12 hours/day * 5.3days = 2544 hours = 106 days (a bit less solo considering that you don't have to do normal through hell 20 times)

So yeah solo roughly 3-months for a full clear. Or uber guild 5.3 days.

5.3 days, lock it in.

IncGamers Member

Nine days.

IncGamers Member

4 days. I made sure I have nothing going on the first week d3 is out and plan on clearing inferno as fast as I can. I really question how hard inferno really will be. Previous to the inferno changes devs kept saying how hard it was going to be and the video showed really bad players either dying out of pure stupidity or just on purpose. Then they changed inferno to make it *harder* ... so I don't put much faith in what they have been saying about it. Hey, if it does take longer then 4 days I will be very surprised and if it takes even longer than 2 weeks... well color me impressed.

IncGamers Member

I'm going for the mid-high end, saying 85 days to clear Soft-Core Inferno. This is calendar days from release, not actual play time. I expect several days of down-time due to bugs, patches, and server issues. Also I expect Blizzard to have issues with the drop rate mechanics, making the high end items take longer to drop(a LOT longer) and farm. Eventually a group will build enough high end gear to finally clear it. The best gear won't be available on the RMAH because the players will be keeping it for themselves instead of selling it, until Inferno is cleared. Normal and Nightmare will both be cleared much quicker. Blizzard will have over-hyped the difficulty of the levels, but players will have to wait for bug fixes on higher difficulties, in order to progress. The drop rate combined with the small number of players good enough to reach and survive Inferno will mean that the (useful) gear pool will be very small at first. Reaching level 60 will be a lot easier than getting the needed drops, IMHO.

I'd be glad to be proven wrong, of course.

3 days easily (from release)
    later with market saturated with good items, much faster

IncGamers Member

1 day for act1 norm - act 4 hell
    1 day to clear inferno

so 2 days

13 days without the use of bugs/glitches which someone will inevitably find at launch.

BattleTag cozmic0-1632

OP Updated.

Just to clarify, we're going with calendar days here not game time...