Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

New Level 50 Gear & Brief Analysis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg1FlyYxDvE

A level 45 item can add 165 stat points! A full set of level 21-50 gear adds almost 900 stat points to the character in this case. Quad-stat items exist (see shield). It looks like we're going to be seeing some high numbers on our character screens.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comme...rief_analysis/

BattleTag Chaboi-1594

Re: New Level 50 Gear & Brief Analysis

Yea, there has been speculation about skills and their OPness. We don't really know anything until the item information is released..will be crazy though to see how you can additively and multiplicativly create massively damaging skills/builds with the correct gear

BattleTag blackdeath 2100

im a bit dissapoint in the affixes, shouldnt we get more variation?

Quote Originally Posted by isak viking View Post
    This. Hopefully the video is kinda old. The DH one certainly was, considering that the narrator was commenting about Shadow power giving you attack speed.. Which was months ago.

And still, they said many months ago that the only remaining changes they'll be focusing on are the servers, skill system/runes and item affixes and items in general (art, drop rates etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by isak viking View Post
    Look at the possible affixes that can spawn on this weapon for example (affixes tab below the tooltip): http://diablonut.incgamers.com/item/titan-axe

Check out other items in the database as well. Most affixes made it from D2, so I don't think item variation will be a problem.

BattleTag Hakmon-1219

Quote Originally Posted by HardRock View Post
    Look at the possible affixes that can spawn on this weapon for example (affixes tab below the tooltip): http://diablonut.incgamers.com/item/titan-axe

Check out other items in the database as well. Most affixes made it from D2, so I don't think item variation will be a problem.
    Most, but still some interesting ones missing as far as I can tell. To name a few:

- Prevent Monster Heal
    - Slain Monsters Rest in Peace
    - Chance to Cast when Struck/on Striking
    - Ignore Target's Defense
    - Freezes Target (D3 has chance to chill, but I think that's more like a slow)

Chance to Cast items especially has potential for some really cool builds, because of the way they work with synergies. Some of my favourite items are the ones that allow for completely unique/new builds. You can tailor a build around some items: Earth Shifter, Phoenix, Oath...

Well, maybe they're saving CtC for the expansion

BattleTag Mick-1457

This is pretty cool. I like how they have mods specific to each weapon type.

Quote Originally Posted by Snerra View Post
    Prevent Monster Heal
    Prevent Monster Heal may not make sense in D3. So far, no monsters had natural HP regen. We'll see if this changes later in the game.

Slain Monsters Rest in Peace
    Again, it would be useless probably. We haven't seen any monsters so far that interact with corpses.

Ignore Target's Defense
    Defense was Dodge in D2. I don't think that many monsters will have Dodge in D3. In the beta, only the Ghastly Gravediggers have this ability. We do have ways to make monsters more vulnerable to damage though, mostly with skills. However, the Wizard can use fire and cold damage from items for this purpose as well, with the Cold Blooded and Conflagration passives.

Freezes Target (D3 has chance to chill, but I think that's more like a slow)
    There's a chance to freeze affix as well.

Chance to Cast items especially has potential for some really cool builds, because of the way they work with synergies. Some of my favourite items are the ones that allow for completely unique/new builds. You can tailor a build around some items: Earth Shifter, Phoenix, Oath...
    I very much liked these items as well, but they wouldn't blend well with D3's skill system. They're also a designer's worst balance nightmare I imagine.

BattleTag Mick-1457

I'm kind of surprised there is no +% chance of health globe mod on items, but maybe they tried it already and it was difficult to balance.

Prevent Monster Heal may not make sense in D3. So far, no monsters had natural HP regen. We'll see if this changes later in the game.
    I think that in higher difficulties most monsters will have some sort of life regen

Again, it would be useless probably. We haven't seen any monsters so far that interact with corpses.
    Fallen Shaman?

I very much liked these items as well, but they wouldn't blend well with D3's skill system. They're also a designer's worst balance nightmare I imagine.
    I agree I can't see how this could work in Diablo 3.