Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Endgame/Inferno more WoW like?

Would you like that the encounters in Inferno are more like WoW raids?

Need for specific classes that do the right thing in the right moment?

I hope so

BattleTag Mick-1457

Re: Endgame/Inferno more WoW like?

No. Encounters in inferno are soloable.

BattleTag unmoses-1864

I personally would not like specifics, but I would like more tactical. *shrug* I imagine they'll be similar to d2 but with better damage output pacing

IncGamers Member

I would like them to be "WoW like" in the sense that they are scripted, with multiple phases, and requires more strategy than normal enemies, adjusting to their attacks, environment etc.

Certainly not in the sense that they would require a group though.

this a troll thread? cant tell. its not a mmo so why force people to group and play characters a certain way? want to know your role in d3? dps. the other 3 players? dps. now go kill ****

Quote Originally Posted by ShadoutMapes View Post
    I would like them to be "WoW like" in the sense that they are scripted, with multiple phases, and requires more strategy than normal enemies, adjusting to their attacks, environment etc.
    I think this is one area where WoW excelled in and they made the PvE game much more fun, so I would like to see complex encounters like this as well.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Haifischsuppe View Post
    Would you like that the encounters in Inferno are more like WoW raids? Need for specific classes that do the right thing in the right moment? I hope so
    Need for specific classes ? No it doesn't make sense, and it would be the cause of an unprecedented uproar from players against Blizzard.

Need to do the right thing in the right moment? Yeah for fixed events, Act bosses it will probably be the case. With WoW they experimented will a lot of condition to be able to complete PvE in raid environnement.

I can imagine some fight where you will need to do a burst damage to clean adds/a zone/a trigger. Like Kel'thas shield from burning crusade, or just make a boss spawn 3 adds with X HP linked between them every minutes protecting the boss, meaning if you can't deal X damage in a minute you will not be able to damage the boss. The 3 adds may have different stats making a specific class want to focus on one of them because their health is shared and he deals more damage per minute to one of them.

IncGamers Member

Being forced to group to play endgame would actually be the only thing that would make me dislike the game.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by HardRock View Post
    I think this is one area where WoW excelled in and they made the PvE game much more fun, so I would like to see complex encounters like this as well.
    Funny thing is that the encounters weren't even complex, but when you add enough moving parts someone always tends to **** up. Then they are designed in a fashion that one dead will cause a chain reaction and that's a wipe.

It would be very hard to use similar technique to make D3 end game challenging with a 4 player cap.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Haifischsuppe View Post
    Would you like that the encounters in Inferno are more like WoW raids?

Need for specific classes that do the right thing in the right moment?
    No on both, if I wanted a WoW clone I'd... well, I wouldn't want a WoW clone. If I wanted to I'd go and play WoW again. I don't want.