Sign up for mafia here, this game will be Role Madness which means:
* Everyone (or almost everyone )* has a power role. the definition of power role is not vanillia townie. This game is going to also try and not include "French Vanillia" quasi power roles (Such as Masons with no other power)
* As such there will be custom roles, no I'm not gonna tell you what they are.
* Okay I'll tell you one as it's important and the centeral theme. The aim of the game is to Kill the Dark one, an evil spirit thats going to end the world, he works through his sect or cult, and he is a dreaming god (http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Dreaming_God) Because I like the role and have never got to use it. Anyway the BM if I didn't tell you part is this: If he dies, he flips as a random cultists role then possess that player, living on. So basically you still have to Nix all the mafia, and taking him out will only remove a random mafia role and switch control of his powers. This is subject to change let me know your thoughts on this
EDIT: Revision: As per CGs suggestion, the dreams are a factional abilility and a prioirty will occur
* The game's theme is generic fantasy: Knights, Wizards, Paladins and stuff
* Even though the mafia is called a Cult, they are not a cult, they don't try to recruit everyone, cults (mechanic) is silly)
Alright, I'm in! Maybe you can give a further explanation of the flip a random cultist role then possess that player. I guess these are my questions in order:
Does the dreaming god role start as a mafia?
The role that the dreaming god flips, the person that has that role then becomes the dreaming god? So say, Mafia #1 is dreaming god, he is lynched and flips roleblocker (Mafia #2's role for this example). Mafia #2 is now the dreaming god and the roleblocker role is removed?
Can the dreaming god role ever be transfered to a townie?
2. Yeah, I guess a better way of saying it would be the moment before his death he role thiefs a random member of the mafia (or cult, their in world flavor name), thus switching his roles. The dark one would die as the other persons role, and live on as them, unless this is impossible, in which the cult lose. This I think is necessary for flavor as without the evil spirit the cult would lose it's evil ways (and balance, as the cult lose if the dark one dies...lucky day 1 lynch:P). What I'm debating on is what he flips as, and if he totally overwrites the role he possesses.
Example: RlyehExiled was Lynched he was Mafia Switch
or: RlyehExiled was Lynched he was Possessed by the Dark one
Or even: Rlyehexiled was lynched he was Mafia Switch (Dark one Possessed)
3. Prehaps, Prehaps not. He functions as a role in every other way so his dream powers can be blocked, his death switch trigger can't be. As for if roles speicifcally interact with him, who knows.
Disclaimer: This post neither confirms nor deny's the existance of a switch, mafia or otherwise.
Edit: If he didn't totally overwrite the role, I think he should weaken it, like changing a constant effect into X-shot. Chances are he'll just complety switch over though.
Yes, that makes sense now, I guess it will still need some work on the details for example if the Sk targets the dark one or a rolethief targets the dark one, but I'm sure you'll work that out beforehand, it is your game afterall. Either way, looking forward to the game.