Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member

Bowazon 1.13 PVM, Hell Viable?

I've just recently started playing diablo II again after a few year hiatus, and I'm wondering: Is a PVM Bowazon really worthwhile in hellmode? I once played a Javazon fully decked in all manner of things including thunderstroke, tgods and valkyrie helm, and as amazing as it was, it was purely lightning damage, which means a good quarter of hell mode thinks you're a silly person flashing an LED at them.

So I'm wondering, Are bowzons good? Can they perform well in hell? (i.e. solo bosses) If so.. any guide recommendations?

IncGamers Member

Re: Bowazon 1.13 PVM, Hell Viable?

They're good, though not against bosses. Strafers do very well in areas such as pits ( for example )

Frost arrow zons are pretty good too.

IncGamers Site Pal crawlingdeadman's Avatar

i recomend this guide. it has the power of a javazon with a very strong bow backup. in reality, once you get really nice gear you can play either jav or bow or mix it up with both. with poorer gear, i recomend focusing gear on bow side and then having CS for bosses (bow's great weakness).

My Strafe zon with an up'd riphook and other slow gear(which are cheap) make bosses look silly. Slap on Atma's scarab and it's quite hell viable. May want insight on merc cause you'd likely run out of mana agaisnt bosses. It's the only thing I found that makes the Arreat Summit fight easy to manage with a bowa.

Then it comes down to stacking up the damage charms and getting stuff like fort. It may not be no WF/Faith combo crap or w/e, but it's an awsome support character.

Mavinas Set works well for soling Hell too!

Peace