Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Buying pc for d3 need advice

As stated above im looking for a pc that can play diablo3 on high settings but i got a low budget of 350-400 so im not lookiong for a godlike pc to play games like battlefield etc only d3 and starcraft etc.
    Any suggestions on whats good to buy.
    Please help.
    Thanks

Re: Buying pc for d3 need advice

Do you have an older computer you could use as base to upgrade some of the hardware? Or do you need every single piece including a monitor?

Banned

Buy something used from 2010. It should be ok.

http://www.techspot.com/guides/buying/page2.html

This was on kotaku the other day. It includes everything (monitor/peripherals). So if you have those, you can maybe upgrade a few of the parts to be slightly better.

I dont know what the pounds/euro translate to, but you might be able to afford this version which is better.

http://www.techspot.com/guides/229-d...ide/page3.html

IncGamers Member

Hey guys i just came across this system http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...d=2236&subcat=
    Only thing is that it does not come with an operating system so im tempted to buy windows 7 *i dont like downloading*
    But please check the specs and tell me if its good for diablo3.

BattleTag RyTEK-1818

You are in luck, D3 can be maxed on a very meager setup. Can you build it yourself?

If so, just go to tomshardware and check out the "Best Gaming CPU of Mar 2012" and "Best Gaming GPU of Mar 2012", then check out the "below $100 USD" and "$100 to $150 USD" pages. Then match the corresponding mobo, RAM, and PSU based upon reviews at tomshardware, HardOCP, and anandtech.

Using the above method, I built a budget PC for my father-in-law for $410 USD (minus Win7 key) that runs D3 beta at 1080p with AA full maxed. I was also running Skyrim maxed before I handed the machine off to him.

If you can't build a PC yourself, follow the other guys tips, but try to learn how to build one soon. I'd wager a $500 self-build can go head to head with most $700 to $1000 pre-built rigs, if not even higher.

D3 Amazon &
    Demon Hunter Moderator
    BattleTag Dacar92-1368

Quote Originally Posted by Hideo View Post
    Buy something used from 2010. It should be ok.
    Your sarcasm might be useful elsewhere.........

Rose: You're an alien? You sound like you're from the North.
    Doctor: LOTS of planets have a North!!!

BattleTag RyTEK-1818

Quote Originally Posted by kaoslol View Post
    Hey guys i just came across this system http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...d=2236&subcat=
    Only thing is that it does not come with an operating system so im tempted to buy windows 7 *i dont like downloading*
    But please check the specs and tell me if its good for diablo3.
    This will max D3 (perhaps w/o AA, but who cares). The G530 is considered the best $50 proc out there. I'm a little worried it may choke on battlefield though. Look for some G630 and G860s too... those will scale better with the video card. If you can get a core i3 2120 machine for around 360 pounds you'd really be in business.

P.S. VAT tax sucks!

For the price it sounds like a good deal to me. You'll be able to max out DIII. The CPU is an excellent value but it's not a very good gaming CPU, so it'll be good enough for DIII and SC2 but it'll struggle with more demanding games.

You can always build a pc cheaper than you can have one made, and if you budgeting you can always build better than what your gonna get premade.

Its absolutely easy to build your own too, all the products come with manuals that explain step for step how to install and get them working. There is also a gazillion guides on the internet you can look over prior to doing anything.

After buying a couple pcs, in 2004 i just decided enough was enough with the price gouging. I built my own pc and spent what I would have to buy one built. It was a beast compared to what I would have gotten and it took me maybe 3 hours to put it together. It took me maybe another hour to tweak it a bit once it booted up. It is not rocket science, and once you do it once, you will realize how dumb it is to buy one premade.

My links and the other person had some Tom's Hardware links that you can litterally just buy those pieces and put them together. It's also alot more fun when you build it yourself and you feel like you accomplished something.