Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member

2 CPUs vs 1 CPUs : Can I run it

I have : Genuine Intel(R) CPU 2160 @ 1.80GHz

Minimum is : Intel Pentium D 2.8 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+

So... can I run it ?

Is it correct to say I have 2 CPUs at 1.80 Ghz each and minimum is 1 CPU at 2.8 Ghz.Or do I have 2 CPUs for a total of 1.80Ghz ?

IncGamers Member

Re: 2 CPUs vs 1 CPUs : Can I run it

Quote Originally Posted by Shaco View Post
    I have : Genuine Intel(R) CPU 2160 @ 1.80GHz

Minimum is : Intel Pentium D 2.8 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+

So... can I run it ?

Is it correct to say I have 2 CPUs at 1.80 Ghz each and minimum is 1 CPU at 2.8 Ghz.Or do I have 2 CPUs for a total of 1.80Ghz ?

Genuine Intel(R) CPU 2160 @ 1.80GHz

From the word CPU you can understand you only have one, there are not dual cpu's, but dual core ones. Yes, you will be able to run it, maybe with low physics.

This is a dual core processor not hyper-threaded. It's not a good gaming CPU, it has a poor L2 cache. Without knowing your video card it'll be tough to say for sure if you can run the game or not. But I can already tell you that this CPU will bottleneck the rest of the system no matter how good your video card is.

You can't simply multiply 1.8Ghz by 2 and compare it to another type of CPU. That being said, your dual core e2160 is actually slightly better than the minimum requirement (Intel Pentium D 2.8 GHz).

IncGamers Member

Of course; two cores, not two cpus. Thanks for your answers. Rest of my system is above the min requirements so I guess I should be fine. Would testing the beta guarantee the full game will run smoothly?

BattleTag Diab-1350

Quote Originally Posted by Shaco View Post
    Of course; two cores, not two cpus. Thanks for your answers. Rest of my system is above the min requirements so I guess I should be fine. Would testing the beta guarantee the full game will run smoothly?
    More or less, yes. They have the same system requirements and the release game will actually be more optimized than the beta is, so if you can run the beta fine, you will be able to run the release game definitely.