Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Next week will be the last beta patch

Next week will likely be the last major beta patch before the game goes gold. This patch will be very important as it is Blizzards last attempt through the beta to help ease concerns about ongoing issues.

Specifically, it will be interesting to see if they make any adjustments to:

1.) Skill / Rune UI - Many people still do not like it, or find it clunky.
    2.) Auction House - I personally feel that this should be accessible in game. The UI and menu options for it still feel very clunky and "betaish".
    3.) Performance Issues - I am personally still experiencing rubber-banding. I know many on the b.net forums are complaining about lag and various other issues.
    4.) Will they change the skills progression yet again? 30 something days before the game drops, do they feel that changes still need to be made in this area?

I suppose the list could go on, however I am fairly confidant looking at their patch cycle times that this next patch will be their last major one. I assume the beta servers will go down 2-3 weeks before the game launches as this is usually common practice.

The game feels smooth, in its limited capacity, however there is always room for improvement!

BattleTag Chaboi-1594

Re: Next week will be the last beta patch

They need to decrease the spirit costs of monk skills

I do enjoy the monk. I like the fast-paced, melee dps classes. I do believe the Barb is better tho! =]

BattleTag Brokenstorm-1880

It doesn't matter when the games goes gold anymore.
    If they want Blizzard could release 1 patch per week for the next month and combine them all in a Day 1 patch.

And I agree with 3. I still get major FPS drops the first time I use a skill or load an asset. The only way i managed to fix it was to play from a RamDisk.

Unfortunately, I think that the skills, as is, is final.

The only thing that really disappoints me is the WD's Corpse Spiders :P. I miss them being stronger and not needing so much of a time requirement standing there and spamming :P.

EDIT: Also, what makes you say next week is the last patch for beta? :O

IncGamers Site Pal
    Diablo 3 Beta Tester
    BattleTag Bowzer -1925

If anything, the weeks leading into launch should see more frequent patching.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooks View Post
    Next week will likely be the last major beta patch before the game goes gold. This patch will be very important as it is Blizzards last attempt through the beta to help ease concerns about ongoing issues.
    Source?

1.) Skill / Rune UI - Many people still do not like it, or find it clunky.
    I sincerely hope this is true.

2.) Auction House - I personally feel that this should be accessible in game. The UI and menu options for it still feel very clunky and "betaish".
    The functionality is there, but it still has lots of issues, especially in how information is presented to the player.

3.) Performance Issues - I am personally still experiencing rubber-banding. I know many on the b.net forums are complaining about lag and various other issues.
    Yeah, rubberbanding got worse in the latest patches, it's annoying as hell. Also, more assets should be pre-loaded when the game loads for the first time. The first few minutes of gameplay can be a lagfest for people with slow HDDs (me ).

4.) Will they change the skills progression yet again? 30 something days before the game drops, do they feel that changes still need to be made in this area?
    In case of the DH, I hope so. Risingred created a thread about a difficulty spike the DH may encounter early in the game: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4365748308

Changing the skill progression for the DH is one way of solving this issue, without affecting the difficulty of the game for the other classes.

Diablo: IncGamers Member cozuya's Avatar

I think there's still major balance issues that need to be worked out prior to release, specifically WD Soul Harvest (and general problems with the WD which makes him almost "manaless"), DH preparation+punishment (theorycrafting), lots of skills and runes that flat out will never be used in any build ever, etc.

What really concerns me is resource management in regards to runes. There are tons of runes that are like "make the cost of suchandsuch 4 less rage". WTF is the point of that if we're stacked with a bunch of +maximum rage items? Even in beta you can find things like "+1 maximum discipline" everywhere - level 60 gear is going to have tons of that stuff. In my opinion they clearly meant to make all 6 runes useful in that there's not "low level runes" that you automatically discard once you hit 60. In that case they need to be completely revamped.

Not to mention tons of bugs like music cutting out (that's been there for 2-3 patches) and some pretty bad rubberbanding still.

That's hard to believe.

BattleTag Farxy-2729

i dont think we will se much more patches for beta in this stage maybe one more, but changes now you will see on the GAME GUIDE not beta !