Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BattleTag Eeryck-1961

RMAH Alternate Cash Out Option

I don't know if I have read anything that would prevent something like this from happening.

1. Assume you sell all your items and take Blizzard Balance instead of Paypal option.
    2. You build your Blizzard Balance to say $15
    3. Now you want to cash out
    4. Post Epic sword of grey terribleness for $15 buy it now option
    5. Pay Blizzard their cut when you buy out your own auction with your Blizzard Balance
    6. Pay PayPal their cut
    7. Profit (albeit less than what you would have gotten for just picking paypal the first time)

Does that work?

Awaiting user confirming email address

Re: RMAH Alternate Cash Out Option

Epic sword of grey terribleness loool what you been smokin bro xD

BattleTag ChaosMagika-2981

Or you could just sell your balance for bitcoins, or skip the rmah altogether.

Strange new world we live in
    I give it 3 months max, these are the end times
    PS: I told you so

Quote Originally Posted by Eeryck View Post
    I don't know if I have read anything that would prevent something like this from happening.

1. Assume you sell all your items and take Blizzard Balance instead of Paypal option.
    2. You build your Blizzard Balance to say $15
    3. Now you want to cash out
    4. Post Epic sword of grey terribleness for $15 buy it now option
    5. Pay Blizzard their cut when you buy out your own auction with your Blizzard Balance
    6. Pay PayPal their cut
    7. Profit (albeit less than what you would have gotten for just picking paypal the first time)

Does that work?
    While this sure will work, you end up paying 32.25% taxes instead of 15% since you have to get your item sold 2 times (they are multiplicative). While this is a good option for commodities (they will not sell for enough to be worth cashing out instantly), I strongly advise not doing this with higher priced items as it will take a lot of profit out of it (tax wise) and it might end up that cashing out right away takes less profit from the sale.

BattleTag Eeryck-1961

Quote Originally Posted by Enlil View Post
    Epic sword of grey terribleness loool what you been smokin bro xD
    I don't smoke anything, that was sarcasm that should have worked even through the interwebs where there are extreme sarcasm filters. In layman's terms I was saying post a grey item up with what ever ammount of money you had in Blizzard Bucks you wanted to transfer out to paypal

Quote Originally Posted by Pheal View Post
    While this sure will work, you end up paying 32.25% taxes instead of 15% since you have to get your item sold 2 times (they are multiplicative). While this is a good option for commodities (they will not sell for enough to be worth cashing out instantly), I strongly advise not doing this with higher priced items as it will take a lot of profit out of it (tax wise) and it might end up that cashing out right away takes less profit from the sale.
    Yeah taxes schmaxes. I was just curious on the outside chance that I ever did make any money in this game that I wanted to take out. Everything will go to Blizzard bucks for me all the time. But if at some point in my Diablo career I ever had say $100-$200 Blizzard bucks just sitting around I might want to cash it out even if it is at a higher "tax" rate and go buy a candy bar or something.

@Pheal

Are you talking about Blizzard/PayPal's fees, or regional government taxes (or income tax)? I know Blizzard is going to charge $1.25 per auction, but I am not aware of what PayPal will be charging.

IncGamers Member

Until we know the paypal fees, the cost or benefit of this process will remain unknown...

Of course, you probably can't buy your own item - You'll probably have to use a trusted friend or something.

IncGamers Member

PP have 2.9% + 0.30 $ per transaction.

You have 2 accounts.So, if you do, let's say 10 microtransction worth 15 $ and choose to send them all to PP account, you will pay:
    -0.30 $ x 10 transactions = 3 $
    PLUS
    -2,9% x 1,5 $ x 10 transactions = 0.435 $
    TOTAL = 3,435 $

Now, if you send all 15 $ to bnet.balance then buy a crap for 15 $, sold by your second account, you will pay :
    -15% goes to Blizzard
    PLUS
    -0.30$ PP fixed fee
    PLUS
    -2,9% x 15 $ = 0.435 $
    TOTAL = 2,25 $ + 0.30 $ + 0.435 $ = 2.985 $

Assuming 200 $ now with 133 microtransactions :
    -0.30 x 133 transactions = 39.9 $
    PLUS
    -2,9% x 1,5 x 133 = 5.7855 $
    TOTAL = 39,9 $ + 5,7855 $ = 45.6855 $

Now, sell one item from sec. accound for 200 $ :
    -15% goes to Blizz
    PLUS
    -0.30 $
    PLUS
    -2,9% x 200 $ = 5,8 $
    TOTAL = 30 $ + 0.30 $ + 5,8 $ = 36.1 $

So, yes, it will be worth doing it.

IncGamers Member

Items on RMAH have a 1.25$ fee, not 15% fee, so the difference is actually much greater than what you listed.

If I really have to pay paypal 0.3c for every microtransaction I probably won't be using the RMAH much at all, or at least use my brother's account to cache out if that method indeed proves to be safe.

BattleTag FizzyBubbly-1527

I believe your calculations have not taken the correct data into account.

PayPal: 2.9% on total sale amount + $0.30
    RMAH:
    --15% on Gold and Crafting Materials
    --$1.25 on Items
    GAH:
    --15% Across all transaction types

Recalculating your scenario

"You have 2 accounts.So, if you do, let's say 10 microtransction worth 15 $ and choose to send them all to PP account, you will pay:"
    -I assume each transaction will be for $1.50 and it was for either gold or crating mats
    -From this blizzard will take their 15% transaction fee: 1.50 * .85 = 1.275 sent to paypal
    -Paypal receives 1.27
    -Paypal takes fee: (1.27 *.971) - .30 = $0.93
    -$0.93 is deposited in account, this happens 9 more times for a total of 10 transactions equal to $9.30 total in account
    -This amounts to $5.70 in total fees-

** If these transactions where for items it would not be worth it to post them on the RMAH because of the $1.25 fee

"Now, if you send all 15 $ to bnet.balance then buy a crap for 15 $, sold by your second account, you will pay :"
    -Still assuming the transactions are for Gold or Craft Mats
    -Each transaction listed for 1.50, Blizz takes 15%, total sent to blizz account #1 = $12.75
    -Remember Items have a 1.25 fee!!!
    You then buy white item listed by blizz-acnt#2 for $12.75 with blizz-acnt#1(remember items come with a $1.25 fee on RMAH)
    -Blizz takes 1.25 from $12.75 = $11.50 to be sent to paypal from second account.
    -Paypal receives 11.50
    -Paypal takes fees 2.9% + .30, (11.50*.971) - .30 = $10.86 total left in paypal account
    -This amounts to $4.14 in fees-

>> You had the right idea just some of the fees where misused.

Note#1:

The basic idea is that you are bypassing the multiple $0.30 fee every time paypal is receiving a transaction however this only works if the $1.25 fee is less then the amount you would pay to have the multiple transactions go through to paypal.

-For example: 1.25/.30= 4.16 transactions, This means that if the total $15 where originally sold between 4 transactions the use of the second account wouldn't be needed and in the end cost you more in fees.

Lets Test:

Again assuming in Gold or Craft Mats
    -Each transaction listed for $3.75
    -Blizz takes 15%, Paypal takes 2.9% + .30, 3.75*.85 = $3.18 sent to paypal, ($3.18*.971)-.30= $2.78/transaction
    -4*2.78 = $11.12 total in paypal account(which is more then if you had used your second account)

So What is the main point when considering using a second account?

The use of the second account should be determined by how many transactions you are looking to make. If you plan on making many many micro transactions at least 200 transactions ($60/.30) for this is how many saved $.30 transactions you would have to make to cover the cost of the second Game Copy. Also remember you are limited to 10 transactions at a time/account.

Note#2:

Be aware that micro transactions that are of Items are restricted to the 1.25 fee. To come to at least $0.01 profit from the sale it would need to equal at minimum $1.57