Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Awaiting user confirming email address

Re: How I plan on making $1000 in the first month

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyYogurt View Post
    I bet there will be people who make $1000 per month for the first year, and possibly for the second year depending on how often patches are made and how soon PvP comes out.

Those people will be the botters who manage to keep from being banned, the people who share accounts to keep their characters farming 24 hours/day, the people who manage alternate auction websites, and the people who code and sell exploit/botting software.

Real players who think they will be able to make close to working wages off of playing this game the real way are on
    All of which will get banned, they need the AH to hold its value/lots of people using it or they will not make any money.
    I don't think blizzard have invested all that money into this game just to let some spotty virgin hackers to bring it to its knees.
    The warden system and blizz will keep an eye on everything, so real players can make some decent money.

IncGamers Member

Very few players will be dumb enough to spend any real money at the start. Even fewer would be stupid enough to spend such obscene amount of money. On the other hand, there will be many that are stupid enough to try rip such players off, and thus the one trying to rip them off the least will sell, meaning the potential profit you can make off of such players is practically nil.

People may be stupid, yeah, but not THAT stupid.

IncGamers Site Pal
    Diablo 3 Beta Tester
    BattleTag Bowzer -1925

Quote Originally Posted by Enlil View Post
    All of which will get banned, they need the AH to hold its value/lots of people using it or they will not make any money.
    Name me one rpg that has successfully thwarted botting.

Ever.

There is not one I agree, but D3 is different because of the RMAH.
    I stand my point the blizz will do everything they can to stop it and blizz have some very smart people working for them. If lots of people are botting it will destory the economy and the game, and blizz gets no money.

I think the warden system installs on your pc with the game and is always checking for bots and hacks running, so the hackers and botters will have 10X the trouble getting something working and undected plus warden will always be updated with the new bots and hacks.

Quote Originally Posted by galzohar View Post
    Very few players will be dumb enough to spend any real money at the start. Even fewer would be stupid enough to spend such obscene amount of money. On the other hand, there will be many that are stupid enough to try rip such players off, and thus the one trying to rip them off the least will sell, meaning the potential profit you can make off of such players is practically nil.

People may be stupid, yeah, but not THAT stupid.
    I think you'll be very suprised when you check the current bids on the RMAH on release day, people will buy.

I think you'll be very suprised when you check the current bids on the RMAH on release day, people will buy.
    Those crazy bids for crazy items will exist but don't be fooled by them, they're not real. Those will essentially be intentional-win shill bids, people who bid way higher on their own item than the real highest bidder, in hopes that they can set peoples' internal value of the item higher, then relist it the next day/week now that people think it's worth more than it is. Successfully doing so makes up for the loss from the extra bid, and then any extra is just extra stooge-sell profit. The funny part is that the buyer actually thinks they got a great deal compared to the last guy!

@Galzohar - Agreed, many more people will set ridiculously high prices than will actually pay ridiculously high prices. Unfortunately doing so will probably actually work for the sellers in cases where somebody has found a perfect/godly item early on in the game, one that hasn't been in the auction house much and so the price hasn't been established yet.

Last edited by FaultyYogurt; 06-04-2012 at 18:49.

BattleTag Eeryck-1961

I think the warden system installs on your pc with the game and is always checking for bots and hacks running, so the hackers and botters will have 10X the trouble getting something working and undected plus warden will always be updated with the new bots and hacks.
    The thing is that more and more hacks are running on remote machines now. If you look at the SC2 maphacks, they can all run on a separate machine on the same network reading the packets that blizzard can't detect.

I would not be surprised if there got to be fairly advanced bots that only read the packets (a separate machine on the same network) and fed an input to the box that was running the real version of the game. From the little I have read about hacking blizzard games, this seems to be the hardest to do but also the most successful over the long term and undetectable.

All that said I am no expert and may have misunderstood or mis-stated something I thought I understood.

This does not concern me, as I'll be a seller and not a buyer.
    Let them shill bid, I'll just under cut them. My item sells and there item does not

Last edited by Enlil; 06-04-2012 at 18:55.

IncGamers Member BohemianStalker's Avatar
    BattleTag Revan-2822

Quote Originally Posted by Bowzer View Post
    Name me one rpg that has successfully thwarted botting.

Ever.
    Guildwars

BattleTag Farxy-2729

first mistake you made was linking ur thread over @ diablofans ;-)

anyway, i dont belive you will have the chance of selling any gold for 20$, 10 min after the game is out the Price might be hige but not not near that high ( i think )

i hope you can read, chines becouse if its true that china starts 15 hours be4 US (8 be4 EU) you can get ALOT of intel from what ppl will be buying the first 7 hours ;-)