Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
    BattleTag FizzyBubbly-1527

Re: How I plan on making $1000 in the first month

No my minimum profit IS guaranteed. When I purchase a lien I purchase it for a specific interest rate which I WILL receive upon the owners redemption of the lien. Either way the point I was trying to make with the reference lost at this point. I'm not looking to make this a thread about the validity of how I make my living.

To put the thread back on track:

For the people planning to make a "living" or better then average profit from D3. How are you going to accomplish your monthly income goals? Can you quantify your assessments with estimations and analysis based on actual #s?

Sorry for errors, written from cell

Amazed how much attention this post got. Anyway...
    Quote Originally Posted by FizzyBubbly View Post
    For the people planning to make a "living" or better then average profit from D3. How are you going to accomplish your monthly income goals? Can you quantify your assessments with estimations and analysis based on actual #s?
    I'm personally not going to even try to make a living off of this and would suggest to most people to not get your hopes up on that. Doing so would probably not work, and wouldn't be fun either.

But to do better than the average, I'm going to frequent diablo3markets to use the various tools and information that's planned to be made available. And I'll use that information to have a better understanding of where to farm, what items sell and buy for what prices, and how to avoid making poor decisions. That way, all the decisions I make will be informed from data rather than conjecture or assumptions.

Last edited by FaultyYogurt; 18-04-2012 at 17:29. Reason: Made my wall of text less wallish

Awaiting user confirming email address

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyYogurt View Post
    Amazed how much attention this post got. Anyway...I'm personally not going to even try to make a living off of this and would suggest to most people to not get your hopes up on that. Doing so would probably not work, and wouldn't be fun either.

But to do better than the average, I'm going to frequent diablo3markets to use the various tools and information that's planned to be made available. And I'll use that information to have a better understanding of where to farm, what items sell and buy for what prices, and how to avoid making poor decisions. That way, all the decisions I make will be informed from data rather than conjecture or assumptions.
    Making a living i.e $1000 a month will be possible but it require full "no life mode" 16hr daily inferno farming sessions 7 days a week.
    Your average player is not going to have to time required or the skill "inferno is hard" to play for such long periods and not get lazy.

So the few that can do this will make a decent amount each month, but how many people are willing to shut down there entire social life, have the will power to play for 16hrs solid daily and do nothing but live and breath the game will be succesful.

I know people who made easy $1000 a month playing d2, selling to d2jsp.com amoung other sites and on ebay. Believe me its possible, you just have to dedicate yourself to it and have an optimistic attiude about it.

BattleTag Eeryck-1961

Quote Originally Posted by Enlil View Post
    Making a living i.e $1000 a month
    If you were working a regular full time job at $5.81 an hour you could make $1000 per month. (4.3weeks/month * 40 hours/week * $5.81 per hour) This is not making a living, this is living in poverty while playing a video game.

If this is the best that people expect to do by taking all the fun out of the game, then why try?

Quote Originally Posted by Eeryck View Post
    If you were working a regular full time job at $5.81 an hour you could make $1000 per month. (4.3weeks/month * 40 hours/week * $5.81 per hour) This is not making a living, this is living in poverty while playing a video game.

If this is the best that people expect to do by taking all the fun out of the game, then why try?
    Of course people will not be able to make a living for just 40 hrs a week of play time, 112 hours a week maybe.

Clan Officer - US East Hardcore AlexanderBarin's Avatar
    BattleTag MotherMedusa-1643

I intend to make $1000 per month playing just under 1 hour per day. Is that better?

IncGamers Member

It'll be nice one week into the game when threads like this vanish when people realize the only ones who can really make any money on the RMAH is Blizzard themselves because of the millions of $0.25-$5.00 transactions taking place... And maybe the Chinese farmers who'll farm up complete late game sets and legendaries and sell them off here and there for the $250 transaction limit for the first few months after release before they saturate the marker with them and they start selling for pennies on the dollar as well...

BattleTag Eeryck-1961

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderBarin View Post
    I intend to make $1000 per month playing just under 1 hour per day. Is that better?
    That would be reasonable. I hope it works out for you! If you are really able to do this you realize that selling the guide on how to do it would make you more money right.

That would be reasonable. I hope it works out for you! If you are really able to do this you realize that selling the guide on how to do it would make you more money right.
    Dont feed the troll !

BattleTag Azzure-1989

Quote Originally Posted by FizzyBubbly View Post
    For example I currently have some investments in something called tax liens. I make anywhere from a guaranteed 15% to 3000% on my investments. There are no barriers of entry to this as long as you can start with $500-1000, so by your idea because the opportunity to make profit is so great everyone with $500 would enter the market, but obviously they don't.

One of the questions that this discussion brings up that I haven't seen answered is how this will effect "farm houses" in respect to their employment base. If their employees could enter the market individually and make more then the farms pay them?

Written from my cell, sorry for any mistakes.
    We don't have Tax liens in Australia, but from what I understand it's VERY difficult to secure tax liens at anything above 6-9% rate of return on decent properties. It's highly competitive and there can be problems with some of the riskier properties, which are the ones with the double-digit rate of returns.

Foreclosing the delinquent property makes you the owner of that property. The will mostly happen if the delinquent purposely doesn't want to keep the property because its worthless or its a liability, because the person can easily attain other lines of credit to pay off the outstanding taxes (they aren't that much). So this is not always a good thing. Say that its a terrible property somewhere in the woods and is not legally habitable because its falling apart and used to be a meth lab. You try and sell it but no one wants to buy it because its a really ****ty property.

You will then have to pay continual taxes, insurance and other fees associated with owning the property. In addition, since you are now the owner of this property you are responsible for everything to do with the house, including health and safety issues, penalties and liabilities (eg the house is toxic from asbestos, or a breeding ground for termites and is threatening the nearby environment).

Last edited by Azzure; 21-04-2012 at 06:42.