Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Re: How I plan on making $1000 in the first month

The easiest way of making 1000$ first month is to do it in real life The problem with online games market, is that most of users don't have jobs, there are all kinds of farmers and even bots that affect prices. But even without any cheats involved, just "kids" playing 12h/day, prices of items will be fairly low compared to what you meake in rl, given the same time unit. I suspect relatively good gear will be very cheap, especially after first hype will fade away. Real expensive stuff, will be perfect rolls of certain items, collected only by people who want 100% perfect stats.

IncGamers Member

"Stupid" meaning that you spend money on an item that you will only use for a few levels just because you have a hard time beating the last boss in normal or the first boss in nightmare which are designed to be easy. Stupid first for not being able to beat it, and stupid 2nd because you actually decided to solve it by spending some $.

I'm not talking about people that don't have time for farming and decide to buy end-game gear that they will use for a while instead of playing enough hours to farm it. Not that I'm a big fan of those people either, but those aren't the ones I'm calling "stupid". Those people also aren't the ones that Marco wants to use to make his "1000$ first month", since he plans on selling small amounts of gold (and items?) made in the very early parts of the game for inflated prices.

IncGamers Member

I no longer use Diablo Fans as a source of D3 infomation due to the fact that they allow people like the OP to advertise thier unauthorized guides with thier links. This activity is against the ToS and the OP could not get away with this on the official forums, so he comes to these sites to infest them with his insane "tips of the day" posts to draw in naive readers to buy his guide. Posts like "$1000 a month", "$25 an hour", "$10,000 for an item", "super secrets", "D3 auction expert". All these "buzz" words are just speculations from a game still in beta phase. (How does one call themselves an expert in a game that hasn't been released?).

As far as I am concerned these "Super Secret Guides" are just as bad as gold duper/hacker gold third party sites. All of them are against the terms set forth by Blizzard. Also, there is nothing the OP or anyone else for that matter can teach you that is not common information found by simply reading online for free (there are no secrets). I hope that this site monitors the OP actions. As of now he links his post from Diablo Fans which contains his advertising link. This guy tries to be slick and test the waters, hopefully he won't find a home here like he did at Diablo Fans.

Awaiting user confirming email address

Quote Originally Posted by Cisgo View Post
    I no longer use Diablo Fans as a source of D3 infomation due to the fact that they allow people like the OP to advertise thier unauthorized guides with thier links. This activity is against the ToS and the OP could not get away with this on the official forums, so he comes to these sites to infest them with his insane "tips of the day" posts to draw in naive readers to buy his guide. Posts like "$1000 a month", "$25 an hour", "$10,000 for an item", "super secrets", "D3 auction expert". All these "buzz" words are just speculations from a game still in beta phase. (How does one call themselves an expert in a game that hasn't been released?).

As far as I am concerned these "Super Secret Guides" are just as bad as gold duper/hacker gold third party sites. All of them are against the terms set forth by Blizzard. Also, there is nothing the OP or anyone else for that matter can teach you that is not common information found by simply reading online for free (there are no secrets). I hope that this site monitors the OP actions. As of now he links his post from Diablo Fans which contains his advertising link. This guy tries to be slick and test the waters, hopefully he won't find a home here like he did at Diablo Fans.
    lol, u mad bro ?

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by galzohar View Post
    "Stupid" meaning that you spend money on an item that you will only use for a few levels just because you have a hard time beating the last boss in normal or the first boss in nightmare which are designed to be easy. Stupid first for not being able to beat it, and stupid 2nd because you actually decided to solve it by spending some $.
    You just called capitalism stupid :O!

Capitalism:

Have problem? yes
    Have money? yes
    Problem solved!

Have problem? yes
    Have money? yes
    money can't solve the problem?...yes :(
    **** the problem, you got money! yeah!

Banned

Markco tell us how much money you have made selling your game guides and the truth will all be revealed.

Clan Officer - US East Hardcore AlexanderBarin's Avatar
    BattleTag MotherMedusa-1643

The typical justification for this is: "it's not a crime to scam/deceive stupid or greedy people". Typical D2 kiddie philosophy translated from real world where baby boomers' capitalism cult had produced an ouroboros of white collar crime, at this point either insitutionalized or wrist-slapped at best. These people can't quite grasp that the society would have far less stupid/greedy people with less people like marko trying to profit from them and instead putting their efforts in the more benevolent causes.

BattleTag Flexy-2748

In a world where people buy new iphones and ipads while their old ones are still working perfectly fine, I think it's very much possible to make 4 digits from selling items on the RMAH.

But.

Even if you have a good strategy, it's still a matter of luck. Unbelievable luck even.
    Items in Diablo are never worth that much. After some time, you could buy the best items in D2 for small change.
    Think about how many items you'll find that are, literally, worth ****. And now think about how many you'll find that are worth like $20+

In my years of doing MF runs I never found "the best" items.

So let's say you do it. You've found an efficient way to farm certain items and essentially the 12yr olds.
    You play 15 hours/day and make $1000/month. That's unbelievable and really an accomplishment.

But it's still smalltime and not worth the time you put into it. The 17yr old drop-out from your local cinema will earn more in a month.

BattleTag FizzyBubbly-1527

I think there are many issues when looking at D3 as a form of substantial income.
    1) the amount of substantial income is subjective. $1000 dollars in the US is a joke. However in countries like China that would be equivalent to the average worker making 3-4 times their monthly wage.
    2) there are to many people assuming that everyone else playing the game is a 12 yr old no lifer. Yet the average age for a Diablo player is 25. These people absolutely have the means to use their discretionary money to purchase in game items.
    3) the assumption of only dumb people buying items in the beginning is in fact an in educated statement in itself. The primary focus of the game is the attainment of items. With this in mind there is an immediate demand for items when the game launches, especially good +Exp items during the first few months. I can say that if I started the game and could buy a mid lvl range +exp that I could use to quickly level all my characters I could easily spend a quick $10-$15. Will I? Most likely no but it is painfully obvious that the demand for items of all kinds will be present upon game launch.

Now in regards to the main post topic.

1) Beta cannot give an accurate estimate for Gold/USD conversion because the beta bucks have no time value. Beta bucks were given to players there was no work done to attain this money in rl or in game. Gold however has intrinsic value currently due to the work needed to attain it and the demand associated with the currency. Will gold be a valuable commodity in the beginning of the game? Yes! Will you be able to sell you gold in the beginninghours of launch? Yes! Will you sell it for $20/ per 1000? What the **** are you smoking! Currently gold sells in beta for about $5BB/1000. Again this is an intrinsically worthless currency that players spend just to spend it. Once BB is associated with actual currency that took time to make the value of BB in relation to gold will go up in teen bringing the price paid per 1k gold much much lower. Say the supply and demand stay the same respectively yet the intrinsic value of BB(USD at launch) becomes 100 times greater then it is now then you are looking at .05USD/1000 gold. Even 10 times greater would be .50 USD/1000 gold.
    2) we must look at the fees associated with these sales if we are looking to make the most profit. Between paypal and rmah you should sell gold in batches worth no less then $40. Why? Because transactions in any amount less will cost you more then 20% in transaction fees. A transaction of $10 will leave you with $6.80 deposited in your paypal account equivalent to 32% in fees!
    3) I believe for most forum members it would be much more helpful to address this topic in a more realistic manner. Rather then looking at extreme possibilities that may only be accomplished by a few we should focus on ways to optimize our play to generate achieveable profitable outcomes.

Ps: I apologise for any errors, this was written and sent from my cell phone.

Awaiting user confirming email address

omg, all the doom say'ers and negativity I read on this thread.
    Come on people, be a little optismistic. No one knows how much or little items or gold will sell for until the game is live.

I think people will make a decent amount each month playing 16hrs solid if they are smart about there play,
    game systems and the AH.

Farming like a boss ftw/
    More positive comments and attitudes plz