Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Clan Officer - US East Hardcore AlexanderBarin's Avatar
    BattleTag MotherMedusa-1643

Re: How I plan on making $1000 in the first month

Quote Originally Posted by Markco View Post
    How else do I bring up the conversation? I don't see anyone else attempting to draw meaningful conclusions from player psychology, past lessons, and analysis of what we know from beta.

I respect your opinion but actions speak louder than words. I will continue to make the vast majority of my ideas public, and people will make up their own minds as to what my motives are.
    It's a free world! If people are stupid enough to bored to argue over your baseless assumptions, or stupid enough to buy the guides you're peddling (your only motive, no need to make up any mind over it), then by all means.

Oh, and if you genuinely wanted to discuss or theorycraft on these things, you wouldn't be linking to a forum where you have your seller website as a signature.

Just saying.

IncGamers Member

what it boils down to is teamwork; do you have dozens people that trust you, splitting the cost of getting your blacksmith maxed out asap, feeding you mats, so you can start stuffing them full of the finest things you can craft in return? the allure of anonymous real money sales will cripple casuals ability to form groups like these, and these teams will dominate the markets.

Something I expect to see is guilds with a shared copy of the game, the guild leader and select officers have access to this one account, which has been rushed through the requirements for the bs+jc (beat hell), is parked and used solely for people that need things to be crafted to do so (so it wont just be one guild crafter dreading logging on), well and also as a guild bank of sorts. You'll probably see accounts for this on ebay or whatever- THAT might be worth a few hundred early on, VERY limited market for it though. Would be nice if sharing access to the high level blacksmith could be shared by membership in some sort of ingame guild structure, but I dont see blizzard throwing away such a huge sink.

BattleTag Azzure-1989

I'm sure that some people will pay as much as $20 for 1,000 gold initially, and then eventually everyone will be making a few thousand gold with each play-through, so gold won't be nearly that valuable. But on day one, the sky is the limit. Whatever gold you make on that first gaming session, just sell it for as much as you can and stop every hour or so to repost more gold.
    I would bet $10,000 that 1000g will never be worth $20. Not even $5. Considering it takes less than 20 minutes to farm 1000g in Act 1 Normal.

Marcko some of your projections concern me.... Let me explain why this is ludicrious.

At $20 per 1000g, a new character in Act 1 normal can make $80++ per hour. This is higher than 98% of US citizens wages. In fact, I know a guy who can farm 1,000,000 gold in a week, so by your theory, this guy will earn $20k per week, or $90k per month. If you think this is going to happen I feel that you might be beyond help and you should probably not invest any money in to Diablo 3 as with projections like this you will lose grossly.

I would be surprised if 1000g = $1.00 at its peak.

Last edited by Azzure; 06-04-2012 at 12:21.

Clan Officer - US East Hardcore AlexanderBarin's Avatar
    BattleTag MotherMedusa-1643

Quote Originally Posted by Azzure View Post
    I would bet $10,000 that 1000g will never be worth $20. Not even $5. Considering it takes less than 20 minutes to farm 1000g in Act 1 Normal.

Marcko some of your projections concern me.... Let me explain why this is ludicrious.

At $20 per 1000g, a new character in Act 1 normal can make $80++ per hour. This is higher than 98% of US citizens wages. In fact, I know a guy who can farm 1,000,000 gold in a week, so by your theory, this guy will earn $20k per week, or $90k per month. If you think this is going to happen I feel that you might be beyond help and you should probably not invest any money in to Diablo 3 as with projections like this you will lose grossly.

He doesn't need to be right, he just needs attention.

Let me explain with more context.

I'm not saying it is sustainable in any way.

$20 per thousand in the first few hours of play is possible if people who don't know better are buying it.

Within a few hours of play the price of gold will plummet substantially, but don't be surprised if it settles at $3-$5 for the first few days.

Think of it this way. We only know how much gold we can make in beta, but we really don't know how much we will spend in the game while leveling. A lot of players will spend every penny they earn on gold sinks, and they will buy gold depending on many different factors.

BattleTag Halfsoul-2361

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosmage View Post
    cool story bro
    ....and good luck!

IncGamers Site Pal
    Diablo 3 Beta Tester
    BattleTag Bowzer -1925

Quote Originally Posted by Azzure View Post
    I would be surprised if 1 million gold goes for $1 after the first week.

100$ first day ? Yea right.

Your strat mainly relies oon people buying stuff like mats and middle-class crafties.. Which I guess could work but I think you overestimate people's willingness to give away money for in game stuff.

Anyways, the best of luck.

edit: also I'm guessing the RMAH will be pretty much underused until blizz puts pvp back in the game.

BattleTag Zoe-2982

The big spenders of ingame items will not be buying much, if anything initially. The thing that drives these people to buy is seeing other peoples items, there's those that play catchup too which guess what....won't be around for a while, $20 per 1000g is just rediculous, I make that off 20 drops in beta, fair enough I have GF but for the average player, they'll make that 1000 in the first 30 minutes easy, and whats 30 minutes to the average player?

Theres only a very select few people stupid enough to spend more than they earn per hour IRL, if you make $100 in the first day (after cuts) and especially $1000 in the first month (after cuts) then you should apply to be the next COD games market strategist.

I plan on making some revenue off the RMAH in the first month but nothing obscene like that and especially not from gold which drops a ludicrous amount even in beta...maybe when it does become an actual goldsink (I'm saying end of NM, beginning of hell) then yeah...gold may sell but nowhere near that silly price and there's only the hardcore (not game mode) players that will be there first...let me give you an insight into us hardcore players, we don't spend anything...so your gold sales market strategy fails because by the time the average player hits that area, the market will be flooded with hopefuls such as yourself.

I'm not flaming you but damn, my hat's off to you if you do it, I don't see it happening though, especially these figures pulled out of thin air. I'm not a complete doofus either, when I got bored of clearing WoW content I used to transfer characters around realms getting multiple chars goldcapped (and destroying the economy at the same time, sorry!). That won't happen in D3 though due to the scale of players using the AH, we aren't realm locked anymore, we go by region now, that's a lot of people per AH, something you have to consider.

I think your strategy is a winning strategy to get more cash than the next guy, but not necessarily to get real cash. Only do it if it's fun to you, because the only way I would believe you could make real serious money doing this is if Blizzard sells gift cards in retail stores from day 1, and furthermore starts you off with a bit of in-game currency from the retail box. Since it doesn't look like either of those will happen, then....no.

Actually I bet there will be people who make $1000 per month for the first year, and possibly for the second year depending on how often patches are made and how soon PvP comes out.

Those people will be the botters who manage to keep from being banned, the people who share accounts to keep their characters farming 24 hours/day, the people who manage alternate auction websites, and the people who code and sell exploit/botting software.

Real players who think they will be able to make close to working wages off of playing this game the real way are on

Last edited by FaultyYogurt; 06-04-2012 at 18:06. Reason: Added some, at least slightly more encouraging thoughts...