Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Re: Life leech in Diablo 3: Unmanageable?

If the current list of datamined affixes are accurate, then I'm more concerned about Life on hit and straight up HP regen being too good.

Clan Officer - US East Hardcore AlexanderBarin's Avatar
    BattleTag MotherMedusa-1643

Quote Originally Posted by davew2040 View Post
    To the guy who just about had a stroke at his computer chair: get a ****ing grip. Like I said, Diablo 2 was fun, but for people who aren't serious devotees, it's hard to play anymore. The game's practically unplayable for casters at early levels, where you spend more time porting back to town for mana potions than you do playing the actual game, unless you stick with broke *** melee mechanics. The multiplayer mechanics are primitive as hell. Loot explosions for the fastest clicker? Waiting in a game for long enough to throw all your **** on the ground to xfer it? Give me a break.

Diablo 2 is far from perfect. Sit back and let the adults figure out how to improve it.
    Thank you. D2 and D3 are incomparable.

BattleTag Mick-1457

I don't see how life leech is any more of a problem than "+X from health globes". They are very similar stats in practice. I'd only see a problem if they were not balanced properly, and one was clearly superior to the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Raesene View Post
    I don't see how life leech is any more of a problem than "+X from health globes". They are very similar stats in practice.
    The problem with relying on Globes is that you can't really do that, since they're unpredictable. They're also much more risky with ranged characters.

BattleTag Mick-1457

Quote Originally Posted by HardRock View Post
    The problem with relying on Globes is that you can't really do that, since they're unpredictable. They're also much more risky with ranged characters.
    Which means those risks should be balanced in when balancing those stats. They may want to make +X from health globes give a higher health reward over time because of the increased risk and unpredictability.

However, you also have to remember there are some inherent advantages to health orb healing too, since you can have some control over it by saving them for key moments in a fight.

IncGamers Member

Life leech is flat in D3, not % based.

/thread

Clan Officer - US East Hardcore AlexanderBarin's Avatar
    BattleTag MotherMedusa-1643

I think people who are worried about LL are underestimating difficulty of D3 and overestimating difficulty of D2.
    You didn't even need LL in D2. You could just spam potions.
    On the other hand, we don't know enough about D3 endgame to predict how easy LL will be to obtain without losing other critical stats, and whether LL will even be as effective as it was in D2. I don't think LL will be easy to obtain (or rather, it will be easy to obtain, but then you will still die in Inferno due to other stats being too low), and I don't think it will be as effective (hello Jailer Waller Nightmarish).

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderBarin View Post
    I think people who are worried about LL are underestimating difficulty of D3 and overestimating difficulty of D2.
    You didn't even need LL in D2. You could just spam potions.
    Sure. Potions were more broken. But it was like adding a broken mechanism on top of a broken one. Both were quite bad for the gameplay imo.

IncGamers Member

/thread
    http://diablonut.incgamers.com/item/...-grand-galraki

ctrl-F, "dealt"

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by ElementEight View Post

/thread
    What do you mean by that? There are tons of "X% damage dealt converted to life" affixes in the beta files...