Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Banned

inferno drops

Apparently you will be able to find the exact same items in hell and act1 inferno as you can at the end of inferno. What is the point of inferno then, other than just the challenge of beating it? I was hoping that there would be certain ultra rare items that only spawn in the late stages of inferno. This would give me a lot more motivation to build my character strong enough to survive inferno. Now, I just don't see the point.

IncGamers Site Pal
    Diablo 3 Beta Tester
    BattleTag Bowzer -1925

Re: inferno drops

Quote Originally Posted by jean valjean View Post
    Apparently you will be able to find the exact same items in hell and act1 inferno as you can at the end of inferno. What is the point of inferno then, other than just the challenge of beating it? I was hoping that there would be certain ultra rare items that only spawn in the late stages of inferno. This would give me a lot more motivation to build my character strong enough to survive inferno. Now, I just don't see the point.
    Where did you read this?

Link please.

The reason to build a better character is to get better chances of getting the rare stuff. I don't remember the drop tables from D2, but I think that many good items that had better chances of dropping in Act 5 of Hell could drop even in Act 1. This isn't really a new thing, although I was hoping for exclusive items in the later Acts as well.

BattleTag Mick-1457

Quote Originally Posted by jean valjean View Post
    Apparently you will be able to find the exact same items in hell and act1 inferno as you can at the end of inferno. What is the point of inferno then, other than just the challenge of beating it?
    What are the point of video games other than the challenge of beating them?

I don't need the possibility of shiny lootz in order to want to beat inferno. If it will make you feel better, there will probably be a shiny achievement.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bowzer View Post
    Where did you read this?

Link please.
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/top...32?page=12#227

but it's Bashiok so take it with a grain of salt

IncGamers Member

Obviously, the really good items will have a higher drop chance at the end of inferno.

He said that theres a small chance to find a highest tier item in hell, a bit higher chance in act 1 inferno and highest chance in act 4 inferno. If you wanna go grind helldiff for the rarest items... have fun. As soon as i am good enough to go into inferno and get a better droprate i will.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HardRock View Post
    The reason to build a better character is to get better chances of getting the rare stuff. I don't remember the drop tables from D2, but I think that many good items that had better chances of dropping in Act 5 of Hell could drop even in Act 1. This isn't really a new thing, although I was hoping for exclusive items in the later Acts as well.
    Actually there were items in D2 that could only drop in act 4/5 hell. And there were Baal charms and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Raesene View Post

I don't need the possibility of shiny lootz in order to want to beat inferno. If it will make you feel better, there will probably be a shiny achievement.
    the incentive of better loot is always a good motivator. Maybe it doesn't matter to you, but I'm sure that to many people it makes a big difference. And I couldn't care less about achievements.

BattleTag Mick-1457

If you need motivation to play the later acts, it sounds like you don't expect to get much enjoyment out of them. You should be glad that Blizzard is not forcing you to do something you don't enjoy doing. If you *do* enjoy the better challenges, then it sounds like you're being disingenuous when you say you want to be motivated to do them. Then it sounds more like you care about what kind of loot *other* players are getting.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raesene View Post
    Some people like to have fun playing them, too! But yeah at least for me beating a challenge is an important ingredient in having fun when I play a game.