Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

View Poll Results: What is most fun? Solo or Co-op?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Solo

40 33.61%
  • Co-op with random players in public games

9 7.56%
  • Co-op with players on your friends list

70 58.82%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BattleTag Ask me!

Poll: Solo or Co-op?

Since I, a long time solo player, recently discovered how fun co-op is in D3 I was wondering how the rest of the community feels.

So what do you enjoy the most? Feel free to explain why if you want to.

PS: I am aware that the answer may differ depending on what mood you're in, but try your best to answer the poll as accurately as possible!

Re: Poll: Solo or Co-op?

I find D3's coop really fun, even with a random group, so I voted for that. That said, I'll still play solo for my first playthrough in Normal.

IncGamers Site Pal
    Diablo 3 Beta Tester
    BattleTag Bowzer -1925

I'll be playing my first run through normal solo, after that it'll be all incgamers friends.

BattleTag Mick-1457

D3 Co-op is light-years ahead of D2 co-op for me, mostly because of the individual loot. I really really hated how players instantly picked up everything that dropped from the boss before I even had a chance to read it. Even when playing with friends, they would insta-pickup out of sheer habit.

BattleTag Ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Bowzer View Post
    I'll be playing my first run through normal solo, after that it'll be all incgamers friends.
    I think I'll be doing the same thing as you, assuming I find good people to play with! :O which I might not do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowzer View Post
    i need to start getting a friends list going from people here. several people here seem to have the same play style i have so like you i would rather keep my co-op limted to people here and RL friends

Quote Originally Posted by Raesene View Post
    D3 Co-op is light-years ahead of D2 co-op for me, mostly because of the individual loot. I really really hated how players instantly picked up everything that dropped from the boss before I even had a chance to read it. Even when playing with friends, they would insta-pickup out of sheer habit.

i agree 100% here. this more than anything makes co-op more fun. there are other improvements also, for instance i like less players in the game, i think it makes it far more fun

over all i will solo the game first. others have said normal only which may or may not be where i also stop and join co-op. after that i will probably do something like

solo 50% group/friends 40% group/pub 10%

BattleTag RyTEK-1818

I voted co-op, but I think if years from now I measured hours spent playing, solo would win-out. Reasons:

-My wife plays, she will be the #1 source of my co-op time. RL friends will be a close 2nd source of co-op time. diablo.incgamers members will be a distant 3rd source of my co-op time.
    -BUT IT ALL BOILS DOWN TO wanting to game at my own pace. Because I like to stop and smell the roses in these games and not rush to the next WP/boss, I just love solo runs. One of my least favorite things in the beta is when I want to examine a quest dialogue and someone in my group clicks right through it.
    -Let us not forget hitting ESC to pause in solo games. As a father of 2 and someone that isn't a slave to video games, this is very important. I'm looking forward to playing for 15 minutes, taking care of something around the house, then hopping back in, then hitting ESC again. If it takes me 4 hours to go from WP to WP, so be it.

That last option is probably why solo will win out over time, with co-op winning in the near future.

I intend to take my time niiiicee and slowwww on Normal, soloing.

But from Nightmare onwards, I suspect I'll be spending *most* of my time in co-op . Let's face it - I want teh loots! And Blizzard's said that while co-op is not mandatory, it tends to be more efficient than soloing when it comes to killing stuff on the harder difficulties. That said, I'll definitely solo for a good amount of time, because it feels good to do so ^_____^.

Mostly co-op with friends at the start, meeting some new folks to play with along the way no doubt . Diablo has always been about co-op for me. The only time I didn't co-op was when I was MF'ing. Now that Blizz encourages grouping when MF'ing I will probably be doing that co-op too!

BattleTag Halfsoul-2361

I think IŽll start out playing solo while singing o solo mio! Taking my time to explore it all and the story while avoiding LeahŽs diaries at all cost! :d, then when the time comes for item hunting in inferno I might play with some friends, if I get any by that time or perhaps iŽll join up with some guys from this forum who knows.