Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Re: Serious expansion class speculation

Well, I would like to see "Dark Knight" themed class, myself, a cross between a Necromancer and a Paladin. A Knight that throws curses or has "negative" auras, raises undead and fights with sword and board.

I would like to see a "Samurai Jack"-esque character; ie. one that is lightly armoured specializing in two handed weapons. Through some mystic abilities on the side, like creating mystical weapons out of thin air ("Dancing Sword" kind of things), or being able to "toss" their weapons and have them return...

I would like to see a "Ranger"-esque class; ie. one that has a pet or two, that uses bows, and throws out some nature magic. You can roll shapeshifting into the class for melee use as well.

IncGamers Member

Now that's a great idea. I couldn't put it better for "Dark Knight" Mix of pala and necro would be super awesome!

I would also like to see a spear/weapon throw specialized class, some mixture of amazon and assassin, like a spear warrior from the movie Hero. Wen I saw that fight my jaws dropped.

Really i wish they would've just brought the necro back instead of creating the WD

I honsetly would enjoy playing a refurbished necromancer class, but I'm glad they tried to make a new class instead. But the WD is not the successor to the necromancer, he's more of a caster with some pets. So I hope the real successor to the necromancer class is introduced in a later expansion at least.

Giant eyeball. Or Dhalsim.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfik View Post
    I honsetly would enjoy playing a refurbished necromancer class, but I'm glad they tried to make a new class instead. But the WD is not the successor to the necromancer, he's more of a caster with some pets. So I hope the real successor to the necromancer class is introduced in a later expansion at least.
    as long as there is no more army of skeletons on my screen i will be happy. bring necro back, improve his skills but please god limit those skeletons

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by DiabloBaal View Post
    Why doesn't Blizzard simply bring back the 'WARRIOR' class renamed the Knight is beyond me. I know we have the Barbarian but he Feels like the Uruk-Hai type where as a Knight will feel more like a Gondor Fountain Guard.
    This is exactly what I would enjoy seeing. A class named Warrior or knight or something that has lots of combat based skill and such. He doesn't have to be like the barb.

IncGamers Member

Im quite pleased with how the Witch Doctor have turned out, a worthy successor to the Necromancer in a new iteration. So many creative and wicked looking spells. Id want to have new class experiences, instead of rethreading old ones, Necromancers have been overused in soo many games. Witch Doctors are a fresh, relatively unexplored archetype. Also, summoner necromancers usually ends getting too powerful in many games because they can dramatically reduce the difficulty of content by producing large numbers of expendables between the party and enemies, which was why guild wars 1 necromancers got severely nerfed, as groups became overly dependent on them to cheese content with a mass of bodies. In guild wars 2, you can have up to 5 minions, by devoting 5/10 skill slots to them

Two more wonderful ideas...

Dual wielding shielding.

"Down Under"-Dude with a boomerang and can summon a kangaroo. Great accent and can "power up" with giant beer cans (a rune of course).

so many people asked about dual wielding shields in skyrim. would be funny watching a class run around with 2 shields, be like captain america on crack