Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pride Merc

Re: Pride Merc

The Pits are ~20 DR average, RoF and CS combined ~50.

BattleTag MagpieMcGraw-2483

Take into account that Pride doesn't have ED on the weapon. Your merc will do crap damage with it, and will die alot(due to leeching less). I'd make a Hand of Justice. Auras are cool.

The concept posted here interests me, but probably comes up short especially when value for money is included.

By the way, the 1.13d patch notes say "- Fixed another issue where players were able to stack auras in an unintended way."

Why it is so secretive is beyond me, does it mean that aura's from items don't stack anymore or what?

i think that was a b.net bug where mercs' aura stacking could be bugged by equipping and removing the same item multiple times. AFAIK, aura stacking from different items still work.

That particular 'bug' was to have two of the same Dream item (2x Dream shield, or 2x Dream helm,) and swap the characters Dream Helm with the mercs Dream Helm (or replace both 'helm's' with 'shield') where the aura granted from Dream wasn't removed properly. From doing this, the auras granted weren't removed properly when the new aura was added, resulting in additive aura levels. Through this, the aura granted by Dream could reach rediculous levels, one-shotting basically everything.

Legitimate aura stacking is having various auras effective at the same time (a Paladin with Fanat, a Might merc, and a RW equipping a 3rd aura): stacking multiple varying auras at the same time.

Edit: pwned.

I think you can also still put on 2 dreams for a level 30 holy shock.

^Yep.

Unsynergised lvl 30 Holy Fire does like 270 damage... an interesting way to make the fire side of a elemental bowa (FA/EA) more viable, but nothing to write home about.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pijus View Post
    Take into account that Pride doesn't have ED on the weapon. Your merc will do crap damage with it, and will die alot(due to leeching less). I'd make a Hand of Justice. Auras are cool.
    You're forgetting that ED from Conc aura aplies to the merc too so that makes up for not having ED on weapon.

Not really. The base damage on his weapon is going to be about 250 max(if ethereal superior collosus voulge or something similar). If you merc has 1000 ED(the sort that pride, might and strength give), he's going to do 2500 max damage. Many polearms don't have very good minimum damage, so his averege damage is going to be maybe 1800. I guess it's not completely horrible, but it's quite low.

IncGamers Member

Well, yeah, if you want to be a nitpick. :P

I'm not a big fan of merc's high damage (but of course the more the better), if I'm a caster I usually do all the killing and if I'm melee, well, again, I do the killing thing, so I only find him useful in one on one situations vs a tough minion boss and since I'm mostly playing on p8 there is no point in waiting for my merc to kill him.