Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pride Merc

Pride Merc

Spoiler

I guess i will have to replace Reapers for Pride, one day.

Hang on...doesn't Reapers basically double my damage output and Pride would only increase it by < 1.3 times?

(note: i am Straferzon)

Unless i went an equipped an Atma's...hmmm. Maybe just go Doom. Shrug. Nothing really seems to be worth it to me. Anyone really keen for a Cham?

Last edited by Hairless; 04-04-2012 at 05:59.

IncGamers Member

Re: Pride Merc

I'm in the same boat as you. I have two chams and I'm having a hard time deciding which of the three cham runewords to go for.

Reaper's doesn't double your damage, it's 50%.
    my estimate of double is based on monsters having an average of 50 DR.

I'm in the same boat as you. I have two chams and I'm having a hard time deciding which of the three cham runewords to go for.
    I'm going to put the Cham up for sale. My policy is to play self found, so i only accept PGems which i will use to reroll Ball GC's, and then sell them for more PGems, and so on.

IncGamers Member omgwtfbbqpwned's Avatar

If you have an alternate source of Amp/Decrep it could work out.

But for the most part, -50% resistance usually wins out (note: it's not even *1.45 or whatever Conc Aura gives, since you have other sources as well, such as non-weapon %ED, dexterity, etc.), unless:
    - Your Bowie is tweaked out, pimped-my-ride style to the point where extra damage is more beneficial than the 50% resistance drop.
    - You're doing a speed run and can actually kill faster than Decrep triggers.

Congrats either way.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fyourics View Post
    Make a zod -> BOTD!

Quote Originally Posted by Hairless View Post
    my estimate of double is based on monsters having an average of 50 DR.
    No they don't, not even close. I think monsters have about 25 DR on average, only a few get 50. Mephisto for instance only has 20 DR.

Regardless, reapers is still more damage. However the merc actually needs to hit stuff for decrep to go off, while concentration aura will e on all the time. This is particularly true for a bowie, where you might find that all the stuff dies before the merc reaches them.

Thanks.

OT: omg: I was reminiscing about "Sticky Splooge" the other day...is he still around?

IncGamers Member

I might be wrong, but I thought all monsters in hell get a 50% boost in physical DR? Then an estimate of 50 DR is about right imo.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaerion View Post
    I might be wrong, but I thought all monsters in hell get a 50% boost in physical DR? Then an estimate of 50 DR is about right imo.
    It depends on what you mean by 'boost in DR' but in general, that's wrong.

Let's take a few random monsters, assuming Arreat summit can be trusted
    Devilkin: 0 0 15 ( normal nightmare hell )
    Warped one: 50 66 75
    Wraith: 30 40 100
    Flesh archer: 20 20 15

Devilkin's resistance is increased by 15%. Warped one by 9%. Wraith by 60% ( becomes immune ). Flesh archer drops by 5%

So in general physical resistance changes from monster to monster and there is no rule like that.

You might be confusing it with 'stoneskin' modifier on bosses, which does indeed increase physical resistance by 50%.

I think in some previous patch they gave everything in Hell 50% DR, but it's now closer to ~25 as zaph said.

Like he also pointed out, Decrep of course only works when it's procced while Conc is always on. So it really depends how quickly stuff dies. The same applies to Atma's.

Keep the Cham and wait for another one to drop so you can make BotD