Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Will WD's pets be able to tank inferno?

What do you guys think?

I am guessing they can't.

If they could then inferno wouldn't as hard as everyone says it is. Just have your pets tank and while the entire party just spam ranging attacks.

Am I right?

Re: Will WD's pets be able to tank inferno?

I think it's quite safe to assume that they won't last very long in inferno. Currently they can't even handle Skeleton King in the beta.

IncGamers Member

Or maybe they can with the right setup, but the monsters will come straight for your character instead of minions.

The WD's pets were always intended to be more transcient than the Necro's.

That said, I *do* think that pet tanking will be viable in Inferno. You just need to get the idea out of your head that they'll survive each fight. Even if they tank for 20 seconds, that's a pretty good return for the 1-minute cooldown. Really, the Skeleton King is the only thing that owns them in the beta, so I don't think that's a good comparison at the moment.

The Witch Doctor was designed to have the primary playstyle of "pets-distract-while-you-do-damage". If the WD's primary playstyle isn't Inferno-viable, I'd be quite surprised. And remember - Zombie Dogs are your mooks, the Gargantuan's going to be doing the heavy-duty tanking, I imagine.

IncGamers Member

I think everything will be viable in inferno. Pets don't deal too much damage, so clearly, their use must be in taking some hits for you. Sure, they can't tank the skeleton king... but unlike trash, he has mechanics that can be avoided, so you don't need dedicated tanks to keep your *** alive.

IncGamers Member

Think u will need ur pets + a barb for tanking in inferno, then the 3 of u can do the imba ranged dps.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Horcsog View Post
    Think u will need ur pets + a barb for tanking in inferno, then the 3 of u can do the imba ranged dps.
    Game is soloable. Try again.

IncGamers Member

Performance of pets in beta atm is laughable, they are good versus normal monsters, any chempions/elites/bosses are destroying them on sight. I hope it will change later in the game because right now they are not buying enough time for WD in boss/elite/champion fights.

But let us not jump into conclusions based on beta since its very small piece of the game.

With the certain passives and/or with the Templar's Loyalty aura, I'm sure that ZDs will be good for Inferno tanking as well. They may not last 60 seconds, but they won't be one-shotted either.

IncGamers Member

Jungle Fort + Bad Medicine = 36% damage reduction. Use it, love it